[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

On 8/14/2017 at 9:59 AM, Murican_Jeb said:

Yeah, but if my plane is going to go at 60 to 80 m/s cruise speed, thats slower than most, if not, all of my fighters.

Also, when I took off with my spitfire I right clicked on the engine and the thrust dropped to 16.3kn, yet it can still go at 146 m/s at crusie speed

Sorry If I'm getting on your nerves.

adding to this post, the Bf-109 engines thrust is ALSO around 16kn, yet it is still slow.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:16 PM, blackheart612 said:

@Murican_Jeb I thought we agreed that you can't replicate things in KSP?

Well maybe I want an actual flying aircraft that can actually go fast and catch up to other planes :P Also, alot of other people replicate things, and they get the look and peformance very close to realistic.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

23 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Well maybe I want an actual flying aircraft that can actually go fast and catch up to other planes :P Also, alot of other people replicate things, and they get the look and peformance very close to realistic.

I am not sure why you don't just balance them yourself. If you feel the engine is underpowered, just make it more powerful by all means. You even have an engine you think closely resembles what you want. Just model the stats after it. You can even turn this into a MM patch that you then share with all of us.

It would be a hell of a lot more productive than arguing with blackheart612 over something they clearly think differently about.

18 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

I am not sure why you don't just balance them yourself. If you feel the engine is underpowered, just make it more powerful by all means. You even have an engine you think closely resembles what you want. Just model the stats after it. You can even turn this into a MM patch that you then share with all of us.

It would be a hell of a lot more productive than arguing with blackheart612 over something they clearly think differently about.

Yes, but just ajusting the stationary thrust isn't gonna make it powerful. You have to also do things like atmosphere curves and stuff, and I don't have the tools for that.

Note that the cyclone engine has a stationary thrust of 54kn, yet it is still not that powerful in flight.

20 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Well, other people want the same thing I do. Everyone has a different opininion, so I'm not the only one that wants this engine buffed :P

Edited by Murican_Jeb

I love this pack:

7W3kwlR.png

Any chance you could do some refuelling probes and drogues that double as docking ports? Y'know, just for looks? :wink: Perhaps some could be static (straight and standoff) and some could be retractable (Straight ahead like a helicopter, bolt-on like the Tornado or the Harrier II, and flush, like the F-4, F-14, or F-18)?

1 hour ago, MaverickSawyer said:

I love this pack:

7W3kwlR.png

Any chance you could do some refuelling probes and drogues that double as docking ports? Y'know, just for looks? :wink: Perhaps some could be static (straight and standoff) and some could be retractable (Straight ahead like a helicopter, bolt-on like the Tornado or the Harrier II, and flush, like the F-4, F-14, or F-18)?

What about using the ports from the Picoports mod?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155020-130-picoport-the-micro-docking-ports-v013/

okay, so im back, reporting several bugs i encountered solely with AP+,
-many engines in the newest version have glitchy Z-fighting textures: the kitty engine, and especially the whirlwind engine, which had these wierd fins on it with stange Z-fighting issues
-for some reason whenever i place the hercules landing gear it only faces left when mirrored?
-whenever i loaded a plane onto the runway it would fly backwards- without me even touching anything
-none of the engine have sound effects, and they are no longer animated, plus the blur is there even when the engines are off
all in all, i have no idea what is going on, but i know i HAVE installed it correctly...
and then ive been trying to use it with other mods to the same problem as before...

Edited by stuChris
"bugs" has an "s", doesnt it?

15 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

Do you know if there is actually any aero dynamical advantage of encasing the rotors in some kind of fuselage or is it just for looks?

Ducted fan is a bit more efficient, because it reduces losses in thrust from the tips of the propeller. And it is safer, of course, and looks cool :wink:

Edited by Shnyrik

Hi, @blackheart612, Some big rover that just-fit for MK3 cargo bay only can drive out from MK3 cargo cockpit, can't drive in to the cargo bay again.

Because the cockpit ramp not like the stock rear ramp have the curve section on both side, those wide rover will block by these section

MdE5PtW.png

Could you remodel the cockpit ramp to make those rover can drive in and out?

Also, I suggest the cockpit ramp start at deeper position, to increase the ground clearance inside the cockpit and reduce the slope. 

When I put a Feline Utility Rovers inside, I need rocket power to push the rover out, I just need a little more ground clearance....

