[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

5 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

@neistridlar Thanks for the help! I've been trying to get this mod to work for almost three months.  So glad to finally have it fully installed.

One problem:  all of the mod landing gear bounce really high upon spawning on the runway.  I have played with the spring and damper settings, but have gotten nowhere.  Any more advice?

try world stabilizer mod, it slows down spawning sequence so things dont crash like they used to do.

KSP 1.4 wasn't the friendliest to stock module usage for mods... Some parts of it are still a mystery.

@Trevisan Was it really generating electricity before? Last time I saw it not generate electricity was when I first released my Grounded mod. If it did then perhaps it's a good idea to report this issue to FS.

As for suggestions, there's an overwhelmingly large amount right now, don't be surprised if not all make it in the game. Plus I want some parts in too. :P I'm making something else right now for a quicker patch, just a small number of parts.

10 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Trevisan Was it really generating electricity before? Last time I saw it not generate electricity was when I first released my Grounded mod. If it did then perhaps it's a good idea to report this issue to FS.

Last time I used your mod was back in early 2017. I remember building some long-range transport choppers to use in Kerbinside passenger and rescue missions. Tried to replicate an old design from that time and just found out they run out of EC before leaving KSC's proximity

Here are two examples of rescue/passenger choppers I used to use. Both were built in KSP 1.2.2:

f4bU83h.png

i2d6F7U.png

Again, thanks for the help and for those wonderful mods!

Edit: I've been away from KSP for quite sometime, only got back in 1.4.X. So I was not aware of your grounded until recently, when I checked to see if this mod had any updates.

Edited by Trevisan

On 6/9/2018 at 7:41 PM, wile1411 said:

There's a few errors that appear during game load, but these don't seem to effect gameplay at all. Let me know if you'd like specifics.

Hi @blackheart612 really love this mod and it's become essential in my install. Really a great mod!

I wanted to echo what Wile1411 said and also confirm I'm seeing some of these kinds of log errors. In my current install of 1.4.5 (as of last night 8/2/18), I'm using Airplane Plus and have a number of textures that the log says can't be found:

[ERR 01:45:48.353] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.372] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/placeholder' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.372] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/airbuscockpittex' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.425] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/fighterinlinecockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.473] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/oh6cockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.480] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/oldfightercockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.503] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/x1cockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.948] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powerprop/default' not found!
[ERR 01:45:48.968] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!

There's probably a few more, but those were the first instances of those in my KSP.log file. You may be aware of these, but I thought I'd point them out if not.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by scottadges

@Trevisan I'm certain now that FSAlternator broke in the earlier versions and probably not yet fixed. It's a firespitter issue as I use FSAlternator. I assumed that it will work with the FSEngineBladed but I will see if stock alternator works with it, I'm assuming not of course but hopefully it does.

@scottadges Most of those are intentional deleting due to them not being needed but I exported them while referenced by the model. They're not game breaking but I intend to fix them when there's not much going on.

Anyway, just a few parts as I said, here's a preview. I'm not even sure if 1.4.5 is out or when it will be out, I'm just making this so I can port to 1.4.5 as soon as I can with new parts...

DBSMbCX.png

It's Mk3S1 sized but I'm not sure if I could fit 2 kerbals in there. I'll try my best to, I know I can. That's the Mk3S1 tail for comparison.

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Trevisan I'm certain now that FSAlternator broke in the earlier versions and probably not yet fixed. It's a firespitter issue as I use FSAlternator. I assumed that it will work with the FSEngineBladed but I will see if stock alternator works with it, I'm assuming not of course but hopefully it does.

@scottadges Most of those are intentional deleting due to them not being needed but I exported them while referenced by the model. They're not game breaking but I intend to fix them when there's not much going on.

Anyway, just a few parts as I said, here's a preview. I'm not even sure if 1.4.5 is out or when it will be out, I'm just making this so I can port to 1.4.5 as soon as I can with new parts...

