[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

@Emily King I don't know how that client installs mods but that may just be the root cause of similar issues. The problem before was it was installed incorrectly. The correct folder structure is Kerbal Space Program/GameData/AirplanePlus as well as Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Firespitter, together with a module manager. Basically, the GameData from the zip must be dropped to the root folder where the .exe is. Make sure it's installed correctly.

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@Emily King I don't know how that client installs mods but that may just be the root cause of similar issues. The problem before was it was installed incorrectly. The correct folder structure is Kerbal Space Program/GameData/AirplanePlus as well as Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Firespitter, together with a module manager. Basically, the GameData from the zip must be dropped to the root folder where the .exe is. Make sure it's installed correctly.

well the good news is, i managed to find a fix for it

it seems for some reason the curse/twitch client was installing it in a double "gamedata" setup. i.e. it was placing everything, including both firespitter and airplane plus folders under another game data folder within game data folder. the file path was basically /GameData/GameData/Firespitter.

for some reason when it did that it still showed the engines, but not the wings, cmd pods, and had no sound. i moved firesplitter out of the  2nd game data folder into the 1st and suddenly it all works fine now. although the mod is now not showing as installed on the curse/twitch client.

hope this fix will be useful for anyone else encountering similiar issues

but it's really weird because back when i used this mod i manually installed it and somehow had the same issue.  it's a shame i cant remember if i also manually installed it with a double "gamedata/gamedata/" structure now to see if that was also the cause of the issue back then

On 3/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, TreyR9 said:

One last thing, if it’s not too much trouble.

The Mk I nose trunk seems to have collision errors. It causes whatever craft it’s on to teleport 1000 meters into the air (debug reads [name of craft] was in the ground—moving 1000 meters up). Not a critical error, because it can be recovered from, but it then puts the craft in a perpetual state of “moving along the surface,” making it impossible to leave the flight or quicksave.

huh when im using the Ks-51 landing gear it bounces me right up into the air as well. high enough that the engine block explodes on impact

i have to revert launch a couple of times before the gear seems to start in the tarmac, whereupon i have to then manually retract and extend it again for it to behave properly.

using it on a fresh game fresh build too. is this a known issue?

31 minutes ago, Emily King said:

huh when im using the Ks-51 landing gear it bounces me right up into the air as well. high enough that the engine block explodes on impact

i have to revert launch a couple of times before the gear seems to start in the tarmac, whereupon i have to then manually retract and extend it again for it to behave properly.

using it on a fresh game fresh build too. is this a known issue?

I just knew about this issue while playing a few days ago, works properly on 1.4 back when I tested it, seems like a 1.4.1 issue, I'm not quite sure yet.

I am having an issue with all the landing gear (bouncing on launch) and the teleporting nose trunk as well. Was so excited to get my SSTO in the sky for the first time (first time using this mod too) spent almost an hour building it (with the nose trunk) and went to test it; I was so sad to see Bill falling to his death, got a good lol tho.

9 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

I am having an issue with all the landing gear (bouncing on launch) and the teleporting nose trunk as well. Was so excited to get my SSTO in the sky for the first time (first time using this mod too) spent almost an hour building it (with the nose trunk) and went to test it; I was so sad to see Bill falling to his death, got a good lol tho.

It might not be Airplane Plus bug, it may be same or similar issue like other people have even with stock parts. Try using this mod to see if it helps:

OP say that is no longer need for this in KSP 1.4.1, but some of latest posts in thread confirmed that is still issue present with some stock crafts and this mod fixes it.

Damn this mod evolved really, well. If I come around to buy the expansion and play a bit of KSP again somewhere in the next few months, I'll have to try these out. Haven't properly played KSP in over 2 years now I think. Even my last post in the forum is 1.5 years old. But alas I'm still alive and look into the forums from time to time and at least keep up with KSP and its updates. Good to see you're still here and evolving and maintaining  your aweseome mods. Keep up the good work @blackheart612

EDIT: Just realised you have yet another new project out there with "Grounded", Amazing :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot

11 hours ago, SquaredSpekz said:

It seems it's using Firespitter Modules.

Then it's a whole different story, I'm afraid. TCA is build around stock ModuleEngines and is dependent on its architecture; to do necessary predictions, TCA uses things like atmospheric curves and ModuleEngine's algorithms that determine the thrust/mass-flow at given atmospheric conditions.

To do the same with completely different thrusting modules would be equivalent to write yet another TCA core. I'm not even sure I can provide the interface that a module could implement in order to be handled by TCA. Because I need to be able to answer questions like "what thrust this engine will give on that planet at given altitude, and at what fuel cost?"

