[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

7 hours ago, Unsocialite said:

For the next update I suggest making the propellers on propeller engines "break off" if they reach a certain speed, especially the early tech ones. They're not really built to go beyond 500 mph.

That would be a good idea. I second that.

29 minutes ago, Skywalket said:
8 hours ago, Unsocialite said:

For the next update I suggest making the propellers on propeller engines "break off" if they reach a certain speed, especially the early tech ones. They're not really built to go beyond 500 mph.

That would be a good idea. I second that.

that would be a neat idea

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

It would require coding a new plugin to make such a thing happen. Blackheart612 is a modeler (and a darn good one), not a coder.

Heck, I'd settle for the props/rotors to break/stop when they interact with the ground :D

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Heck, I'd settle for the props/rotors to break/stop when they interact with the ground :D

That's probably a suggestion better suited to the animation plugin writers, that way it would be available to all rather than just within a single mod.

10 hours ago, Skywalket said:

I meant for the next update of the mod

Nothing major recently. I paused for a bit, until the end of the month because Im playing another game, though it started with me waiting for KSP to settle on a version at least. But the most developed so far is only this cockpit:

LBpS8Cr.png

I have another model, and that has IVA already but hasn't gone testing yet nor implemented.

I've been really enjoying the parts in this mod but  for the life of me I can not figure out how to control helicopters.  I've downloaded some of the craft files associated with the mod and for the life of me I can't figure out how to control the helicopters.   Anyone have a pointers?

Part Request

Very short cargo ramp size 2 (like the one from mk3 expansion but those are not tweakscalable)

Cylinder bottom one flat and an other one less flat.

Landing gear ONE GIANT wheel.

adapter mk2 to size 2 hollow

size 2 side cargo ramp(as large as the part)

size 2 elevetor up and down

auxiliary power unit (turbine generator) :very low TWR, high electrical output

adapter size 2 to mk3s2 (2.5m)

Edited by Mathrilord

Hey @blackheart612, I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you have put into this mod. I can only imagine how hard it would be to make all those models, create animations, updating compatibility, etc. But I think I speak for the community when I say that we appreciate the time and effort you have put into this mod. Thanks again

Is there anyway to add compatibility for TCA?? Ive tried adding the modules via MM. But tca doesn't recognize the propeller engines. The gemini in particular in my case. Could it be that it uses a special firesplitter engine module?

Ive also noticed the hover feature when clicked causes my craft to take a dive. Tips? Suggestions?

Ima do some more testing when i get home..but I would really like to have TCA for the main rotors.

EDIT: I havnt had much luck...

But one other question id like to ask..

what does "Thr Keys" and "Thr State" buttons do/meen?

Edited by Jesusthebird

9 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Is there anyway to add compatibility for TCA?? Ive tried adding the modules via MM. But tca doesn't recognize the propeller engines. The gemini in particular in my case. Could it be that it uses a special firesplitter engine module?

Ive also noticed the hover feature when clicked causes my craft to take a dive. Tips? Suggestions?

Ima do some more testing when i get home..but I would really like to have TCA for the main rotors.

EDIT: I havnt had much luck...

But one other question id like to ask..

what does "Thr Keys" and "Thr State" buttons do/meen?

TCA Doesn't work with FSModules, the author himself was here before already.

I'll quote myself on the Thr Keys and State:

On 12/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, blackheart612 said:

And for people who were asking about Thr State and Thr Key:

Thr State (default) means that the rotors will refer to the throttle in your navball and will copy it. 100% is to +15 collective, and 0% is to 0 collective.
Thr Key starts from 0 collective and the effect of your throttle key is permanent and will not return to 0 unless on hover. If you keep pressing increase throttle, it will go up to +15 collective and will stay there unless changed. Keep pressing decrease and it will go to -15 as maximum.

Since Thr Key starts from 0 collective everytime you are in hover, it is best used with hover to avoid losing power from translation of hover to increase of collective.

The Grounded relays on Stock Part Switch and you can't make Airplane Plus do it?

What exactly can't you do with it?

I guess multiple model/texture variants at the same time?

But you always can split them in diffirent parts!

Edited by Gapone