[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

1 hour ago, kiwinanday said:

There's already a great F-14 mod out there @uwotm8

No point reinventing the wheel.

I said that about the f18 cockpit but he made one anyway. :wink: 

Id like to see what he could do with one, but I think more to the point is he said he was pretty much done with working on 1.25 sized cockpits.

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Might be kewl to do an ejectable cockpit, like the F-111's:

https://gizmodo.com/the-f-111-aardvark-a-flying-transformer-with-a-four-ma-1509524515

The 1st video on that link shows how the cockpit ejects & rights itself...

Relevant video (Read the comments on the first one if you want to see commentary by people who worked on them.

This one has sound and gives some idea of how it was developed.

16 hours ago, mechanicH said:

@MrFancyPL if you look at the previous page you will see that someone has already created a AP tweak scale file. Or even look at the OP. First page you'll see a link. 

I use about 40 part mods that support tweakscale, this is literally the only one that requires a separate download.  Every other one has a config that comes bundled with the mod or with tweakscale.  I would suggest just adding a :NEEDS[TweakScale] to all the parts in the config and bundling it with the mod, will harm nothing and make it easier on everyone.  

46 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I use about 40 part mods that support tweakscale, this is literally the only one that requires a separate download.  Every other one has a config that comes bundled with the mod or with tweakscale.  I would suggest just adding a :NEEDS[TweakScale] to all the parts in the config and bundling it with the mod, will harm nothing and make it easier on everyone.  

And I'm pretty sure blackheart said he wasn't going to add "physical" tweakscale support to the mod so people continuing to ask about it being added after it being said that it won't be is just counterproductive. The cfg isn't hard to download or install so I don't understand the issue.

4 hours ago, eberkain said:

It already has an :NEED[TweakScale] flag.
and a :NEEDS[RemoteTech] for the other one, just saying.

@blackheart612 you are free to add my cfgs to the mod if you want

1 hour ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

It already has an :NEED[TweakScale] flag.

I just redownloaded from the link in the OP and this is what I see...  

***AERO***

@PART[stubbytinynose]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[smallwingConnector5]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[smallwingConnector4]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[smallwingConnector3]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[smallwingConnector2]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

LOL. I just think the C-5 cockpit we have right now is too narrow. 

I think that a C5 would make more sense as a 3.75 part because IRL its shape is round, though it is fine when using with the hollow 3.75 adapter from SXT