I'm not saying it's impossible, but the resources required are overwhelming.

@kcs123 Oooh, today I learned. Bouncy wheels are a part of 1.4.x update, I'm currently not sure how to fix it but I feel like it's fixable but I'm gonna have to study it.

@DasBananenbrot Always good to see you back :D 

@SquaredSpekz @allista has been here before with the same request. The problem is FSEngineBladed, as I understand it, isn't just an engine, it's a moving wing that provides lift just like real helicopter blades. It's a completely different module from ModuleEngines, I'm quite certain it's not going to be easy.

@nascarlaser1 Download my sample crafts, make it light, don't carry too much fuel and the rotor should be on the center of mass so that it doesn't flip the craft. Think of a rectangular plank which has a center of mass on the center, if you poke a few centimeters of the side, it will flip the plank. That's the force of the rotors flipping the craft due to being off-center relative to the CoM.

Dear blackheart612,

Many thanks for the great mod. I recently met with KSP and it's impossible to imagine this game without Airplane plus. I would say that this is a mandatory mode for aviation in KSP and one of the mandatory for the game as a whole.

If you please, my first craft in aviation. I wanted a small cargo plane for gaming purposes. Thanks to you, I got what I wanted.

Antonov An-14 KSP

Continue your work. Good luck and inspiration.

U2hekrQ.png

@Ioseg People seldom post just to thank but that goes a long way. I'm glad you're having fun with the mod, and your post just made my day :wink: 

@[INDO]dimas_1502 No need, I'm planning to make 1.875 but still thinking what the parts will be. The 5m parts... really? I haven't even gotten out of 2.5m yet. I barely made Mk3, not even started with 3.75m, the possibilities are endless!

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

No need, I'm planning to make 1.875 but still thinking what the parts will be

If you do make them, I hope you also make adapters for 1.875 to 1.25 and 2.5 as well, since not everyone has access to MH. Anyways us over in the KEA thread would probably use the heck out of a passenger module with two rows of seats either side and some two seat airliner cockpits.

On 2018/3/29 at 5:37 PM, nascarlaser1 said:

can someone help explain how to build a helicopter? I've tried multiple times, but I either make my helicopter too heavy to get off the ground, or its light enough, but it pitches forward or backwards, hurtling into the dirt. Thanks :D .

For helicopters you guys should use AJE Although I admire snjo's coding and modeling technique, Firespitter's physics for helicopters and propellers are unscrutinized. Or I may say they're just wrong. A rotary wing is NOT a magical device that just spews a constant thrust. To have that, and you need to actually rely on some other plugins to keep the pilot alive is ridiculous.

Anyway if you want to try out just download the repo, not v2.11.0 release. It includes my new approach to building a relatively realistic rotary wing model while keeping flying easy enough. All the rotors in this mod are supported except for VTOL. Also check out the mod "AJE Extended

Every Kerbal has to build a Hip. At least to try...

Are you dreaming of the sky and confident in your pilot skill for to take off, but afraid of high speeds when landing? Planes do require a runway, many meters for acceleration and braking. But who needs a runway if there is a helicopter from UVM Corporation? We’ve stolen a design from a Soviet helicopter, but we do not care.

Slowly, big, but stable and does not require a runway at all. This helicopter is easy to start the engines, has enough fuel for take-off and working avionics for the first flight (the direction and distance of the flight depends on the skill of the pilot). Important: each of our craft is insured against accident just before the first accident.

We have cleaned the dust in the cabin, checked the pressure in the chassis and wiped the windows as for pre-sale preparations. Have a nice flight!

Imgur Mil Mi-8 Helicopter KSP
U may download it via kerbalx.
Spoiler

AFKEOuL.png

On 5/21/2016 at 6:52 PM, blackheart612 said:
I don't want all the parts/I only want certain parts of the mod.

I know, it's not a question, but there's a part deleter's guide in the zip itself, you can check it out and see which parts you want and it says there where it is.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Because I can't find any such guide in the zip itself.

2 hours ago, only drift said:

hello could you make a heavy version helicopter rotor "hippo" for a maximum mass of about 60 t for a helicopter heavy winch type MIL MI 26 thank you in advance

use tweakscale build 900 tons if you want yes AJE supports tweakscale thank you for your notice

Good evening everyone,

placing the Rotors in the right orientation is, well a pain in the ...

otherwise great mod. It's however really difficult to actually build a heli xD

Greetings

UA

Edited by UncleAge