[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

3 hours ago, Invader_guy said:

I don't really have the time and patience to mantain a mod but I still wanted my part to be available for anyone who wants it :P 

so that's why I wanted to see if it could be part of someone else's mod instead.

also yea, it is MK3 size

Dropbox link in case you're interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yu7xeoappkr369/Hind.zip?dl=0

here: http://imgur.com/a/0wq8B

That is awesome dude! You have made a very cool part! Good job!

15 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Invader_guy I see, that's understandable. It's a shame, KSP can always use more modders. I'll see what I can do with the file, not gonna be part of AP+ so I'll find of a way to distribute it.

@qromodynmc That's why I need more feedbacks! :D 

Aside from a subsonic looking cockpit which can clearly break the sound barrier in KSP, I've made a supersonic looking one. Mostly based of the concorde, shortened nose and simplified visor. Originally thought of Tu-144 but there's barely any difference other than visor design when I saw it and concorde had a clearer look for me. The visor will be transparent on final texture. Just tested the animation with this no engine aircraft:

Qp2xrgi.jpg

I think the drooping of the nose actually makes you lose speed. Which makes sense because they're deployed at low speeds/taxiing/landing. Based max angle of deployment here:

13906749_1268800326486917_87543431929931

Nice you thought about this, I think it's early testing texture? bit dull. Little bit weathering and rivets etc, it'll look awesome.

It's a little bit rough around the edges (a couple of MFDs in inconvenient places), but I've made an RPM config for the existing IVAs - @blackheart612, what's the best way to distribute it? I'm afraid it's not MM-based currently (I'm a little rusty in that regard, though could probably cobble something together that switches based on the installation of RPM).

9SICA5c.jpeg

2 hours ago, SufficientAnonymity said:

It's a little bit rough around the edges (a couple of MFDs in inconvenient places), but I've made an RPM config for the existing IVAs - @blackheart612, what's the best way to distribute it? I'm afraid it's not MM-based currently (I'm a little rusty in that regard, though could probably cobble something together that switches based on the installation of RPM).

If you post a zip of the RPM files I can probably make some magic with MM tonight.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

@qromodynmc Definitely test textures. The modified airbus textures are probably not even final yet, almost done though. Today I did the IVA of the cockpit and size 2 cabin. And man, it takes a longer time than usual. Had to crank up creativity a little more because I'm making my own parts not referenced to stock ones (because no 2.5M plane parts exist) which is pretty fun actually. Just time consuming.

hnOvh86.pngMUoFcHP.png

So the cabin can carry 16 people in total, now unfortunately, the stock passenger chairs are short so I have to modify the IVA. This is generally how it will look like though. I haven't referenced to most stock parts yet so mostly my design so far, inspired by commercial jet design (with recommended chair/window proportion layout). The general design of the IVA is also based off a bit of MK3.

More pictures:

Spoiler

g4Dmk6O.pngGQGVNcS.png2gGegd7.pnglC1k2oR.png

@SufficientAnonymityYou can post them right here, I'll allow distribution of configs here. If you wanna host it in another site/start another thread, it's fine too but will need to ask permissions to me first, because licenses. :P 

Edited by blackheart612

44 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

You can post them right here, I'll allow distribution of configs here. If you wanna host it in another site/start another thread, it's fine too but will need to ask permissions to me first, because licenses. :P 

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If you post a zip of the RPM files I can probably make some magic with MM tonight.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B27GgEt7eNUcMV9xYnZXb1RybFk?usp=sharing

I've finished polishing the cabin and airbus cockpit. I'd say that's done. I'm on my way to doing the Concorde IVA. And now I totally forgot what I was about to do before all this mess :P 

J9do475.pngbURO5Sa.png

So far the Concorde cockpit is a little closer to final textures. I'm not sure if it's possible to have two animations (light and nose drooping). I'm positive it's possible but we'll see.

o0AXASE.png

I'm just gonna post this totally un-flyable demo craft that looks very cool for me.

GdZK61g.pngL94uzsQ.png

On 1/2/2017 at 7:20 PM, Invader_guy said:

I made an ugly Hind cockpit model, do you want it?

SAzmPlXZ5OZ_UIM5cNaGrvCSzRbGcJ_W_5GyLl08

I've been messing about with Unity, and have a very basic in-game part. Has .cfg, textures(.dds) and model(.mu) files. The config file is a rough copy of the stock MK3 Shuttle Cockpit, and could do with polishing up, as could the Unity part. I have had issues with the attachment nodes, as well as adding the ability to toggle cockpit lights. 

Here is the GameData file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pfoxrm1zcuztdpv/AABNSU6ikyNAY-SkeWBKRdR-a?dl=0

(not sure if this is the right thing to do, but if @Invader_guy permits it, anyone should be free to polish this asset up themselves)

Cheers.

