[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

On 3/31/2017 at 5:13 PM, Citizen247 said:

@SSgt Baloo Well, that was more difficult than I was expecting... Anyway, I think these configs should work, as ever just copy paste the code into a text file in the gamedata folder with the .cfg extension. With these engines shouldn't splutter out until the craft is travelling much faster, way faster than possible under the power the engines provide, except in a steep dive. If there's any problems please let me know.

The only problem I experienced was resolved when I removed the '.txt' extension my text editor had "helpfully" added to the '.cfg' extension you specified. It works. Thanks! Now I can make that FR-1 homage without the engine sounding like it's gasping for breath all the @#$% time. :wink: 

Hey, i found a single problem, the new tiny afterburning engine is very hard to click, it only seems clickable on edge where it mounts, while majority of the part cannot really be clicked.
Absolutely loving the Mk3 cargo cockpit!

Okay so update on experimenting on landing gears. I'm stuck on how to make my animation work with ModuleWheelDeployment. It's imported and the Start Retracted in the GUI is there but for some reason, it won't deploy. And it's not that the animation doesn't play, it's stuck on Start Retracted. So I don't know what to do with it yet. If anybody knows, I'll be glad to know how to overcome that problem.

@Theglitchofthekraken From what I know, even with infinite fuel on, just like what qromodynmc said, there are problems in air intake sometimes.

@FlyHighAviator Based on my own experience, to prevent flip-overs, don't overdo the TWR. If it's too high, it's likely to flip over. That's why I recommend the plugin in the OP.

@Vladokapuh I shall fix it for the next release. Thanks for reporting the issue.

So I know I've been absent in here for a while, but I had some time this weekend, so I worked on the bellcockpit ASET version for a while. I think this is pretty close to final at this point.The one thing I couldn't figure out how to fit in were spoiler and flaps levers, but pretty much everything else you'd need for atmospheric flight is included now. I know some of you didn't like the idea of an asymmetric layout, but not only is this more functional, but I actually find it more pleasing to the eye, as well as closer to a real helicopter cockpit.

Spoiler

ucZlPVg.png

Ok, I had an idea for an engine: It would be embedded in a 2×2m wing panel, with inlet at the front, above and/or below the wing panel, and exhaust at the back, above and or below the wing panel, similar in concept to these:

hqdefault.jpg

619125main_ngc_original_4x3_full.jpg

de_havilland_comet_royal_air_force.jpg

With the new low-speed, high-lift devices, I'm hoping to build a flying wing that can be landed at reasonable speeds. My last build had obscenely high landing speeds. I'll do a sketch of what I'm thinking in a bit.

Edited by kiwinanday

6 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

Ok, I had an idea for an engine: It would be embedded in a 2×2m wing panel, with inlet at the front, above and/or below the wing panel, and exhaust at the back, above and or below the wing panel, similar in concept to these:

With the new low-speed, high-lift devices, I'm hoping to build a flying wing that can be landed at reasonable speeds. My last build had obscenely high landing speeds. I'll do a sketch of what I'm thinking in a bit.

You mean something like that?

i'd be nice i guess, it'd lead to some futuristic planes.

38 minutes ago, OldHentai said:

what I want is one of 1.25m large thrust turbojet engine, or just make the J85 compatible TweakScale.

I really liked the classic second generation fighter.

There are tweak scale patches made by players... Can someone give him the link?

32 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Small update, I've encountered personal issues in real life. I'll be back very shortly. No updates on development yet because of that though. I'm sorry about that.

Just do what you have to. IRL always takes priority over the internet.

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

Small update, I've encountered personal issues in real life. I'll be back very shortly. No updates on development yet because of that though. I'm sorry about that.

@blackheart612, I hope your issues are not too serious. As DarkOwl57 said IRL always takes priority over the internet. My thoughts are with you! :)