[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

17 hours ago, AtleSt said:

Why does the engine sound only come from one side of my headset? and when will the next update be released?

Oops, I accidentally clicked like instead of quote. Well, the engine sound issue, I am not certain what the problem is. It seems to be related with firespitter because I think KAX has the same issue. Probably conflict with the kind of .wav we use I can't say for sure.

Regarding the release, I have a partner now who makes awesome configs for me so once I get the configs from him, I'll do a release.

Release 2.0

I added two more engines to the pack. It's in the imgur album if you want to see for yourself.

I also teamed up with a forum member. Shoutout to Tanner Rawlings working in the background. He pretty much did all the performance configuration which was a massive help to me. The performance should feel way better than before. (You should try posting here man, I won't tag you since I put you in the OP already)

Check out the album which I updated in accordance to the new release. I don't know why it isn't updating on embed but it's updated if you click on it. Maybe it's just mine.

Edit: I also changed some of the sounds. Let me know what you think. :)

Edited by blackheart612

7 hours ago, Artfact said:

Awesome! Beautiful work!:D
Now that the engine performance has been fine tuned I'll add the engines to the Engineering Tech tree.:)

Warranty void if props spin. If desired stats are not achieved, please refrain from executing the config editor.

Garanti ogiltig om rekvisita snurra. Om så önskas statistik inte uppnås, vänligen avståfrån att köra config editor.

Die Garantie erlischt, wenn Requisiten Spinnen. Falls gewünscht Statistiken nicht erreicht werden, unterlassen Sie den Konfigurationseditor ausgeführt wird.

@Artfact Notice I modified the KB 601 engine to be less pointy now. Just keep the feedback coming and I will see what I can do.

In the meantime, I really. really. love the F4U Corsair and I am very happy I have finished this K-2800 (two-row) radial engine

NEEZqfE.jpg

More pics here:

Spoiler

8TruuL1.pngvcn57le.pngT4kf6CS.png

It was a bit harder to make sounds for this but I finished them already. I think I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Although I might make some revisions on the model if I think it's necessary. Now for the configs, I'll send them when I get the chance to Tanner and see what happens next. I have some more goals in mind.

34 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@Artfact Notice I modified the KB 601 engine to be less pointy now. Just keep the feedback coming and I will see what I can do.

In the meantime, I really. really. love the F4U Corsair and I am very happy I have finished this K-2800 (two-row) radial engine

Yes, it's beautiful. I'm going to play around with it soon!:) 

So is the Corsair one, lovely detail!<3

Now that you've got an engine configurator grease monkey, I'd like to again casually drop the idea of low tech early-war inline engines.
The Hawker Fury Rolls-Royce Kestrel  or Fiesler 156 Argus As 10 engines would be great additions.:)

I'll let you guys know when I bump into problems or ideas!:)

10 hours ago, Tanner Rawlings said:

Warranty void if props spin. If desired stats are not achieved, please refrain from executing the config editor.

Garanti ogiltig om rekvisita snurra. Om så önskas statistik inte uppnås, vänligen avståfrån att köra config editor.

Die Garantie erlischt, wenn Requisiten Spinnen. Falls gewünscht Statistiken nicht erreicht werden, unterlassen Sie den Konfigurationseditor ausgeführt wird.

The german translation is hilarious. Complete nonsense :D:D:D:DGoogle Translator magic I guess :D 

4 hours ago, Artfact said:

Yes, it's beautiful. I'm going to play around with it soon!:) 

So is the Corsair one, lovely detail!<3

Now that you've got an engine configurator grease monkey, I'd like to again casually drop the idea of low tech early-war inline engines.
The Hawker Fury Rolls-Royce Kestrel  or Fiesler 156 Argus As 10 engines would be great additions.:)

I'll let you guys know when I bump into problems or ideas!:)

Surely, I'll take a look at suggestions at some point but currently, I have a roadmap in mind so I'll follow it for now then see what I can do with some more engines.

In the meantime:

P-38 Lightning to P-40 Warhawk - K1710 "Whirlwind" engine conversion kit coming on next release :) It's interchangeable anytime, does not affect performance, of course.

6d55PHH.png

Awesome! Love the idea! Would that be through something like partswitch?

Merlin and 109 engine variations would be wonderful additions as well!
Looking forward to what you have in store.:)

It's a feature of firespitter, mesh switching. It was more of an experiment at this point. As it is demo'd in the picture, I just tested it and it works so it'll be on the next release. We'll see how this fares in the future. I am limited to same length engines so I couldn't do complete redesigns. One such example might be using the merlin for an XP-55 design which could possibly end with different lengths. I am also not sure if I could switch the blade designs which cancels out possibility of merlin crossing to spitfire style from mustang for now.

