[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

You've got a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine a-la Supermarine Spitfire, what about a Rolls-Royce Griffon engine like the one that powered the Supermarine Seafang? seafang~10241.jpg

Sorry about the double-post.

Edited by StevieC
Added apology for the two back-to-back posts

@Murican_Jeb Try again when the mod is finished. We're on the modern age now :P 

@StevieC Whirlwind issue still persists? Try removing your previous installation before reinstalling. The "Kraken" engine is the "Griffon" engine. Later versions of Spitfire used the griffon. I just think it's not possible or quite complicated to meshswitch that level of detail from the Kraken's single propeller into two unless I make another one of that engine. Regarding the reversal of the propellers, I'm not sure, I think it might be possible. Wouldn't it be funny if you reverse your thrust midflight and the propellers just reverse the spinning like nobody's business? Hehe

Testing now.

While I'm waiting for KSP to start, I thought i'd mention that your "Early" engines make the FireSpitter biplane handle appreciably better than I had grown accustomed to, while adding enough propeller torque to add a degree of challenge that FireSpitter's included "biplane engine" just can't match. Hats off to you on that!

THAT's better! Textures are all there now!

Edited by StevieC
Success!

Alright, I'll update the sites to include the fix. Regarding the biplane engines, it might be because the firespitter biplane parts are actually lightweight (as they should be), they're the perfect match for AP+ engines, I bet. Because although they are weak when matched with modern parts from KSP, it's about right with FS biplane parts. Anyway, thanks for the issue report, that helps a lot.

Part of why I suggest having the propellers of the "pusher" engines spin in the opposite direction (note, this will require their blade-pitch to be the opposite direction of the "tractor" configuration) is so that a push/pull combination will properly cancel out each other's propeller torque. I've been experimenting with four-engine airplane builds that only have a single nacelle per wing, sporting a pair of engines in push/pull configuration.

16 hours ago, StevieC said:

the "Whirlwind" engine seems to be missing the majority of its textures.

Same here, the only texture that works is the acender

If you do decide to add jets then I have a whole other bunch of engines to suggest..... again like the other ones I put up they're the old german types; so they're not particularly good engines (but hey, they fit with the era. clunky and bodged together), but pretty much all of them haven't appeared in a ksp mod yet.

Edited by halowraith1

I still say instead of jet engines you should consider "barrel" engines and/or Wankel engines.

Here's an example of a "barrel engine"

Also, regarding my earlier mention of the Northrop XP-56 Black Bullet pusher-fighter, it used a pusher-configured version of the R-2800 engine, so perhaps that could be made available as an alternate mesh for the K-2800 in future? Just a suggestion.

Edited by StevieC

19 minutes ago, StevieC said:

I still say instead of jet engines you should consider "barrel" engines and/or Wankel engines.

Here's an example of a "barrel engine"

Its too late. We are already at the modern stage.

Also, didn't we talk about Wankel engines before?

I might have missed it when looking through the thread, but was there anything on these prop engines working on other planets with atmospheres like Eve and Duna?

Also, the mod looks awesome, found it through Ckan and it looks a lot more my speed than found in more intense part mods, Kudos to ya. ^^