[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

@DarkOwl57 Just get a 1.1.3 version of FS and MM and the mod shall work. The problem is, the loading would stop at the Payloads. Just change the configs to categorize them under utility or delete their configs if you don't need them. Don't delete their folders as I think they are being referenced by Structural Parts' textures.

@Hellbrand It's hard for me to work with parts not made by me. I can help if people need some texturing done or probably something that falls within my skillset though.

On 1/25/2017 at 1:42 PM, blackheart612 said:

@vardicd Unity imports are wonky and I knew that lately. I won't be surprised if it's actually the problem. But the next patch will guarantee a fix and it won't be APP causing re orientations anymore. I assure you that.

@OrbitalBuzzsaw Isn't the half of WC B equivalent of WC D or E stacked together? I think you can attach things to both of them? Or I just don't understand things here?

@Bill the Kerbal Props engines are automatically feathered to their lowest at stationary. Still capable of dragging the plane, but not while braking mostly. It's an intended feature because it's the closest way to model Engine RPM with stock modules. Otherwise, the planes will shoot off the runway the moment it starts.

Maybe, but it'd be a really useful piece for tails. Pleeeeeeze make it

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

KerbinSide should work fine with 1.2.2 as long as you have the 1.2.2 version of Kerbal Konstructs, and BDA is being kept by LinuxGuruGamer and works fine with 1.2.2(BDArmoryContinued). Even if all of your BDA expansions are 1.1.3 they'll works fine with BDAContinued. I wholeheartedly suggest you update to 1.2.2; it crashes practically none and it runs a little bit better in my experience. 

The last time I checked KerbinSide (About a month ago when I downloaded it) The thing said "Because Kerbal Konstructs is not compatible with 1.2, we have not updated yet." or something like that

48 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@DarkOwl57 Just get a 1.1.3 version of FS and MM and the mod shall work

FS? I'm not really a modder so I'mma need some help XD

48 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Just change the configs to categorize them under utility or delete their configs if you don't need them. Don't delete their folders as I think they are being referenced by Structural Parts' textures.

EEK! I no do config changing; I'd break the whole system on accident :blush:

well perhaps making them look a tad more stock-alike texture wise  would be appreciated   if  possible. and maybe find out how to get them to show up in game as  They dont seem to be doing that either despite having all the configs and what not.

As just the wings control surfaces. would be decent additions themselves.

Edited by Hellbrand

18 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hello, I was wondering if we could get some kind of parts from a MiG-17. Like the diverted air intake.

5deffe3a9dbd5ca465ec352ee6f8d7bc.jpg

Or the nice long and tapered engine(I don't know how to explain it. It could start at 1.25 and thin down.)

d674ea973977a8953256f0d8984f9fd3.jpg

Here's even some reference orthographics.

MiG-17(3-view).jpg

Stryker's aerospace has those parts.

@OrbitalBuzzsaw It's still possible, it's not on the top priorities list though.

@DarkOwl57 Do you need the cargo bays? They're mostly doors. I can try make you a patch, when I can, if you don't need the doors though, you can delete the configs of the folders around the folder Payload. FS is firespitter by the way.

@Hellbrand Are they a ton of parts? PM me regarding it so I can try help. APP will be my priority though.

@VenomousRequiem I have it planned. I want to do it so expect it in the future (air intake)

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@DarkOwl57 Do you need the cargo bays? They're mostly doors. I can try make you a patch, when I can, if you don't need the doors though, you can delete the configs of the folders around the folder Payload. FS is firespitter by the way.

Cargo bays I really don't need that much; It's' just the engines that I need a lot of. Since the story I'm writing is going to be in WW2-ish, the propeller engines would really add to that whole aesthetic feel. OOOOHHHHH... Now I feel dumb... :/

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, blackheart612 said:

@Bill the Kerbal Can you specify this prop? There are a lot of props and if it's not the stationary thrust that's the problem, it must be a specific prop. This is the first time I've heard of this. Do note that all props bleed speed at lower altitudes and lower speeds than turbine engines, if ever you're referring to that.

I am referring to every prop. they all have their max thrust at Mach 0.1  

35 minutes ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

I am referring to every prop. they all have their max thrust at Mach 0.1  

That's approximately stationary thrust. That's intended. If you're at Mach 0.1, you don't have propulsive efficiency. Also a model for low RPM, it throttles up as you take off. At Mach 0.1, your wings have basically no drag, too. It means at Mach 0.1, you're landed. It goes up steeply as you gain speed on take off. So that you can't take off instantly.

f0512-02.gif

@7h3_1337_p3r50n You mean thrust reversal? :P The controls rotors do that as a default, they use both directions. But on the other hand, the main rotors, although it is ridiculous that you can reverse the thrust, it is also possible by tilting the blades. That's how ascent is controlled, after all...

Edited by blackheart612

I saw that there are fixes for some cockpit(s) with FAR due to be released. How far off is the next update? I would love to be able to use the mod, but can't if it doesn't play nice with FAR. If you still don't want to push a full update maybe just a temporary interim release on Dropbox or Gdrive that way only people affected by the issue will have to redownload this. Thanks! :) 

Edited by Svm420

@blackheart612 I've just noticed that the elevons of this mod don't follow the angle snap rules and deploy controls of the stock elevons. By the latter I mena that when I mannually deploy them using the tooltip, mirrored elevons don't deply to the same direction, but they go oposite ways, rolling my plane instead of acting as flaps

Edit: I also noticed that the drone cargo nose doesn't apply the same rules as the stock cargo bay on parts drag, I was doing a reentry and all parts inside were producing drag, some of them were destroyed by the heat as well

Edited by EstebanLB

7 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@7h3_1337_p3r50n You mean thrust reversal? :P The controls rotors do that as a default, they use both directions. But on the other hand, the main rotors, although it is ridiculous that you can reverse the thrust, it is also possible by tilting the blades. That's how ascent is controlled, after all...

the part is upside down, meaning that it propels down

@Svm420 Will be slower than usual, might be a few more days. I had to take care of things in real life.

@EstebanLB Thanks, I'll be taking a look at it. :) 

@7h3_1337_p3r50n Just the thrust transform is upside down? Or the whole part is upside down? This is the first time I've heard of this. So I don't know how to fix it. Nobody seems to have the same issue as you and I have no idea how to replicate it.

I think you need to make windows more transparent

4 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Dev update at last. It's been a while since I got to work but I've finished the last part I want to have for the next update. I'll be tending configs to fix everything I remember and will soon have a release ready version.

3MmYoNG.pngC3CUzkS.png

It's for 2,5 size or mk1 size?