[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

11 hours ago, Saran The Rapper said:

Hey guys, I'm quite sure that it's something on my part, but I cant manage to take off with the Vortex engine at all, and I was wondering whether you guys could help me out. 

I do admit that I have quite a number of mods installed:

Reveal hidden contents

[x] Science!

Airplane Plus

All Y'All

Alternate Resource Panel

Antenna Sleep

Audio Muffler Redux

Aviation Lights

B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings

B9 Animation Modules

Better Burn Time

Better Time Warp Cont.

Blackheart's Procedural Parts Textures :P

Blast Awesomeness Modifier

Chatterer + Ext.

Community Tech Tree

CraftHistory

Dated Quicksaves

DMagic Orbital Sci

Docking Port Alignment

EVA Enhancements Cont.

EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats

Final Frontier

Firespitter Core

Firespitter Resources Config

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages Cont.

Freedom Texs

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Impact!

Kerbal Engineer Redux

KSP AVC

MagiCore

Module Manager

ProceduralParts

MainSailor's Proc. Tex (Essentials)

RecoveryController

Science Relay

ShipSections Cont.

StageRecovery

Take Command Cont.

Texture Replacer

Trajectories

SETI Unmanned Before Manned

But I believe they don't interfere with any of Airplane Plus' resources.

Maybe it's the design of the plane? I tried to base it off of the P51 as much as possible. Granted, I don't know much about aircraft design other than the basics. 

The plane is composed of 2 procedural wings, 4 procedural control surfaces, 3 procedural fuel tanks, and 3 delta deluxe winglets. Maybe its the procedural wings that aren't generating any lift?

Here's an album of the plane:

Any ideas?

There is literally a merlin engine in AP+, why would you use vortex anyway?

2 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

Early career mode. Haven't unlocked that node yet. 

By the way, I've figured out that it's procedural wings not producing enough lift. I'll bring this over to them. Thanks for the help guys. 

13 hours ago, Saran The Rapper said:

Maybe it's the design of the plane? I tried to base it off of the P51 as much as possible. Granted, I don't know much about aircraft design other than the basics. 

6 hours ago, Skylon said:

God I love this mod.

[snipped]

Any chance you could add sideways versions of the structural wing d, it has something that has bugged me for a while in not being there. Should be in stock really. The structural wing A has a sideways version B, and the same with some of the wing connectors too

IIRC it did, it was called E or F or something? I remember using it in most of my early-career planes...

@Skylon I'm bad at descriptive text. If there was an illustration... well I'll check when I have time.

@qromodynmc Probably due to tech tree limitations. The merlin unlocks a node further.

@Saran The Rapper Not just the design, the engine itself is fairly weak. You likely need a lighter aircraft, more wings or something. :P 

@infinax Actually, speaking of...

UymUdaj.pngAMOm9Na.png

I just added this today, it's a 5 degree angle offset for the Mk1... Also stackable. So it goes 10 degrees if stacked twice, barely noticeable as well.

2 hours ago, Saran The Rapper said:

Early career mode. Haven't unlocked that node yet. 

By the way, I've figured out that it's procedural wings not producing enough lift. I'll bring this over to them. Thanks for the help guys. 

it's easy to make p-51 wings with stock parts, tho i dont know where they are in tech tree.

nWJJE1.jpg

it's easy to make p-51 wings with stock parts, tho i dont know where they are in tech tree.

nWJJE1.jpg

Excellent Replica!

Question: if I run the latest version on 1.2.2, will it work?

31 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Excellent Replica!

Question: if I run the latest version on 1.2.2, will it work?

Asking airplane plus right? Latest version is for 1.3, you need 1.2.2 compatible firespitter.dll for it, if you change dlls it'll work.

Hi, I'm absolutely loving these parts, but I really loathe to part my ways with Ferram right after it comes out for 1.2.2. Is there any way to make this work for 1.2.2. with some of the new cockpits? I have some old version at the moment but it's fairly limited.

I did what @qromodynmc suggested above, replacing the files associated but I am still experiencing crashes when the game starts loading the cockpits. The last few lines of the log to pastebin, let me know if you need any more.

I attempted to delete the airbuscockpit folder but it will just crash on the next bit.

10 hours ago, shynk said:

Hi, I'm absolutely loving these parts, but I really loathe to part my ways with Ferram right after it comes out for 1.2.2. Is there any way to make this work for 1.2.2. with some of the new cockpits? I have some old version at the moment but it's fairly limited.

