[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

It may just be my game, but all of these engines either don't play much noise, or are the same volume no matter how far away you are.

Also can I recommend buffing the Daimler Benz, and nerfing the Bumblebee and Cyclone.

On the upside I love the models!

50 minutes ago, TUKE said:

It may just be my game, but all of these engines either don't play much noise, or are the same volume no matter how far away you are.

Also can I recommend buffing the Daimler Benz, and nerfing the Bumblebee and Cyclone.

On the upside I love the models!

The DB601 ("Tornado") is about on par with the performance of the real thing.

The Bumblebee, on the other hand.... I have a heavy fighter with two of them, and it'll accelerate at 3g off the runway.

Edited by kiwinanday

6 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

The DB601 ("Tornado") is about on par with the performance of the real thing.

The Bumblebee, on the other hand.... I have a heavy fighter with two of them, and it'll accelerate at 3g off the runway.

Keeping in mind though that the part were making planes from in KSP are heavier than what they built a Bf-109 out of.

12 minutes ago, TUKE said:

Keeping in mind though that the part were making planes from in KSP are heavier than what they built a Bf-109 out of.

Not necessarily:
HMW7boh.png

Per Wikipedia, the BF 109G weighed 3.4t fully loaded, and could reach a speed of 640km/h (178m/s, 345kts, 400mph) at 6km alt. I think the Tornado weighs 0.65t, which puts my test airframe (which is of a similar shape to most single-engined piston fighters) at 3.5t with the Tornado. As the above chart shows, I've got 4m/s over the BF 109G.

The Tornado's good :)

If any engine is in dire need of a buff, it's the Kraken (RR Griffon)

Edited by kiwinanday

@blackheart612 F'sure, was just providing some empirical support. I recall that Tanner was getting ready to go back-to-school, so I figured things would slow down. I don't know much about the config side of things—just aircraft design and operation as well as real-world performance—otherwise I'd offer to help adjust the engines to match real-world data.

1 minute ago, blackheart612 said:

@TedwinKnockman66 Which engine sounds do you think needs improvement? All of them are based off the sounds from their real counterparts. The biplane sounds however are kind of hard to come by which I was a little reluctant to do because of that reason.

I think sound of engines is short and lt's little annoying, Try to use sounds from KAX Or Firespitter or somwhere else. They engines sounds very well

The sound of the engines are longer than both KAX and firespitter. You must be talking about either the Whirlwind or the Spud which are two of the slowest iirc. This is also a separate mod and only dependent on firespitter plugin. So I wouldn't be using any sounds from either mod for that reason. And as I said, they are based off the sounds of the real engines as well. All of the engine sounds are the sounds of each individual engines in real life. The difference between those mods and this is there is actually a variety in engine sounds here compared to those. Aside from performance and specific visuals of course.

@Murican_Jeb Couldn't have posted on a better time. I was trying to find another biplane engine to add. (Sopwith Camel I think will be a mesh switch but still thinking of how to implement it as the fuselage looks like a semi-circle). But our electricity provider doesn't seem much of a provider. It's been cut off and on again for about 3 days now. Hours of cut off too! I was able to make do with the time there was electricity though (thank God for laptops).

W61O0bG.png

Still largely unfinished though but it's far from the start now. Still continuing to work but I thought I'd post first before another problem comes up.

Done.

Spoiler

uUhLk2I.png

Si50TeV.png

I'm gonna do some folder sorting after this. Gotta see this for 1.2 as well. Folder sorting will have the engines sorted by era so that people who don't want a specific era can delete the engines in bulk. Then engines for the additional two engines come after that.