[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

53 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

We could really use an A380, or maybe an Antonov 225. :)

And that son, is where baby planes come from.

As an aside, SXT has a 225-ish "Osaul" cockpit and ramp and with some tweakscale you can get a good 225 from it. 

9 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

I still want flying boat parts.
mars-bomber-heli-jpg.jpg

You and me both, brother! I just wish I could use tweakscale on the floats that come with Lack's Stock Extension (SXT). That would solve most of my flying boat needs. :wink:

Edited by SSgt Baloo

10 hours ago, SSgt Baloo said:

You and me both, brother! I just wish I could use tweakscale on the floats that come with Lack's Stock Extension (SXT). That would solve most of my flying boat needs. :wink:

You mean this ?

conwing_l_16___sea_duck___by_kimura_shin

Edited by kiwinanday

Alright, I'm back from the dead. :P And although there are a lot of posts recently which I haven't replied to, I do read them. I'm just too lazy to address them one by one. I'll start going back to work soon, but I don't know what to pack with a single landing gear. I still haven't figured out how on earth stock gears animate, so unless I use an animation module instead, it's not gonna happen. I figured I'd just add two fixed gears and then move on for now to other parts.

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Alright, I'm back from the dead. :P And although there are a lot of posts recently which I haven't replied to, I do read them. I'm just too lazy to address them one by one. I'll start going back to work soon, but I don't know what to pack with a single landing gear. I still haven't figured out how on earth stock gears animate, so unless I use an animation module instead, it's not gonna happen. I figured I'd just add two fixed gears and then move on for now to other parts.

You could try using the KSP Wheels dependency from Kerbal Foundries, that might be easier and you could always ask the people running that mod how to set it all up!

42 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@TMasterson5 That's surely easier, but using another plug-in has been suggested quite often at this point. And as it stands (still) it's not going to happen in Airplane Plus. If I make parts with another plug-in dependency, I'll make it a separate mod.

Sad face is sad..........................

Outside of that though I have a request. Could you do a(and yes I know its already in other mods) F-35-ish line of parts. Cockpit, engine, weapons bay, etc... Ill even help you on it if you want, but youre the master of stock textures, and I am not at all.

@TMasterson5 I feel very antagonistic now. :P But I actually don't like the F-35 that much. I do like the F-22 though. If I made F-35 parts, I'd make them really expensive, and still be not that great. Because that's how it is.

Anyways, just like I said, pseudo-razorbacks, I added a halved 0.625 fuel tank, and two Mk0 tail booms as long as the regular stock ones, as well as the shortened ones. Their radial attachments aren't like the regular parts, half of the mesh clip inside and if you use the editing tools, you can shape your 'razorback' the way you want, kind of.

aY42Qn4.png

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@TMasterson5 I feel very antagonistic now. :P But I actually don't like the F-35 that much. I do like the F-22 though. If I made F-35 parts, I'd make them really expensive, and still be not that great. Because that's how it is.

Fair enough then. And Ill just go ahead and politely disagree with you on that second part before we get into a shouting match

@TMasterson5 Alright then, I'm just not sure which second part you're talking about, I'm gonna assume it's about the F-35 parts? Sorry about that, just a personal reason why I don't like it much.

--

Anyway, I don't know why I did this, but I did this anyway. It's a silly early landing gear. It has an unrealistic way of showing the suspension visually, but I found that it's the best way to make it. Well, it's there now. Probably the last gear I'm going to try for the next release, might come back after some time.

R3law5X.pngz82xy3Y.png

4 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

If I made F-35 parts, I'd make them really expensive, and still be not that great. Because that's how it is.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. Also, those wheels make this a necessity. Can I have some to test? I want to build my own Eindecker. For science.

Edited by kiwinanday

2 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

Also, those wheels make this a necessity.

I want to come up with an intuitive way to have an open cockpit with IVA, but it's impossible. So, well, that mod seems like it works well, so I guess if I just made the exact same feature, I'd just be duplicating it. :P 

1 minute ago, blackheart612 said:

I want to come up with an intuitive way to have an open cockpit with IVA, but it's impossible. So, well, that mod seems like it works well, so I guess if I just made the exact same feature, I'd just be duplicating it. :P 

The only way I can think of doing it would be to put a dummy kerbal in a normal command pod, like firespitter open cockpits. I'm not sure how you'd hide it in IVA though. I use that cockpit with take command which seems to work well enough.