DBSMbCX.png

It's Mk3S1 sized but I'm not sure if I could fit 2 kerbals in there. I'll try my best to, I know I can. That's the Mk3S1 tail for comparison.

What's this based on? I mean no offense but it looks bit harsh, though i totally support this type of cockpit in AP+,  I've been feeling the need of these when building basic seaplanes, bushplanes or cessnas. Maybe you just need bit smoothing and little details. I can recommend this sexy boi for inspiration;

sherpa-slide-4-960x400_c.jpg

(sherpa turbine)

As for my own request I've been in need of parts like these i drew;

Untitled.png

I think wing parts or fuel tanks (or both) would be extremely useful for builders like me. (would have been when i was building my xp-67 lookalike)

unknown.png

Anyway, it's all this for today, good luck & have fun, thanks again for the amazing parts you brought to this community.

Hi @blackheart612!  I don't know if this is the right place for bug reports to you, but I hope so.  I'm having a perplexing issue with crew transfers.

Check out this little crew shuttle I made:  Base crew shuttle Mk II.craft

I'd pare the sample down to remove dependency on other mods, but tiny changes to the vessel have effects that ruin what I'm trying to show.  Mods needed for parts:

Additionally, TweakScale has been used on several of the parts.  Dunno if not having it installed will muck it up.

First thing to try is to launch the vessel as-is, with one Kerbal aboard.  Then try transferring him from one of the Size 2 Crew Cabins to another a few times.  Problem:  all such attempts will try to put him in one particular cabin, regardless of which one you clicked.

Next thing to try is removing the illuminator part and relaunch as before.  Now all transfers work as intended with no problem.  (???)  This also works with some of the other parts.

Next thing to try is putting the illuminator back, but attached to some different part from before.  Some placements will give the original problem; some will make it work fine; still others will make some cabins work fine and others redirect.

Lots of tiny changes will have unpredictable effects like this, and I'm a bit at a loss as to what's going on here…

8 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I intend to fix them when there's not much going on.

Thanks, that would be great. I see them now everytime the game is loading (since I turned on debugging messages on screen) so I'm much more aware of them. :wink:

4 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

I'm not even sure if 1.4.5 is out or when it will be out

KSP 1.4.5 is indeed out now. I've just upgraded from my 1.4.3 game and it feels basically the same, although I guess some bug fixes? Anyway, it seems pretty stable.

I just did some testing using the stock alternator after re downloading FS (my install was missing the FS core) and its working now. At least on one engine, will report back after I tested all the rotorwings!

Edited by Trevisan

On 6/30/2018 at 1:31 PM, qromodynmc said:

Aha! another Super Constellation fan :)

I made this one with mostly airplane plus mod, excluding cockpit. Super Constellation has very spesific fuselage design, which would be hard to make anything else with it, but cockpit is nice for 1940-70 era designs.

dF7Z7hI.jpg

@qromodynmc Can I please the craft file for that?

@qromodynmc @neistridlar Alright, how's this look?

qTczuZw.png

@Vaga It's actually based on the Cessna 152 (most of it) and Best off Skyranger (tail). So the plan is to make this available early in career. It should match with the stock landing gears

N46212-940x350-940x350.jpg

@[email protected] There are sample crafts in the OP. Click on the images, it will take you to its respective craft files.

6 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc @neistridlar Alright, how's this look?

HxAHExD.png

I dont know what others would think but i'd suggest something like this, since it'll be an early cockpit, it's better to have more panels on windows.

11 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@qromodynmc Can I please the craft file for that?

I'd love to but sadly my ksp turned into very special build with my own configs, textures etc, without my mod folder, nothing will look or work same.

@JPmAn Now there's the reason why we can't get past Size 2 bulkheads :P Not that I'm not to blame. Hehe.

Time for IVA making and configs too. As well as sounds. I'm semi happy with this quick work.

l3VKFmR.png

@FlyHighAviator If you knew how much @qromodynmc has been pressing me to do that :P But I did say I already have an idea for implementation. But not a tail boom. It's something else.