[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

On 3/28/2017 at 3:58 AM, blackheart612 said:

And since Airplane Plus uses FS anyway, I think it's natural to discuss it here. I'm not sure how much work will be needed on fixing some of its features but I do know most of it, which I'll maybe post on github (which I'm bad at, the reason why I don't use it). But I think the most important thing in FS is its sound manager, needed to use an updated stock method. Aside from that, FSEngineBladed and FSEngine aren't working completely (and the latter not working with CoT function).

I'll see about taking a look at a few of those modules to see if there is anything I can help clean up/fix up.  Sounds at least shouldn't be too hard to fix.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:58 AM, blackheart612 said:

Also, probably a stupid question, is it possible for KSPWheels to be integrated to FS? Because I love it and I think it'd be amazing to have a coremod that's all packed in one so that people don't have to download/pack up different types of mods, and easier to update, too. Just look at B9 before (not sure now), it had a lot of dependency.

Doesn't seem likely.  They have vastly different feature sets and intended purposes.  And I'm not yet sold on FireSpitter; still looks like I'm going to have to develop my own propeller-engine related modules (FireSpitter airplane related modules and code really haven't been updated in 3+ years; some of that code is just.... wrong... so very wrong... like allocating 'new GameObject()' during every FixedUpdate...).  I'll still see about contributing a couple fixes for FireSpitter, because I already offered, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to use any of it personally (without rewriting most of it, which I don't think RD would accept anyway).

So... if you wanted to use KSPWheels, looks like you would have to bend your 'one plugin' rule a bit.

@Shadowmage Sounds fair enough to me. I can probably make landing gears from stock wheels, though. There's always that. I did consider splitting up the mod to have the wheels a separate download with only KSPWheels dependency but I thought it'd be a lot of work to split it up so, I'll stick to FS and stock for now. And if FS can't be fixed completely, I'm pretty sure people would be open for an alternative down the road.

@qromodynmc KSP mirroring is weird, so it will only work if it's facing forward. Which is the most likely choice of doing it. The real issue for me is if you tweak it with the rotate or move tool, the mirroring comes off. So putting it where it should be, facing forward should be a final decision.

3 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

@DarkOwl57 will upload to DB and share on my lunch break. Will require Aviation Cockpits, Mk2X, and Kerbal Foundries (I'll zip all them together when I upload it).

Question: what wings did you use for the main base? I'm thinking about making my own rendition of this plane, and I need to know. They look like the stock "Wing Type C", but I'm not sure

29 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Question: what wings did you use for the main base? I'm thinking about making my own rendition of this plane, and I need to know. They look like the stock "Wing Type C", but I'm not sure

I think you're correct, but I'm not at home right now. They're the 1x2m rectangle, and the outer third is the 1x2m wing panel with an angled bit that @blackheart612 added in one of the releases a bit back. The tail uses those same angled bits for the horizontal stabilizers, and then the little triangles for the vertical stabilizers, so if you straightened them out, it'd make a perfect triangle. The control surfaces are the big trapezoids for the verticals, and the little trapezoids for the horizontals and ailerons.

I'm horrible with the names of parts. I just know what they look like and about where to find what I need in each category. If you post screenshots of the parts grid, I'll circle which ones I'm talking about.

39 minutes ago, FlyHighAviator said:

@kiwinanday, thanks for the idea! Love that Alphajet (if you don't know it, google it) kind of design! I tried to make my own, but i havent figured out how to post images on this forum. 

Alphajet is one of my favorite planes, and was definitely an inspiration. I have this from 1.1.3, but it's broken now. May revive the intake/exhaust concept, though. Was working quickly before WoWS session. Also, use Imgur, and just open image in new tab, then copy+paste URL, and it'll auto-embed.

87WqoWrg.png

hiIp2cV.png

Edited by kiwinanday

8XnwNXS.png

The XK-43 "Crow". You like it? @kiwinanday It flies like a dream! Best trainer ive "manufactured". 

Also did an XK-51 "AWACS" and a patrol over the seas of kerbin. My AWACS are stationed at the island airfield...

Wb7oMZ8.png

hXbpT0K.png

And i've learnt to add images!!! :) 

Edited by FlyHighAviator
Forgot some text.

31 minutes ago, FlyHighAviator said:

Also did an XK-51 "AWACS" and a patrol over the seas of kerbin. My AWACS are stationed at the island airfield...

Wb7oMZ8.png

And i've learnt to add images!!! :) 

I guess your awacs carry passengers in his free time :P first time i see an awacs with passenger windows. :P

8 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

TGnDpah.png

I think I've got it in the order.

Left Middle-left Middle Middle-right Right
nul nul Cockpit nul nul
nul Intake Adapter Intake nul
Wing type C   Fuel   Wing type C
Aileron Airplane Plus flapy thingy Fuel (same as above) Airplane Plus flapy thingy Aileron
nul Engine (Juno) Adapter Engine (Juno) nul
nul nul Shortened Cone (Type B) nul nul
Triangle piece that I can't think of the name of, Wing Tip Wing Type something Bottom of cone (See above) Wing Type something Triangle piece that I can't think of the name of, Wing tip
Aileron Aileron nul Aileron Aileron
nul nul nul nul nul

That's basically showing the parts in a little grid diagram.

A way to fix the problem with the new VTOL rotors:

Istead of using Mirroring symmetry, use the Radial symmetry.

Note that it looks weird when you are about to place it but once you place it both of your engines will be pointing in the right direction :) 

Pinging @blackheart612

Didn't work, as seen below ;.;

Edited by Murican_Jeb

10 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 14.0

Here's the update at last after a while. Just like it says in the tin, the afterburning jets are now releaed and you also get to try a VTOL engine. As well as the Mk3 cockpit that's also a cargo bay! Formal changelog on the OP but I'll put it here anyway:

Added Mk3 Cargo Cockpit based on C-5 Galaxy

Added KT6C "Kitty" Turboshaft Engine, a tilt-rotor radial engine based on AW609, a VTOL Engine

Added J-85 "Tiger" Afterburning Turbofan based on F-5 Freedom Fighter/Tiger II, sized 0.625m

Added J-119 "Cheetah" Afterburning Turbofan based on F-22 Raptor

Added Nosecone Mk1 also based on the F-22 Raptor (@qromodynmc)

--

Fixed Mk1 Intake having reversed intakeTransform

--

Early engines now all have significantly more powerful stationary thrust

--

Enjoy! :) And don't forget to report back if there are issues.

zr9QbJ4.png

Edit: @TMasterson5

Thanks Ill get the tweakscale patch updated this weekend! Awesome stuff man

9 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

A way to fix the problem with the new VTOL rotors:

Istead of using Mirroring symmetry, use the Radial symmetry.

Note that it looks weird when you are about to place it but once you place it both of your engines will be pointing in the right direction :) 

Pinging @blackheart612

Tried that, but it only works if you're not attaching it to mirrored symmetry parts, which isn't possible on those wings.