I added a total of 11 more parts today in the dev build. Technically just 7 but I had to modify their attachments to make them attachable on two different sides.

You (might have not) guessed it, wing panels. I made smaller sizes to be able to control the size of the wing even more, especially for small aircraft. It might add to the part count but at least you got a better looking craft, right? :P

o1vlLwa.png

Currently, they are bad. Very bad. I haven't adjusted the lift position yet so I couldn't really fly it that good but it looks good so there it is. Currently, I put them in different folders but I'll put them into one neat folder once I'm done. Also, it uses squad's textures.

Here's a couple more pics if you want to see:

Spoiler

EYRsCus.pngZILyW05.pngylXSK5q.png

Tail wings are smaller so I haven't gone through that atm so pardon the bad tail wings. I'll try to find a solution on how to make better ones soon.

49 minutes ago, arsyad100 said:

I can't reverse your engine thrust, although the "Set reverse thrust" button is there.

Really love your work btw, you should make more :D

I have the same problem, it was quite a surprise when my airplane suddenly shot backwards upon staging.

I'm enjoying your exception-free propellers, they're way better than SXT, or KAX's props, both in aesthetics, and balance/functionality.

23 hours ago, arsyad100 said:

I can't reverse your engine thrust, although the "Set reverse thrust" button is there.

Really love your work btw, you should make more :D

I'll be taking a look at that.

5 hours ago, DownHereInChile said:

Why does the short tank hold only 50 units of fuel instead of 100 or 200 (since it's half the size of a Mk1 fuel tank)?

Because the volume is calculated, afaik. Not simply divided into how much it got smaller or bigger. So halving the tank decreases the capacity eight fold.

I've been quite busy in real life but I did make another prop which I could not show yet since I haven't really done some important things except finish the 3D model. It still needs to be unwrapped and textured before importing. It seems Tanner Rawlings is doing something as well so we will see what happens next soontm.

@DespairingSquid I recently looked at the issue. I remember it's a firespitter issue. I'm still using the FSenginesound to set engage, power, disengage, and flameout. This gives me extensive control over when particular sounds will start during the animation. There was recently a change in squad sound management in 1.1.2 and both firespitter and my mod have the problem last time I checked.

Unless I use the module that squad uses, or unless firespitter is updated to cater it, it's impossible to fix. Using the module that squad uses means that the long prop startup time sound will be played together with the idle power sound messing up the audio in the process. So I'll be making a compromise with the only one channel playing until I know further information regarding this problem. I apologize I could not cater your requirement with the info I have with the problem.

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@DespairingSquid I recently looked at the issue. I remember it's a firespitter issue. I'm still using the FSenginesound to set engage, power, disengage, and flameout. This gives me extensive control over when particular sounds will start during the animation. There was recently a change in squad sound management in 1.1.2 and both firespitter and my mod have the problem last time I checked.

Unless I use the module that squad uses, or unless firespitter is updated to cater it, it's impossible to fix. Using the module that squad uses means that the long prop startup time sound will be played together with the idle power sound messing up the audio in the process. So I'll be making a compromise with the only one channel playing until I know further information regarding this problem. I apologize I could not cater your requirement with the info I have with the problem.

Thanks, though I must wonder, how did KAX fix it?

In the mean time I'll look into forcing KSP to stop caring about directional sounds, I need those damn engines!

KAX fixed it the way I told you how it can only be fixed, by using another module instead of FSenginesound for the audio. It poses the same problem as what I have mentioned but KAX startup sounds are short. They don't take 5-7 seconds to start so it's not that noticeable.

I hope you enjoy should you decide to install it. Aside from that known issue, let me know if you have a problem with anything and I'll see what I can do.

We move on to the Pacific Theater on the next release once it's out. The K-2800 "Bumblebee" Radial Engine (F4U Corsair based) on the previous post. And now I have added K-14 "Divine Wind" Radial Engine (A6M5 Model 52 based) after a couple of days break. A unique engine, I have never seen people do Imperial Japanese props yet in KSP. Maybe there are but I haven't noticed them. Here is how it looks like in game:

HH8JcJ9.png

Here are some more images:

Spoiler

BwoDPGp.png

9GU3Tts.png

UwcnoyP.png

It is still subject for improvement - I plan to add the A6M2 variant which is less detailed, (has no exhaust pipes jutting out) through mesh switching some time soon. Of course, there will be custom sounds and I will be doing it ASAP. Tanner and I will be working the rest in configuration. Tweaking performance and, timing sound and animation, respectively.