14 hours ago, stuChris said:

okay, so im back, reporting several bugs i encountered solely with AP+,
-many engines in the newest version have glitchy Z-fighting textures: the kitty engine, and especially the whirlwind engine, which had these wierd fins on it with stange Z-fighting issues
-for some reason whenever i place the hercules landing gear it only faces left when mirrored?
-whenever i loaded a plane onto the runway it would fly backwards- without me even touching anything
-none of the engine have sound effects, and they are no longer animated, plus the blur is there even when the engines are off
all in all, i have no idea what is going on, but i know i HAVE installed it correctly...
and then ive been trying to use it with other mods to the same problem as before...

All these issues are from a broken firespiter dll. Try deleting it and reinstalling it. Make sure you don't do anything that could interrupt the installation.

@Murican_Jeb I've tested it now for some actual data (and I wasn't angry :mad:) and with the same craft, at exactly same altitude of 320m, the Kraken is struggling to get to 170m/s. On the other hand, the Tornado easily surpasses almost easily surpasses 180m/s. Of course that might be different on different altitudes but I haven't tested those. You probably need to have a lighter aircraft or in an altitude where the engine setups best suits.

@stuChris Sounds like a faulty firespitter install. Also, a page back and the page before that, it's discussed that herculesgear is not supposed to be on official release. Please check at least a page back, guys :(

@royying The ramp being that high is just a bonus. In reality, the landing gears lower the front so that the ramp is level to the ground. If you want to make them fit, you can retract your landing gear (which I do) and set the door clamp to 50% deployment, it should be level to that thing and goes straight up from the ground.

@MaverickSawyer Interesting but I have no idea about those ingame mechanics (yet). And since the idea already exists, I'd hate to make a copy. I still can, but it won't be a priority. 

@qromodynmc Is there such a thing in real life? Or is this just fantasy? Caught in a...

8 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

You probably need to have a lighter aircraft or in an altitude where the engine setups best suits.

Yeah, I just realized that was the problem. Sorry for bugging you earlier, its just that since ksp is a rocket game, its going to have heavy parts, and since the game has heavy parts, it means you need powerful firespitter engines to fly them :/

However, I think @Citizen247 once said about using b9 partswitch to make parts have different materials that would change the weight and also would change how many G forces it would take. I messaged him about that, no response yet though.

14 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc Is there such a thing in real life? Or is this just fantasy? Caught in a...

:)) they are real as nuclear engines.

x-49-image07.jpg

While helicopter in picture isnt real, Ducted engines arent fantasy and used irl fair amount of times

airbusefan.jpg?w=900

this one is especially important because it uses electric.

Edited by qromodynmc

On 8/17/2017 at 0:24 AM, blackheart612 said:

@stuChris Sounds like a faulty firespitter install. Also, a page back and the page before that, it's discussed that herculesgear is not supposed to be on official release. Please check at least a page back, guys :(

ah, sorry about that, i skip a lot of stuff sometimes, and also it seems i didnt drag firespitter in, it is a fault on my part.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

I love this pack:

7W3kwlR.png

AARS adds USAF and USN refueling systems. 

So, I ran into a couple issues with an anti-sub helicopter I made using the coaxial prop.  First one was that it wouldn't fly despite being under 10 tons.  So when I ramped up the power a bit, it suddenly wanted to only do backflips and frontflips once it got airborne.  Not sure if that's an issue with the coaxial prop itself or if I'm just being an idiot (I even centered the thrust around the center of mass).

I'm willing to provide the craft file, if that helps out.

Edited by MD5Ray01

@SaelbenNoa Not sure how the cockpits are supported by the RPM patch as I don't use it, but is it supposed to be different to that in the configs?

@qromodynmc Yep, but is there a tilt rotor/vertically oriented one?

@MD5Ray01 It depends, if the craft is really light and it suddenly goes vertical really fast, it tends to flip (even with normal jet VTOLs, unless with massive SAS). If you are ascending slowly and it still does it, then it must be another factor.

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc Yep, but is there a tilt rotor/vertically oriented one?

I dont think i've seen any other than few design prototypes or 3d drawings.

Honestly the reason i want them is not military oriented, i just want to have one good electric motor design i could use on small private planes, drones etc. it doesnt even have to be tilt rotor, that's why infernal robotic exist.