[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

Oh my, thanks a lot. I do refer on the posts here a lot to fix things such as the reaction wheel which I apparently forgot to fix! So all your help are much appreciated :)

Also, I'm going to go back to continuous releases I think due to the fact that I have more time now. So lesser parts but more releases. This time it's still a number of parts. But here's something to look at this early in development (I'm also developing Grounded)

9teJ9ga.png

Hey, blackheart, remember that I asked about a Cockpit Based off the B-1B Lancer?

Well, what about a Cockpit or Fuselage based of the AH-1 Corbra/AH-1Z Viper and the AH-64 Apache? 

6 hours ago, Nightguard said:

hellOOOOO?? anyone??

Be patient. It is normal for answers on forums to take a day or two. Most people don't live on the forum, and they live in all kinds of time zones (for instance I was just about to go to bed when you made your first post, and woke up not long ago).

As for how to get IVAs, the mod should come with IVAs for all parts I think, so either your question is missing some critical detail, or the answer is simply install the mod.

26 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Be patient. It is normal for answers on forums to take a day or two. Most people don't live on the forum, and they live in all kinds of time zones (for instance I was just about to go to bed when you made your first post, and woke up not long ago).

As for how to get IVAs, the mod should come with IVAs for all parts I think, so either your question is missing some critical detail, or the answer is simply install the mod.

no, i mean it does have IVAs, but not the IVAs with Rasterprop in them already.

26 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Nightguard There is a wonderful IVA on page 88 for the a320 cockpit using RPM, ASET Props, and ASET Avionics. There is also one for the F-16 cockpit linked in the OP.

ok for the f16 one, but i dont use the a320 as im sticking to fighter jets, where can i learn to make IVAs?

im willing to learn how to make IVAs and how to use the softwares to make IVAs

@Nightguard You need to get the appropriate version of Unity and install part tools for it.  Also you need to learn a suitable modeling software. Blender is the most common free one, it is very powerful, but also has a steep learning curve. Wings 3D is an other free one that people use.

This one seems good if you know your way around modeling and unity already, but you might need something to cover the basics first.

17 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

@Nightguard You need to get the appropriate version of Unity and install part tools for it.  Also you need to learn a suitable modeling software. Blender is the most common free one, it is very powerful, but also has a steep learning curve. Wings 3D is an other free one that people use.

This one seems good if you know your way around modeling and unity already, but you might need something to cover the basics first.

awesome!

mind: oh no... steep learning curve no no no no nooooo noo

7 hours ago, Nightguard said:

mind: oh no... steep learning curve no no no no nooooo noo

Do it in kerbal way then - with trial and error :) And be patient, take your own pace of learning, so it will be less frustrating. You will make huge learning steps when you enjoy learning at the same time.

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Do it in kerbal way then - with trial and error :) And be patient, take your own pace of learning, so it will be less frustrating. You will make huge learning steps when you enjoy learning at the same time.

thanks!

PS: @neistridlar what do you mean with the part tools for unity?

6 hours ago, Nightguard said:

thanks!

PS: @neistridlar what do you mean with the part tools for unity?

That stuff. You need it to export parts from unity, because KSP uses its own custom format (.mu) for the models, and some other stuff like shaders. (this discussion is becoming a bit of topic though, maybe find a better place for it).

Well, it seems like a few things happened while I was away from the thread. Perhaps if the rude ones knew how difficult it was, they'd be more appreciative of the work done, eh? :P

Anyways, back to dev update, I just finished IVAs too for the new cockpit:

wHPYIoU.png

Nothing spectacular as usual. Please don't mind the speed of the plane during screenshot. The new cabins can be occupied by up to 8 people.

I've actually fixed the wrong weight of the Mk1 Inline Stabilizer which sucks because I had to redo a number of my crafts to balance them back again. Though it did come up during the testing phase. Still some improvements to go.
Here are some screenshots of the CRJ-700 (32 passengers):

lonNsWB.png2H8lzZI.pnguNCTzTn.png

Here's a CRJ-900 (40 Passengers)

7hG4aQh.png

Edited by blackheart612

@blackheart612 the tweakscale patch for this has been updated and should include all parts now. Its at the same link as before, which if you no longer have laying around somewhere is below. There is also a tweakscale patch in there for your grounded mod as well if you want to add that to that mods OP as well. Sorry for the delay!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g45l0djvbmypl3e/AABZ033reYyTd_6xV17txTR3a?dl=0

Release 23

Here's the update finally (as I stated to you @TMasterson5, sorry I couldn't be of much help). Anyway, as promised, expansion of 1.875m from where we left off last patch. Let's skip aerodynamics for hollow parts for now, I really want to add a whole lot of parts and I can't afford to cut my pace for now (Hopefully not a big issue for everybody). I also fixed the collider issues. Here's the actual changelog also on the OP:

Added Size 1.5 Cockpit based on the CRJ series

Added J-34 "Chevron" High-Bypass Turbofan Engine based on E-170's CF34 as well as CRJ-900

Added Size 1.5 Crew Cabin

Added Size 1.5 Air Ramp

Added Size 1.5 Structural Fuselage

Added Size 1.5 Structural Fuselage Junior

Added Small Nose Cone B

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector A

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector B

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector A Short

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector B Short

-

Fixed 1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage having no colliders

Fixed Mk3S1.5 Structural Fuselage collider preventing entry inside the hull

Fixed Mk1 Inline Stabilizer weight being too heavy

-

Changed some tech tree distributions

Have fun and don't forget to remind me if there are issues I forgot to fix again. Here's some pics (CRJ-900 and CRJ-700):

lonNsWB.pngRblpVAJ.png

-

tmcDFUJ.pngdRUMllg.png
Y5ktNnQ.pngHr0CoqQ.png

49 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 23

Here's the update finally (as I stated to you @TMasterson5, sorry I couldn't be of much help). Anyway, as promised, expansion of 1.875m from where we left off last patch. Let's skip aerodynamics for hollow parts for now, I really want to add a whole lot of parts and I can't afford to cut my pace for now (Hopefully not a big issue for everybody). I also fixed the collider issues. Here's the actual changelog also on the OP:

Added Size 1.5 Cockpit based on the CRJ series

Added J-34 "Chevron" High-Bypass Turbofan Engine based on E-170's CF34 as well as CRJ-900

Added Size 1.5 Crew Cabin

Added Size 1.5 Air Ramp

Added Size 1.5 Structural Fuselage

Added Size 1.5 Structural Fuselage Junior

Added Small Nose Cone B

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector A

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector B

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector A Short

Added Size 1.5 Tail Connector B Short

-

Fixed 1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage having no colliders

Fixed Mk3S1.5 Structural Fuselage collider preventing entry inside the hull

Fixed Mk1 Inline Stabilizer weight being too heavy

-

Changed some tech tree distributions

I can't wait to try it! :D

17 minutes ago, YoloT47 said:

Also, will the craft work with 1.4.3? (I can't use 1.4.4 due to kerbinside continued) 

Sure, it should on any 1.4 versions. Also, I made a boo-boo, I reuploaded R23.0 to fix it. If anybody downloaded before this, you need to redownload to fix the missing cockpit.