I did what @qromodynmc suggested above, replacing the files associated but I am still experiencing crashes when the game starts loading the cockpits. The last few lines of the log to pastebin, let me know if you need any more.

I attempted to delete the airbuscockpit folder but it will just crash on the next bit.

I have latest ap+ running at 1.2.2, i can send mod folder over pm if you want, you can try that.

@shynk Try deleting Airplane Plus, if it still errors, it might be another mod. I just ported the latest version with a few fixes from 1.2.2.

While I'm here, I'd like people to know that I've managed to tone down the volume of the sounds from "deafeningly loud" to "just about stockalike loud" as well as improved some sounds but still working on it (it's a lot of sounds!)

@SpaceBadger007 Have you confirmed it's this mod? Remove AP+ and see if it loads alright.

@Kommodore The passenger door is really tightly packed (colliders and all), it's impossible to go out with just it. Though, with its length, it's not possible to get out due to KSP limitations as I've tested. You can put a structural fuselage junior between the cockpit and the passenger door to fix it. the length of both should be able to "fit" the required KSP size.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:08 PM, blackheart612 said:

@shynk Try deleting Airplane Plus, if it still errors, it might be another mod. I just ported the latest version with a few fixes from 1.2.2.

While I'm here, I'd like people to know that I've managed to tone down the volume of the sounds from "deafeningly loud" to "just about stockalike loud" as well as improved some sounds but still working on it (it's a lot of sounds!)

I appreciate that, but I kind of liked the deafeningly loud sounds - they really sold the feeling of sitting in a warbird cockpit with the whole thing rattling around you from the piston engine. Although I can just turn up the volume in settings. :wink:

I really should just load up and play with the mod next time I have free time, but that'll delay the cockpits even more!

so... I used the KT6-c to not make a v-22 and I have a few questions...

Screenshot%202017-07-14%2018.45.05.png

every part on this plane is basically a fuel tank.  the wings have fuel in them, every hull section other than the cargo ramp part are fuel tanks.  the bulges on the side of the hull are saddle tanks full of fuel.  all told this aircraft holds over 1K units of liquid fuel.  yet the Isp on these engines is such that this will only run them for about 1 hour.  my question is are these engines really this inefficient? or are the fuel tanks on this craft just very small volume wise.  as in reality an airplane with this much fuel on it would fly for days.  this much meaning this much of the aircraft dedicated to fuel, as each of these fuel tanks by over all volume may be only using something like 5% of the available volume for fuel.  but ya...  to get any sort of flight time on this airplane it needs to be so big the engines will no longer have enough thrust to lift it.

so is it a problem with the engine Isp, or a problem with the design of these fuel tank parts?

secondly in the action group setup I see 3 throttle options?  "Hover" "Cargo" and "Normal".  what are these and how do I use them?  I attached them to action groups 1, 2, and 3, but I did not see any change when I pressed those buttons.

and lastly could you maybe add the rotor folding function, so they fit inside my aircraft carrier better?  the rotating wing would be cool too, but even just folding rotors would be great.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Hey @blackheart612, do you think it would be possible to make a secondary model or a mesh switch for some of your propeller engines or your P-40 cockpit to be compatible with the firespitter fueslage parts?

Besides planes like the F4U Corsair or the F4F Wildcat, I'm pretty sure they aren't shaped like a barrel full of fish :P

On 7/14/2017 at 4:07 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

secondly in the action group setup I see 3 throttle options?  "Hover" "Cargo" and "Normal".  what are these and how do I use them?  I attached them to action groups 1, 2, and 3, but I did not see any change when I pressed those buttons.

"Hover is for when your engines are facing upward in "helicopter mode" and you want to hover.

"Normal" is basicaly when your engines are facing forward in "airplane mode" and you want to use normal thrust instead of hover thrust (pretty obvious though)

However, I do not know the "Cargo" option.

3 hours ago, Skylon said:

Biplanes, biplanes, with no-oh wi-indscreen
Flying super ma-achine
My word they are awesome (sing to tune of Narwhals swimming in the ocean)9foA6Ms.png

(Continuing the song)

Biplanes, biplanes, with no-oh wi-indscreen

Sometimes fi-ight, sometimes flight,

It'd make a Mustang run in fright!