[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

2 hours ago, BlueNightfury00786 said:

Will there ever be a FAR Patch for this mod? I run on 1.2.2 as 1.3.0 is buggy for me and the fact It's more favorable for me. Will there ever be a FAR Patch?

most parts work flawlessly with far (im using far since long time), only wing parts need patch (they still work but they dont have detailed settings) but im not sure how much effort is required for them to make them compatible.

13 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

most parts work flawlessly with far (im using far since long time), only wing parts need patch (they still work but they dont have detailed settings) but im not sure how much effort is required for them to make them compatible.

Thats why I asked for the patch, I would love to have more settings on the parts. And the fact it lets me be alittlebit more creative in my builds.

23 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

@blackheart612 just an idea, but have you thought of adding a tail where the diameter doesn't really decrease but the width does? Like this:  

Image result for bearcat plane

You can improvise by using B9 Aerospace Procedrual Wings, it works pretty well.

@Bit Fiddler Have you tested the craft aside from basing it from KE? Seems like nobody had an issue before that isn't encompassed by the low static thrust.

@Murican_Jeb Why don't you use Fantom Works? :P I tend to not focus on parts that are made already. That doesn't mean I will never make them, but even though you say you have an issue, that's still an alternative for now.

@SpaceBadger007 It's an idea that's been running on my mind for a while. I might implement it after the coming patch.

@qromodynmc Reminded me of a suggestion of his which I probably didn't make as exact as he suggested it. Considering it's curved anyway, I was quite sure it won't ever be modular so I just made the whole curved tail fin.
I also made a huge MiG type Delta Deluxe but I don't have a screenshot right now. These might be what's it for now, paired with the rotorwing fixes and I'll look for the Size 2 Cargo labels close and open as well as @v8Dave's report and a patch might be coming soonTM.

PniUVDy.png

13 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

hn8f4rd.png?1

Just some A6m2 Zeros I made, since it looks like I'm the only one (besides blackheart) that uses the WWII stuff :P

Nope, I just finished making a replica of my favourite WWII Warbird, the Hawker Typhoon.

Spoiler

Real life comparison (landing gear are sadly way too tall):

f36c9abdb9eec36ad7bc6f84bacc7cf9--hawker

TcBKUgW.jpg

3WyNW7q.jpg

48 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Nope, I just finished making a replica of my favourite WWII Warbird, the Hawker Typhoon.

Reveal hidden contents

Real life comparison (landing gear are sadly way too tall):

f36c9abdb9eec36ad7bc6f84bacc7cf9--hawker

TcBKUgW.jpg

3WyNW7q.jpg

Whoa, it's very rare that people make this plane. Nice work!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could you add WWII landing gear? Usally WWII landing gear have big wheels, such as:

P40PullingUpWheels.jpg

Notice how the wheel is larger than in stock landing gear.

20 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Just some A6m2 Zeros I made, since it looks like I'm the only one (besides blackheart) that uses the WWII stuff :P

Not so alone! I have small but slowly getting bigger ww2 craft base.

VMz33P.png

On 23 July 2017 at 5:43 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

Whoa, it's very rare that people make this plane. Nice work!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could you add WWII landing gear? Usally WWII landing gear have big wheels, such as:

Notice how the wheel is larger than in stock landing gear.

Those are Adjustable landing gear.

I only used them because they fold inwards towards the fuselage like the real Typhoon. Is there a mod for WWII landing gear?

Hey, from what I've read here, you do have an alternative for TCA linked and so on, but since I'm using TCA already on everything, and encountering other problems, could you please help me with the following issues:

KER doesn't display any data on the helicopter rotors, while on e.g. KAX it shows the data normally.

TCA flips the craft over, while with a similar rotor in the same position from KAX it doesnt create problems.

e.g. I make a helicopter thats stable on its own, but with TCA it flips over.

I really like the rotorwings and the way you've done everything, so do you have any recomendations, or should I simply get your stabilization mod?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Edited by SaelbenNoa

@SaelbenNoa Yep, TCA doesn't work with FSengine and FSenginebladed but the mod I linked on the OP works with it. Though if you're using 1.3, the rotors can hover on their own unless tandem rotor. Tandem rotors work with the said linked mod in the OP as well. It seems to be one of those lightweight mods so I suspect it won't affect load time that much.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:27 AM, blackheart612 said:

@Murican_Jeb I'd like to but I was never successful with animated landing gears perhaps when I decide to use KSPWheels, I might release a separate mod for that one.

--

Here's the "Advanced-Deluxe Winglet" as the tailfin.

xEc4d9h.png7GOcTOT.png

Oh my god.. After you release that part, could I pleeeeeeeeease have the KerbalX link? PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE!!

On 7/21/2017 at 8:37 AM, qromodynmc said:

Hmm, i'd like to see that as well..

btw, shameless self advertising;

Craft file?

Release 17

At last the update is out. Just like it says in the tin, sounds are at focus this time and lots of fixes as well thanks to people who reported them. I also added craft files on the OP, just click on the image and it will take you to the KerbalX page. I'll try updating for more when I have time. There's five for now. Here's the formal changelog, also available on the OP:

Added Delta-Advanced Winglet based on MiG-29 Tailfin

Added Basic Curve Winglet based on P-40 Warhawk Tailfin

Added Structural Fuselage Offset for Mk1 Bulkhead, can be used to slant body in 5 degree increments.

--

Adjusted all sounds from "defeaningly loud" to "just about stock volume"

Improved engine sounds for all rotorwings

Improved blade visuals of rotors to flare up when spinning with blur

--

Fixed power loss during hover in rotors

Fixed sound problem on the Gemini rotors

Fixed reversed "open" and "close" labels on Size 2 cargo parts

Fixed file not found exception due to bad error

Fixed tail rotors not working as intended

Video again because helicopters are fun:

monoyNE.png