[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

8 hours ago, Acvila said:

so, the rockets fly in space before any prop invented... can-t understand tech tree

This is precisely how stock works -- there are other tech trees that re-arrange for aircraft/unmanned travel first.

7 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

Exactly. Just like in the stock tech tree. The purpose of CTT is to expand it to allow more space for mod parts and more specialization especially in the later stages of the career. It isn't meant to change the progression paths too much.

Thank you for putting this together. Love it! :D

Thanks for patching it up for people who use it. Does it need to be packed or is it fine if I link it in the OP? I might pack up everything that people made in the future, but I'm not sure if they're hooked to only work with the mods on. So not yet right now.

54 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Thanks for patching it up for people who use it. Does it need to be packed or is it fine if I link it in the OP? I might pack up everything that people made in the future, but I'm not sure if they're hooked to only work with the mods on. So not yet right now.

The patch checks if CTT is installed. If not, it does nothing. Many mods bundle a variety of these patches. It really does hurt to give them to everyone unless you think the patch does not fully reflect your vision of this mod and you want to keep it as an extra. :)

Awesome work on your new release, as usual. Just a couple of things:

I just saw the Hercules gears... It was like a dream come true...:blush:  Sadly, they dont deploy and also dont mirror...;.; Maybe it is an experimental new part?

Also, the new Delta Advanced Winglet has the animation inverted. When I push left the plane goes left but the animation moves the winglet part to the right (I think it is better explained with a pic):
b0JLDx0.png

Also, it seems to me that when the winglet is moved, is bigger that it should be (anyway, can me because of the vision angle or whatever).

23 minutes ago, lttito said:

Awesome work on your new release, as usual. Just a couple of things:

I just saw the Hercules gears... It was like a dream come true...:blush:  Sadly, they dont deploy and also dont mirror...;.; Maybe it is an experimental new part?

Also, the new Delta Advanced Winglet has the animation inverted. When I push left the plane goes left but the animation moves the winglet part to the right (I think it is better explained with a pic):
b0JLDx0.png

Also, it seems to me that when the winglet is moved, is bigger that it should be (anyway, can me because of the vision angle or whatever).

Haha, i thought my brain was playing tricks on me!

Yeah i have same problem with control surface having inverted animation.

This is the error Im getting when selecting the hercules gear:

QFPlihs.png

Funny thing is the animation for wheel deployment is played first time the part is selected but after that, the wheels refuse to deploy in the hangar or when launching

32 minutes ago, lttito said:

This is the error Im getting when selecting the hercules gear:

Funny thing is the animation for wheel deployment is played first time the part is selected but after that, the wheels refuse to deploy in the hangar or when launching

There was an earlier post that stated that the animation was being a rotten PITA. They don't deploy and mirror. I wouldn't use them until the issues are repaired IF they are going to be repaired. That's up to the author (and from what the author says jumping off a cliff was preferable).

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

There was an earlier post that stated that the animation was being a rotten PITA. They don't deploy and mirror. I wouldn't use them until the issues are repaired IF they are going to be repaired. That's up to the author (and from what the author says jumping off a cliff was preferable).

Uh, didnt saw the post sorry. Thanks for the info...

@lttito As he said, I don't plan on doing anything with that gear. Just accidentally packed with the release, and I won't remove it just to make people redownload it so it's gonna stay there for now until I release again.

The fin you're talking about is kinda confusing. I'm gonna have to take a look. The first time I tested it, it was reversed so I did something to reverse it. Then I tested it repeatedly, and it's fine. Now on release, it's reversed. Unity transforms are difficult sometimes...

Why don't we ask @Shadowmage to fix the Hercules landing gear? He knows lots about wheels in KSP, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows his Kerbal Foundries mod.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

39 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Why don't we ask @Shadowmage to fix the Hercules landing gear? He knows lots about wheels in KSP, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows his Kerbal Foundries mod.

I agree with this. Or at the very least, ask him to have a look. I would love some specific Hercules gear. (And if it gets working you can use that example and make 14 wheeled Galaxy gear. :wink: )

3 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Thanks for the ping :)

Sadly, @blackheart612 has stated that Airplane Plus is a 'single dependency' mod; as such, he has ruled out using/using/distributing KSPWheel as far as I know. 

As the stock wheel implementation/system does not support multiple wheel colliders within a single part... I don't see any good options for implementation of really large landing gear (split them up so each wheel is its own part?).

Now if anyone else (or even @blackheart612) is interested in creating landing gear like that, I'm more than willing to offer assistance on how to get it all setup (modeling/transforms) and working in-game (configs) using KSPWheel.

... and now back to your regularly scheduled Airplane Plus thread....

Please buff the Tornado engine (Bf-109)

It's WAY too underpowered. My spitfire has a top speed of 146 m/s, but my Bf-109 is literaly 60-80 m/s (I didn't actually measure the top speed of the Bf-109, but this is accurate)

Hello again :)

I haven't found anything though I will dig a bit deeper, but is there any way to make a rotor mirrored, basically spin in the other direction while still generating same direction lift?

Trying to stack hippos into a dual rotor on a thingy I made

yXftVNV.jpg

Also, I can confirm that MechJeb2 mostly works with this regarding keeping it stable, especially the KillRot and HVel + modes, though the HVel+ tends to stabilize in flying in small circles if left hovering in place for a while

Also, for some reason the RPM won't show up in the cockpits from AP+ though it shows up in all other compatible cockpits

Q0hlK3a.jpg

@blackheart612 Just noticed that Mk1 Inline Stabilizer has supposely incorrect weight?

It weights nearly 1t with its 0.95t, were the more powerful, stock, same-size, but not-passable advanced inline stabilizer weights only 0.1t!
This totally jeopardizes its use for anything that comes down from orbit, as stabilizers need to be on outer side away from center of mass.

Quick patch! Give it some_name.cfg and drop into gamedata. Hope this is fixed upstream!

// fix weight of mk1 inline sas to match stock

@PART[mk1SasModule]
{
	@mass=0.095
}

@Shadowmage Yep, I'd have to make a new pack dedicated to it though. :P The gear is never going to be developed in stock only. Let's see what happens to that gear.

@Murican_Jeb I thought we agreed that you can't replicate things in KSP? Look or performance is there for the choosing. Also, the Griffon Spitfire is much more powerful than the BF-109.

@SaelbenNoa It was a request a while back, but it will break FSEngineblades. I reverted the Gemini from doing that.

@Matenplays Well, if you could detail it more, it would be helpful. What are the missing parts?

@Kerbal101 Checked and I indeed missed the 0 after the point. This is also the reason why I'm bad at percentages...

11 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Murican_Jeb I thought we agreed that you can't replicate things in KSP? Look or performance is there for the choosing. Also, the Griffon Spitfire is much more powerful than the BF-109.

Yeah, but if my plane is going to go at 60 to 80 m/s cruise speed, thats slower than most, if not, all of my fighters.

Also, when I took off with my spitfire I right clicked on the engine and the thrust dropped to 16.3kn, yet it can still go at 146 m/s at crusie speed

Sorry If I'm getting on your nerves.

Edited by Murican_Jeb