[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

On 28.09.2017 at 6:59 AM, stuChris said:

Could i suggest a variant of the Mk1 cargo bay with bomb-bay style doors? and also (if i havent suggested it before, i dont remember) a B-29 style cockpit would be absolutely lovely.

i did my own tweakscale config for existing bombbay part, i recommend you to do same.

I also want to suggest something, i had this idea in my head for a while, decided to show it on paint :P

AyqjYv.jpg

(light gray part is any fuel tank or structural part, blue and dark gray part is cockpit model i suggest)

This is supposed to be radially attachable cockpit, simply you should be able to attach it to anywhere. I wanted to have this because it'd make doing replicas a lot easier in theory. Im not sure about how idea would turn up in game honestly :D

I'd like to hear your and other people's  opinion on possibility of this part .

On 9/29/2017 at 2:14 PM, qromodynmc said:

I also want to suggest something, i had this idea in my head for a while, decided to show it on paint :P

AyqjYv.jpg

(light gray part is any fuel tank or structural part, blue and dark gray part is cockpit model i suggest)

This is supposed to be radially attachable cockpit, simply you should be able to attach it to anywhere. I wanted to have this because it'd make doing replicas a lot easier in theory. Im not sure about how idea would turn up in game honestly :D

Actually, Retrofuture has a couple of these, "Anywhere Cockpit" and "Anywhere Cockpit Mk2".

Not sure how well it's working in 1.3 (there's a 1.1.3/1.2 release) but might be a good starting point for what you want to do.

23 hours ago, Foozle said:

Actually, Retrofuture has a couple of these, "Anywhere Cockpit" and "Anywhere Cockpit Mk2".

Not sure how well it's working in 1.3 (there's a 1.1.3/1.2 release) but might be a good starting point for what you want to do.

well, thier "anywhere" cockpits do seem a little large

@Bogyrect Have you checked if you have a broken download?

@stuChris I'll investigate the B-29. Let's see if parts make it to the patch after this coming one.

@qromodynmc I thought the cylinder below it would show up in the IVA, so far it doesn't. I am interested, so might do it as soon as I can as well.

Anyway, we're getting there. I'm going away for a month after Oct. 5 so I want to release something before that. Here's the cockpit, finished, unless I find anything weird and have to check the textures for improvement.

MLBXsk4.png?1cG9CiGk.png?1

Of course, it's not only gonna be one part. I've been working to death for 3 more parts, everything's almost ready for release. Going to have some polishing to do in under 24 hrs hopefully.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:26 AM, stuChris said:

tweakscale seems to mess up my game sometimes, and its unreliable quite a lot, so i try not to use it

I have never read this from anyone before...

Sure, Tweakscale can cause a little weirdness with certain parts, like wheels, but it is one mod I couldn't play without.

I would like to know what problems it causes you, or how it is unreliable, maybe we can help you.

I hate the fact that you are missing out on one of the most useful mods out there.

6 minutes ago, stuChris said:

i just prefer not to use it

Ok, cool, that's completely understandable :)

Many mod parts do not have a counter-part .cfg file created in Tweakscale. This .cfg file MUST be created to enable scaling of the part.

I think all parts can be scaled if the .cfg file is created, but some parts like docking ports will not work correctly if scaled. (I think)

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Of course, it's not only gonna be one part. I've been working to death for 3 more parts, everything's almost ready for release. Going to have some polishing to do in under 24 hrs hopefully.

we need you alive man, dont work that hard.

Release 18.0

So here come the update before I'm going off in one month on October 5. Hopefully I could still check the forums but just to be sure, I'm uploading today so I can answer any post release question. So anyway, a number of people seemed interested with my failed attempt with the "herculesgear" so instead of giving up, I tried to study stock landing gears one more time. It worked, to my surprise, after some more trial and error. So the consequence is just that working in very limited time ( @qromodynmc ) and it was well worth it. I also wanted to have something released before the month's hiatus. I know it's a few small parts and a cockpit but those landing gears took a lot of time to make work. And they aren't perfect, there, stock module landing gears, working relatively properly. You might see some wonkiness and there are decisions I made to make them look right and not have buggy functions and stuff like that so always keep that in mind. Changelog, also available in the OP:

Added Mk2/Object 1.44 Non-Commercial Cockpit based on MiG 1.44

Added KS-130 Low Landing Gear based on C-130 Front Landing Gear

Added KS-130-S2 Low Landing Gear based on C-130 Rear Landing Gear

Added KS-29 Tall Landing Gear based on MiG-29 Front Landing Gear

-

Added nodes to some Mk2/H parts making it possible to make Mk2 with two Mk2/H

Added cockpit light to Mk3 Cargo Cockpit

-

Fixed issue where Delta-Advanced Winglet control surfaces moved in reverse visually

Further improvements in sound for some helicopter rotors

Synchronized rotary engine spin with propellers when shutting down 9J "Baron" Rotary Engine

--

Click on the pic below and see it in HD (it has beautiful front gears!)

