[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

It's always compatible with the proper plugin so update your FS. I will update as soon as I can as I am back from the one month hiatus just as I promised. First I'll make a port to 1.3.1 so that it's not such a hassle for people to make work in 1.3.1. Then I'll update properly.

Hey this mod is great! Good work Blackheart! I was just wondering if you could add like a elliptical cylinder shaped fuselage and fuel pieces? Cuz no offense dude who made Firespitter but his oblong fuselages are lacking in realism (The sides are too flat, and it just looks choppy), and his rotors just don't make realistic sense the way that yours do :). Also, make the double radial engine that looks like the one on the F4U a lot less powerful, cuz I'm breaking 250 m/s with that thing; it's not the most realistic at the time being. Last request is to add the p47 engine and more axis engines like the ones on the Junkers and the Dornier Do 17. keep up the great work!

Hi, 

I love this mod way too much but I have a bit of a suggestion. I find the bf 109 engine a bit underpowered, especially in comparison to the Spitfire engine. In history, bf109's were able to outclimb spitfires incredibly easily. In here tho the Spitfire engine is almost (if not) two times as powerful as the 109 one so a 109 is outclimbed and caught up to by Spitfires. Could this be taken into consideration? (if it isn't already)

EDIT: A nerf for the allied engines would probably be good to :wink:

Edited by BlueDragon1504

These are really awesome and all, but... Why do they all have the strength of a Black Cat Firework? I can hardly get anything off the ground with the smaller rotor engines, and its a shame too, because I want to make some old plane models, like the Mitsubishi A6M ZERO, but the rotor "Divine Wind" can hardly move it, and it isn't even that large of a plane. It struggles to stay in the air. I love the models, sounds and all though. Really great work :)

Edited by RadiantShadow

5 hours ago, TheAbsoluteDoge said:

Is there any possibility for a version of this mod in 1.1.3, the reasoning for this is because the cockpits look amazing and are great, the only problem i would like to use them with BD Armoury which hasn't been updated to 1.3 or .1.3.1.

BD armoury is updated for 1.3.1.

Is it a typo requesting for 1.1.3. ? I doubt that any modder provide support for very old KSP version.

13 hours ago, kcs123 said:

BD armoury is updated for 1.3.1.

Is it a typo requesting for 1.1.3. ? I doubt that any modder provide support for very old KSP version.

No it isn't, the original BD Armoury was last udated in version 1.1.3, but thanks for the link to the community continued version.

Well, I thought that you were aware that author of original BD Armoury have abandoned development long time ago. By that time he gave permission for community to continue development. It is hard to expect that he will ever come back to development of mod, last news is that he work in development of some other game. All you can currently expect to get support is for community continued mod based on BD Armory legacy.

29 minutes ago, jonathanmoon said:

yes I know Im behind, but where can I find an older version of this mod for KSP 1.2.2 or does the 1.3.1 work with 1.2.2 as some mods do seem to. my game has 80+, Im not going up in game version anytime soon....

Don't know if this mod is legacy compatible, I doubt that is, but you can find older mod version in "changelog" page on SpaceDock. This download link is copied from there.

@BlueDragon1504 I forget what Spitfire I based it on, it's probably MkXIV. 5 Bladed, Griffon engine. It's faster than the Bf109. With regards to OP-ness, it's @AshyBoy that's closer, except the engine is not exclusive to F4U and there were faster planes which had the engine with them.

@Salvator The landing gears follow the same principles as the stock landing gear which doesn't deploy. That's the only way to mirror parts properly.

@RadiantShadow They only have weak stationary thrust, you need to use the runway to gain some lift and power.

@DodoOnTheMün If you're using latest Airplane Plus, must be a plug-in problem. Never have I been able to duplicate this issue.

@jonathanmoon @kcs123 It's legacy compatible with the right plug-in version, though I'm not sure which version introduced the payloads tab. If it hangs on the payloads, remove all the parts with doors and ramps in them (see part deleter's guide on zip).