[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

36 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

0.625m pre-cooler, nacelle, and tail connectors? TiA

Use Tweakscale and you can make your own in a few seconds.
They actually work very well as a .625m assembly.

3 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Use Tweakscale and you can make your own in a few seconds.
They actually work very well as a .625m assembly.

[Rolls eyes] Yes, I know that, but I don't like to use Tweakscale for stock or stock-alike things. Plus it would just be cool to have a tiny precooler so I don't feel like I'm cheating if I use one on a normal-size plane

45 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

[Rolls eyes] Yes, I know that, but I don't like to use Tweakscale for stock or stock-alike things. Plus it would just be cool to have a tiny precooler so I don't feel like I'm cheating if I use one on a normal-size plane

16 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

This isn't Tweakscale compatible :(

Pardon me.

50 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

I was working on a vtol recently, still needs bit more polishing but rather close to finishing.

I added tweakscale config for tilt rotor, since it's bit small and underpowered :)

Nice job! Would you consider sharing the craft file when you're finished? I'd love to fly that.

Hey, once you've dealt with IRL problems, would it be possible to add variants of mk1 and mk2 cargo bays without the doors at all?
Just a switch like with some engines, and the passenger doors, that would just remove them. Would be cool for open helicopters i think.

I remember reading in this thread @blackheart612 saying he didn't know how to do CLS integration. That was a while ago, since I was tired of making sure to set my APplus parts CLS in the editor manually all the time. (passenger door didn't work right all with CLS.) And since no else has stepped up. I give you.https://github.com/snkiz/DontPanic/releases/tag/0.1

really its an MM patch so here:

Spoiler

//author snkiz
//Licence Creative Commons
@PART[blah]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]{}
  MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
		impassablenodes = top
		surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
		passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
	}
}

//-----------------------CONNECTED LIVING SPACES SUPPORT---------------------------//
//Structural
@PART[airramp|passengerdoor|mk1cargodoor|mk1cargodoorjr|Mk1JuniorStructural|S2Structural]:FOR[AirplanePlus]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:BEFORE[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
		surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
		passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
	}
}

//Cockpits
@PART[airbuscockpit|bellcockpit|concordecockpit|falconcockpit|mk3galaxy|hipcockpit|oh6cockpit]:FOR[AirplanePlus]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:BEFORE[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
//0.625 Node while techincaly passable it not realistic and the IVA has no space for it anyway.
@PART[citationcockpit]:FOR[AirplanePlus]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:BEFORE[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
		impassablenodes = top
	}
}
//Fighter Cockpits except the falcon are to cramped to be passable
@PART[fightercockpit|fighterinlinecockpit|oldfightercockpit|zerocockpit]:FOR[AirplanePlus]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:BEFORE[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = false
	}
}
//Cabin
@PART[size2CrewCabin]:FOR[AirplanePlus]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:BEFORE[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

There's other stuff I use, like modular fuel tanks I'll probably get aroundtoit as well.

Enjoy!

On 2017-5-2 at 9:03 AM, qromodynmc said:

I was working on a vtol recently, still needs bit more polishing but rather close to finishing.

I added tweakscale config for tilt rotor, since it's bit small and underpowered :)

That... is... just... AWESOME! Such a cool idea and awesome craft!

On 4/29/2017 at 10:54 PM, DarkOwl57 said:

This isn't Tweakscale compatible :(

On 4/29/2017 at 11:10 PM, GDJ said:

Pardon me.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:38 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

Yes it is you just have to download the patch (it's in the OP)

Like @GDJ and @TheRagingIrishman(your name is ideal) said, I maintain a tweakscale patch for airplanes plus which is linked in the threads OP. Enjoy! :D

@FlyHighAviator There's no update, unfortunately, I am semi-active though. I'm basically hanging out with an old pal for a while, but in a few days, I'll likely be back. There are no more personal issues anymore as well, for a while now, actually. Hopefully nothing comes up anymore. As much as I'd like to hang out with people and stuff, I also would like to get some of this done.

While waiting for you to come, my mind will be busy with this rotor idea

search-and-resuce-samson.jpg

I think this would be better as an electric-powered engine, for smaller sized crafts.

Im still thinking about other uses for this engine but i'd like to hear your and other players opinions.

Edited by qromodynmc

By the way @blackheart612 I noticed while Doing the CLS thing, that most of the cockpits are labeled as Pods, and not Planes. I guess this makes sense for the helio cockpits but I don't see the logic for the plane cockpits. The Fighter ones don't even look space worthy. (I was was thinking about to how to make them not suitable for space, or at least reentry.)

Just wanted to say, loving the airplane parts! I made a jet-powered C-130-ish transport to haul my recovered Brumby capsules back to KSC:

OpgWcIC.png

The only thing that would be really nice is to have a 2.5m cargo bay/bomb bay and possibly a 2.5m cargo ramp. Thanks for making such a great part set. :)