[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

1 hour ago, stuChris said:

do i need the full firespitter or just one of those versions that many mods need to load? also, ah... i dont know where to find my log, i havent needed it before...

ok, i actually tried to post the output log because i found it, but it was too long to post, even in a spoiler...

You need the core and the resources config. Download https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/tag/v7.6.0 and feel free to delete all folders except for "Plugins" and "Resources". Also, never post a full log into the forum, it breaks it. Instead, upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive or some other file sharing site and post a link to it.

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

You need the core and the resources config. Download https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases/tag/v7.6.0 and feel free to delete all folders except for "Plugins" and "Resources". Also, never post a full log into the forum, it breaks it. Instead, upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive or some other file sharing site and post a link to it.

oh okay, i will try that, and ill see if i can find some way to share the log

oh, any non-updated mod? man thats not usually the case, dang xD ill have to wait for them to update, i guess, hopefully shouldn't take too long

I recently had the same issue; if you own a copy of KSP through steam, make sure that you have the right version. You may have to opt in or out of beta updates for KSP, I can't remember which it was. Long story short, it's not so much that all mods must be up to date (although that helps greatly), just make sure that your game is definitely 1.3 if you are using any 1.3 mods at all - this can be checked in the readme amongst the game files.

Just now, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

I recently had the same issue; if you own a copy of KSP through steam, make sure that you have the right version. You may have to opt in or out of beta updates for KSP, I can't remember which it was. Long story short, it's not so much that all mods must be up to date (although that helps greatly), just make sure that your game is definitely 1.3 if you are using any 1.3 mods at all - this can be checked in the readme amongst the game files.

i definetly made sure, i was updating everything from 1.2.2 to 1.3 in the first place

Thanks for people who answered the issues I couldn't, I was on hiatus for a bit there, big part was playing other games. Though I'm working towards getting a professional license in real life as well (am still working the requirements out and studying for exam). But I may be back again and working towards IVA as well us looking to fix issues on rotors as well. Since I have small hands-on time, I started with an existent IVA.

MIrk8E6.png

I removed the ugly HUD I made, for people who want to use an actual useful HUD (RPM). It's the only cockpit with it. I also added platforms for buttons so grouping them makes it look neater. As well as removed the navball to make it dedicated for atmosphere. Let me know what you think.

xcuc6jq.png

On helicopter's side of the mod, I've changed the look of the Gemini Turboshaft

T5Gxheh.png

It's thinner now and 1.5x longer. Looks thinner and now fits society's standards of sexy. :P 

On performance, tested on hover or max collective, rotors have been improved and their take off weight has greatly increased.

"Hippo" Turboshaft Engine (Mi-8) now can carry ~13.5t under it
"Gemini" Turboshaft Engine (Chinook) now can carry ~30t under it @ tandem configuration.

"Hawk" Turboshaft Engine (Black Hawk) has increase in power, capable of higher RPMs at max collective.

These are still subject to change. I'm thinking of making all of them powerful enough to hit Max RPM even with max collective. Not sure yet but seems like a great idea, so that the span and surface area of the blades are the deciding factors for lift.
So far, I've also fixed the problem that the control rotors didn't generate thrust. Pretty weird that everybody, including me, just figured it out now. It was like that from the beginning based on my analysis.

@TedwinKnockman66 Your request for the Mi-26 seems possible, but not in the near future, I have another rotor that could possibly go with it once I get to it, but not gonna be my immediate focus.

I know you arleady added a bunch of intakes, but maybe something triangle shaped? Could be attachable Mk1, or an inline version.. or both? :P
16_f-101b-voodoo-inflight-jpg.34184

Edited by Vladokapuh

2 hours ago, Vladokapuh said:

I know you arleady added a bunch of intakes, but maybe something triangle shaped? Could be attachable Mk1, or an inline version.. or both? :P
16_f-101b-voodoo-inflight-jpg.34184

RetroFuture has intakes that are kind of similar to those:

wBurgMj.png

Hey guys, I'm quite sure that it's something on my part, but I cant manage to take off with the Vortex engine at all, and I was wondering whether you guys could help me out. 

I do admit that I have quite a number of mods installed:

Spoiler

[x] Science!

Airplane Plus

All Y'All

Alternate Resource Panel

Antenna Sleep

Audio Muffler Redux

Aviation Lights

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings

B9 Animation Modules

Better Burn Time

Better Time Warp Cont.

Blackheart's Procedural Parts Textures :P

Blast Awesomeness Modifier

Chatterer + Ext.

Community Tech Tree

CraftHistory

Dated Quicksaves

DMagic Orbital Sci

Docking Port Alignment

EVA Enhancements Cont.

EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats

Final Frontier

Firespitter Core

Firespitter Resources Config

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages Cont.

Freedom Texs

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Impact!

Kerbal Engineer Redux

KSP AVC

MagiCore

Module Manager

ProceduralParts

MainSailor's Proc. Tex (Essentials)

RecoveryController

Science Relay

ShipSections Cont.

StageRecovery

Take Command Cont.

Texture Replacer

Trajectories

SETI Unmanned Before Manned

But I believe they don't interfere with any of Airplane Plus' resources.

Maybe it's the design of the plane? I tried to base it off of the P51 as much as possible. Granted, I don't know much about aircraft design other than the basics. 

The plane is composed of 2 procedural wings, 4 procedural control surfaces, 3 procedural fuel tanks, and 3 delta deluxe winglets. Maybe its the procedural wings that aren't generating any lift?

Here's an album of the plane:

Any ideas?

Edited by Saran The Rapper
URL error.

1 hour ago, Saran The Rapper said:

Hey guys, I'm quite sure that it's something on my part, but I cant manage to take off with the Vortex engine at all, and I was wondering whether you guys could help me out. 

I do admit that I have quite a number of mods installed:

Reveal hidden contents

[x] Science!

Airplane Plus

All Y'All

Alternate Resource Panel

Antenna Sleep

Audio Muffler Redux

Aviation Lights

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings

B9 Animation Modules

Better Burn Time

Better Time Warp Cont.

Blackheart's Procedural Parts Textures :P

Blast Awesomeness Modifier

Chatterer + Ext.

Community Tech Tree

CraftHistory

Dated Quicksaves

DMagic Orbital Sci

Docking Port Alignment

EVA Enhancements Cont.

EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats

Final Frontier

Firespitter Core

Firespitter Resources Config

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages Cont.

Freedom Texs

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Impact!

Kerbal Engineer Redux

KSP AVC

MagiCore

Module Manager

ProceduralParts

MainSailor's Proc. Tex (Essentials)

RecoveryController

Science Relay

ShipSections Cont.

StageRecovery

Take Command Cont.

Texture Replacer

Trajectories

SETI Unmanned Before Manned

But I believe they don't interfere with any of Airplane Plus' resources.

Maybe it's the design of the plane? I tried to base it off of the P51 as much as possible. Granted, I don't know much about aircraft design other than the basics. 

The plane is composed of 2 procedural wings, 4 procedural control surfaces, 3 procedural fuel tanks, and 3 delta deluxe winglets. Maybe its the procedural wings that aren't generating any lift?

Here's an album of the plane:

Any ideas?

...What version of KSP are you on

Man, I love this mod. Wv2gPtI.jpg

Any chance you could add sideways versions of the structural wing d, it has something that has bugged me for a while in not being there. Should be in stock really. The structural wing A has a sideways version B, and the same with some of the wing connectors too

Edited by Skylon