@StereotypicalBrit If it happens that you can release it, I'm willing to help you with whatever you're missing. In private message of course, not here.

@kiwinanday Not many people use the drone parts. You make me happy :D 

So this kinda makes me sad but I'm glad it works and looks alright so far. But the camera of the kerbal is clipping on the mesh in IVA. Here I uploaded on giphy because imgur keeps making gifv... It's set on private though so I shared the gif url itself. Hope it works and shows up.

source.gif

The cockpit carries 3 people, 2 people on the front, another on the back.

6hbF2N5.pngiPBD8Od.png

Also, the atmospheric effects (supersonic effects) are inaccurate to the colliders and I don't know why. I'll try to check tags some time.

Global Hawk is one of my favorite planes ever (an evolution of it is inevitable) and that drone nose bay is awesome--I've got a communications dish under the dome, as well as various instruments, just like the real thing. I also used your junior structural fuselage bays as payload doors, for a BTDT scanner and some undetermined hardware.

Spoiler

dqRmyDMh.jpg

I'm looking at about 9hrs endurance, which gives me at least a full circumnavigation. 

@blackheart612 I wanted to let you know, I've sat on the fence about this mod since I saw the first version of it pop up, I was using KAX at that time, and didn't really want to switch to a different 'prop and plane' parts pack. I finally decided to try this mod, after the update to 1.2.1, since I never saw KAX update. I'm glad I did. I'm loving this mod pack, and you've got some great stuff. Thanks for what you're doing here.

Amusing side note, and I'm not posting this as a bug report:

f3d26qL.jpg

I love that you can see the cockpit structural supports in the cockpit shadow. :) 

I've started work on something...

nUSJ5W5.png

A QUESTION: For my Warbirds Cockpit project, I made special versions of the ASET Avionics props that used feet, mph, or kts instead of m and m/s (because of history). Which would everyone prefer for the APP stuff?

Edited by theonegalen

Update: I should have gone to bed, but I ended up modding instead.

This uses the ASET beta which is not currently widely available (plus some of my customized props), and needs some debugging, but I have a basic arrangement for most of the props I'll include. The MFD isn't working yet, and the caution panel ended up floating on the opposite side of the craft to where I expected it, but that's pre-alphas for you.

kI29zdY.png

I'm no good at helicopters, so I made this instead:

http://imgur.com/3SCHCJR

Edited by theonegalen

@theonegalen Awesome, please do continue! And I like m/s because it's stock. But personally would prefer mph

@SpaceToad Will require tweaks to make it appear on last release. Doesn't work by default. Will be fixed on release soon. Electricity provider loves cutting out here. Progress is slow but doing good so far. Still no screenshots yet though.

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@theonegalen Awesome, please do continue! And I like m/s because it's stock. But personally would prefer mph

I am in the same boat. I have been working on it today, but I'm running into problems with the camera collider in the middle. It's so large that I can't click any props along the bottom of the console! Is there any way to change this?  I may be able to get around it by offsetting the internal camera.

Edited by theonegalen

After another thirteen hours of "just five more minutes, then I'll go," I have a few different configurations to choose from. I'd love for feedback on any of them, thanks!

Cockpit A: this is probably the most like an actual helicopter cockpit, and it's the least crowded, visually. Earliest model today.

Spoiler

mh1bs04.png

Cockpit B: I like the instrument arrangement here, it's good to fly with, at least as a jet, but it is pretty visually crowded. Also, there are SAS buttons for orbital ops, as well as action groups. The radio stack from A is now up on the ceiling.

Spoiler

WaJ3OHJ.png

Cockpit C: This is basically B but without the SAS and AG buttons.

Spoiler

kA0JlNY.png

Cockpit D: I really like the warning panels on this one. I can't take credit for that; I copied and pasted the arrangement from alexustas' beta Mk1 cockpit.

Spoiler

g9Q2dze.png

All of the cockpits use a customized airspeed indicator that shows IAS in both MPH and m/s. I'm probably going to do some kind of compromise between B and D, unless anyone has any other ideas. :) Here's the album: http://imgur.com/gallery/pcJAB

A and D are the most "helicoptery" of the pits, so far, mainly because they don't have orbital SAS settings or landing gear / flaps / spoiler levers. It's pretty difficult to actually read the MFD in any of them, and I really do love the radio stack being visible on the panel. I'd put it on the center below the HSI, but nothing clickable can go there because it's covered up by a camera-switching transform. Alexustas is working on a nav/radio system that will use the radio stack to drive homing equipment just like in a real airplane, so I'd like for it to be easily used once I figure out how to implement those props.

Right now, all of these are intended to be used by the captain in the left seat, like in an airplane. In helicopters, however, the pilot in command sits in the right hand seat. How do you all feel I should set it up?

Edited by theonegalen