[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

18 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

I got the ksp 1.2.2 version (due to some mods not having updated yet) and the sound only being on the right is excruciatingly annoying (and somewhat painful even), is there a workaround to this? It's mentioned in the OP yet i haven't been able to find it...

A work around for me (on 1.2.2 as well) is to switch in and out of Camera Tools Mod (default hkey is 'Home' and 'End'), not sure if there's a modless workaround for it.

Hi @blackheart612. I just downloaded your mod. Workinng flawlessly except for the landing gears (the models are beautifull, great just great). I have a problem: the gear clips trough the floor. Any ideas? Need logs? Other gear like from squad don't clip trough.

Hey, any chance we could see more helicopter parts? Say like a modern 5-bladed rotor like that on the EH-101? Or even folding main rotor blades? 
5838431439_b56ee41efd.jpg?h=QvOanCURZq7d

1525410-large.jpg

I know there was the KRX mod which feature folding rotors, but that mod seems to be dead. 

-

Also, is there a chance we could see a larger and more streamlined 3.75m tail ramp based on the C-17 or KC-390?

640px-thumbnail.jpg

Edited by AirShark
typo

So... I made a Concorde replica to check out the droop snoot cockpit in its natural habitat, and noticed a couple issues in process:

1. Toggling droop snoot summons Kraken. He's fairly lenient in its wrath but definitely there: firstly, any post processing graphical mods that I have (scatterer, EVE) skip a frame exactly three times in roughly one second intervals. Secondly, the IVA spazzes out during transition, teleporting above and rotating backwards, and remains like this until I switch to exterior and back to interior.

2 . The 2m passenger door parts produce ungodly amounts of drag. Not by themselves mind you, they themselves receive proper drag forces. However the game behaves as if they just weren't there, applying end-of-fuselage drag to both parts neigboring it. I measured the aero forces on individual parts and the surounding fuselage sections behave as if they were facing the airstream, not the interior of the door section. Until I removed all 3 door sections replacing them with an additional passenger section and a fuel tank, I couldn't break Mach .9 on reheat. Removing two of them allowed me to barely cross the sound barrier and after removing all I could suddenly do Mach 2.5 on half throttle... If this is caused by the same bug in the stock game that originally caused the 5m fairing to act like a parachute and the interstage fairings to produce more drag than if the sections were unshielded, then it should be reported to Squad, cause it's pretty game breaking. If it isn't, then maybe the drag cubes are actually too small, causing the game to treat those sections like discontinuities in the fuselage.

Edited by m4ti140

4 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

So... I made a Concorde replica to check out the droop snoot cockpit in its natural habitat, and noticed a couple issues in process:

1. Toggling droop snoot summons Kraken. He's fairly lenient in its wrath but definitely there: firstly, any post processing graphical mods that I have (scatterer, EVE) skip a frame exactly three times in roughly one second intervals. Secondly, the IVA spazzes out during transition, teleporting above and rotating backwards, and remains like this until I switch to exterior and back to interior.

2 . The 2m passenger door parts produce ungodly amounts of drag. Not by themselves mind you, they themselves receive proper drag forces. However the game behaves as if they just weren't there, applying end-of-fuselage drag to both parts neigboring it. I measured the aero forces on individual parts and the surounding fuselage sections behave as if they were facing the airstream, not the interior of the door section. Until I removed all 3 door sections replacing them with an additional passenger section and a fuel tank, I couldn't break Mach .9 on reheat. Removing two of them allowed me to barely cross the sound barrier and after removing all I could suddenly do Mach 2.5 on half throttle... If this is caused by the same bug in the stock game that originally caused the 5m fairing to act like a parachute and the interstage fairings to produce more drag than if the sections were unshielded, then it should be reported to Squad, cause it's pretty game breaking. If it isn't, then maybe the drag cubes are actually too small, causing the game to treat those sections like discontinuities in the fuselage.

Number 2 is a drag cube issue. I have already posted fixed drag cubes, just waiting for @blackheart612 to find the time to update the mod. But if you want to you can go a few pages back in this thread and download the fix that I posted.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, MrFancyPL said:

Hello, I found a bug, that every vessel that contains mk1 drone cargo bay door spawns at thousand meters above. That was written in the log :

AGdAZQk.png

sY4OZ2i.png

Confirmed, I see this as well

Im back from the depths of wherever, still busy, where Im working at does not want me to go for a while + real life issues really squeezing me tight, Im playing games to ease up too. Anyway, that doesn't mean I haven't been developing but very slowly. Sorry if I haven't been updating a while. Here's a teaser for the future. Not yet done completely, a lot more to come.

N8nY49K.pngauXZftJ.png

The size is an Mk3S3 but Mk3S1.5, it's a new bulkhead, basically an Mk3 with 1.875m diameter.

oh yeah
how about u downsize the HipCockpit into 1.875? 2.5 seems too big for it
also

On 5/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, blackheart612 said:

Im back from the depths of wherever, still busy, where Im working at does not want me to go for a while + real life issues really squeezing me tight, Im playing games to ease up too. Anyway, that doesn't mean I haven't been developing but very slowly. Sorry if I haven't been updating a while. Here's a teaser for the future. Not yet done completely, a lot more to come.

N8nY49K.pngauXZftJ.png

The size is an Mk3S3 but Mk3S1.5, it's a new bulkhead, basically an Mk3 with 1.875m diameter.

1.875 seems too big for a kerbal huey

sorry for too much suggestions

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

That Huey is looking good. And how I need it. Got one of my ace test pilots stranded about 60 klicks from KSC. Flame-out resulting in a flat-spin she couldn't recover from.  ("Eject Goose! Eject! Eject!")  Could build a rover to go get her, buuuuuuut this ain't Kebal Uber Program, ya know. 

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@NotDavidTenant For good reason. If you could browse back for a few pages, there are reasons there.

@Voidryder Good to know, I do appreciate those words. :) 

@[INDO]dimas_1502 Hmmm, here's a size comparison of prototype helicopter and Hummingbird Mk1

MIv2uDB.pngHLDbPlZ.pngSBtcM6c.png

oh wait i was wrong
now your Hummingbird Mk2 feels too small with that size

17 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

oh wait i was wrong
now your Hummingbird Mk2 feels too small with that size

That's the Mk1 but if you're comparing it to Hummingbird Mk2 anyway, you're still right. Which means there's a possibility of a black hawk cockpit in Mk3S1.5 bulkhead, right? Because Mk1 is too populated. Who knows, helicopters come in all shapes and sizes. At least the little bird is actually gonna be a little bird.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:04 PM, blackheart612 said:

Because Mk1 is too populated.

I think I have a solution. Since most fighter aircraft in the early 20th century had a similar frame to the Mk3 shape, could you add Mk3 size 1 parts and change some of the early and pre-modern Mk1 engines to that size? That might solve the overpopulation of Mk1 parts.

Edited by Titanis Industries
Adds context