DnhXRce.jpgind8lsV.png?1

--

Also, thank you for people who offer alternatives when others want something. I do want to make more parts but I never made AirplanePlus with having only it as my only mod in mind. So I try my best to have low poly, low textures without compromising the quality to have as low impact in performance as possible. Not sure if it's making a difference, but hopefully it does, allowing people to squeeze in a few more mods even with this installed. It's also another reason why I don't want similar looking cockpits. Anyway, enjoy while I go on a month's hiatus starting in a few days due to real life.

Edit: @TMasterson5

Edited by blackheart612

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 18.0

So here come the update before I'm going off in one month on October 5. Hopefully I could still check the forums but just to be sure, I'm uploading today so I can answer any post release question. So anyway, a number of people seemed interested with my failed attempt with the "herculesgear" so instead of giving up, I tried to study stock landing gears one more time. It worked, to my surprise, after some more trial and error. So the consequence is just that working in very limited time ( @qromodynmc ) and it was well worth it. I also wanted to have something released before the month's hiatus. I know it's a few small parts and a cockpit but those landing gears took a lot of time to make work. And they aren't perfect, there, stock module landing gears, working relatively properly. You might see some wonkiness and there are decisions I made to make them look right and not have buggy functions and stuff like that so always keep that in mind. Changelog, also available in the OP:

-

-

Fixed issue where Delta-Advanced Winglet control surfaces moved in reverse visually

Synchronized rotary engine spin with propellers when shutting down 9J "Baron" Rotary Engine

--

DnhXRce.jpgind8lsV.png?1

--

Also, thank you for people who offer alternatives when others want something. I do want to make more parts but I never made AirplanePlus with having only it as my only mod in mind. So I try my best to have low poly, low textures without compromising the quality to have as low impact in performance as possible. Not sure if it's making a difference, but hopefully it does, allowing people to squeeze in a few more mods even with this installed. It's also another reason why I don't want similar looking cockpits. Anyway, enjoy while I go on a month's hiatus starting in a few days due to real life.

Ooh, I cant wait to try the new landing gear.

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 18.0

-

-

--

DnhXRce.jpgind8lsV.png?1

--

Thank you very much for this new release, and specially for the cargo gears.

Trully awesome!

On 29. 9. 2017 at 8:14 PM, qromodynmc said:

AyqjYv.jpg

Hi. Try the SM_Stryker Stryker's Aerospace and Armory. Kottabos reviewed it in february this year. It had 3 radially attached cockpits back at the time. I'm not sure however, how will these cockpits fit your replica needs. It also adds several cockpits with an attachment point for a backspine should you want to make a MiG - 21 replica and so on.

@blackheart612 A few months back you said you're planning to work on a two seat tandem helicopter cockpit in the future. I was curious whether there are some news about that. So far the only mod with such a cockpit would be Firespitter, however it looks too much like an Apache, it has no IVA and honestly i find it just plain ugly.

5 hours ago, Salvator said:

Hi. Try the SM_Stryker Stryker's Aerospace and Armory. Kottabos reviewed it in february this year. It had 3 radially attached cockpits back at the time. I'm not sure however, how will these cockpits fit your replica needs. It also adds several cockpits with an attachment point for a backspine should you want to make a MiG - 21 replica and so on.

The stryker mod is indeed excellent. I think in its current state it has to be installed with some care, as it is updated to 1.2 (so far) and for me it causes an "mono.dll violation" if I just go ahead and install it from ckan. But it works, you just have to do it manually after cheking out in the forum if there is any 'twist'. 

@blackheart612 thanks for the care you have put into this mod, it is excellent. The newest update did got it right! The new parts were more or less unusable in the previous update. 

21 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

The new parts were more or less unusable in the previous update. 

It's because they aren't supposed to be added. In fact, I already have given up on developing it before the last release, so it's not intended to work properly, as I left it. I just picked it up again as a lot of people seemed interested.

@Salvator I planned for an Mk3 Helicopter cockpit, but looking at the Size 2 Cockpit, it looks ridiculous. I think that the amount of glass in such a huge bulkhead looks really bad in terms of IVA design, but we shall see. Something like an apache though, I'm not sure yet.

11 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

It's because they aren't supposed to be added. In fact, I already have given up on developing it before the last release, so it's not intended to work properly, as I left it. I just picked it up again as a lot of people seemed interested.

@Salvator I planned for an Mk3 Helicopter cockpit, but looking at the Size 2 Cockpit, it looks ridiculous. I think that the amount of glass in such a huge bulkhead looks really bad in terms of IVA design, but we shall see. Something like an apache though, I'm not sure yet.

@blackheart612 If you do a mk3 style helo cockpit you could always go with an Mi-26.

Yeah, honestly, I think a Mk3 helicopter cockpit would be a bit ridiculous. All I starve for is a nice, Mk1 two seat tandem copter cockpit. Help me, blackheart612, you're my only hope.