[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

@theonegalen I will no doubt make parts that would fit those, then. I'm just not sure if I have the budget to buy anything. Still looking for a job at the moment and I appreciate my only one patron but I don't think the one dollar a month would be enough for a DLC. Hopefully I could borrow from my friends and get it. :wink:

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@fourfa I was under the impression that my IVAs are worse, actually. Stock ones has way better texture, well arranged interiors and you can actually see while in IVA. It's great that I might not be adding parts for Release 21, I want to tend to IVA as well. It's kind of an annoyance that female kerbals have lower eyes than male ones. And the fact that I base interior and the exterior in real life makes it difficult to fit a kerbals' huge head!

@Citizen247 I'm... confused. Is it fixed or is it not? It sounds like you fixed it :P 

Yeah the patch fixes it :-). I'll try and submit it to FAR.

18 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@MaverickSawyer I'm still investigating it, I'm suspecting that it's because of the small amount of actually dampening due to the size of the landing gear. Diagonal suspension isn't actually possible in stock KSP unless I'm missing something, so the wheels move instead and that kind of gives me a limitation on how much the suspension dampens. If I get to it, I'll try it with a new model, see what happens.

Issue also seems to be present in the slant gears. Nearly flipped my plane over while doing a takeoff run.

So, uh, I don't think the B-29 parts like me, especially the landing gear, they kinda...Blow up on landing if it's too heavy. Other than that, the K3350 Tempest engines have an almost unnatural amount of drag, is it the same with any other engines? (I was going to send a screenshot, but it won't work without minimum effort, sorry.) Oh BTW the Cockpit is fine, and I still love this mod :D

@blackheart612, have you looked to KSPWheel mod ?

It might be easier to solve issue using it and it's config files than only configs from stock game. My knowledge with it is very limited, though, can't help you much more than point you in that direction. Seems to me that all of reported issues with new landing gears comes due to various collider issues onm wheel mesh models.

Hey guys,

I'm currently running 1.3.1, I downloaded the latest version of this mod, installed it correctly, but in-game, only one new cockpit shows up. All other cockpits are missing as well landing gears and ALL aerodynamic parts. Most engines do appear, but the bulk of the content is missing. I don't know what to do!:(

-Sebastian

@theonegalen Thank you for your support in patreon! It's very much appreciated and will help a lot.

@YoloT47 There are no current plans to add any part for the next patch but I'll add that on the list to check out.

@MaverickSawyer The slant gears also have limited suspension dampening but I have a cunning plan that might solve it. For now, I'm fixing engine curves to remove the flaming out on modern and pre-modern engines when going too fast.

@Sebforce116 I understand what you're saying. Good spot, I totally forgot to balance out the ModuleWheelDamage configs and all the new wheels are subject to explode in smaller amounts of stress than they should be. I'm working as fast as I can with the configs and hoping to release ASAP but might take weeks.

@PapaAdrian Where is your AirplanePlus and Firespitter? They should be inside GameData. And GameData should be on the same folder with the .exe.

Just now, PapaAdrian said:

AirplanePlus are and Firespitter are both in GameData. I'm stumped! 

Check the contents of AirplanePlus. In the zip, there's the part deleter's guide, make sure all the folder and models are there. It's listed so it shouldn't be a problem.

5 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Check the contents of AirplanePlus. In the zip, there's the part deleter's guide, make sure all the folder and models are there. It's listed so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes! It works! I uninstalled the mods, reinstalled them, and dragged them into GameData independently of each other. Thank you for making such an incredible mod, my friend. :)

@Sebforce116 The cockpit shouldn't have a problem in aerodynamics, only the Tempest due to the fact that I forgot to put "Drag_Hidden" on the disc which is a very large un-aerodynamic plate.

@kcs123 I am aware, and shadowmage visited the thread a few times already. And as most people who have been here for a while are aware, firespitter will be the only dependency of AirplanePlus. Reasons are buried deep in the thread but it should be there.

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I am aware, and shadowmage visited the thread a few times already. And as most people who have been here for a while are aware, firespitter will be the only dependency of AirplanePlus. Reasons are buried deep in the thread but it should be there.

Ah, OK then. You are the one that do all that hard work, so you know what would suit better to this mod. To reduce dependency on other mods is always good and reasonable choice.
Thanks for creating this whole mod pack in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Hey @blackheart612 amazing mod, thanks for all your hard work in creating it. I just updated from Ver 19.0 to Ver 20.0 and i keep getting a crash on startup. ive looked at the log and it appears its your MK1 Intake possibly causing the issues.

Here's my output_log

Any ideas?

The log suggests at least that this is not your only mod. It crashed while in AirplanePlus but it could be a related mod. Probably a plug-in. Go ahead and remove this mod and see if issue persists. Or install only this mod and see if there are any problems.

I hate making suggestion to modders, but here goes.  Ever since we got the model kit wings in place of actual mk3 lego wings, I've been praying for such things to exist.  The Mk3 Expansion has some, but I'd love to get your take on them.

See.  Now I feel bad.  I should really make donations to my favorite modders.

Edited by klgraham1013

Maybe I should clarify.  I know you've done some.  I'd just love to see a large triangle delta wing, a large square piece, etc.  I guess there's the "Big S" Delta wing, but even that feels more prefab than lego.  I'd just love some Mk3 lego wings that all fit together like the original wings do.

Yes or no, thanks for the consideration and all the work you've done!

Edited by klgraham1013

@klgraham1013 I accept suggestions, it's what keeps the ideas flowing.  As long as there's no repetitive requests and people know some parts can't be or immediately be added, all is well and I appreciate ideas. And I appreciate the donation :) I have long wanted Mk3 parts but they're kind of hard to manage in terms of space and scale for a kerbal. Eventually, we'll get there and I might do aerodynamic parts for such, so I'll look into it.

Hey, would it be possible to set prop engines to produce very very low power a bit over their speed limit just so they dont immediatelly go out?
Say if the speed is 160m/s, it would do 0.1kN upto 200m/s. 
It can get really silly with engine going out and immediatelly back up in level flight, especially with far, or when diving just a little bit. That low power wont really pull you anywhere, but would make it sound and look better with engines going quiet only way over their limits.

2 hours ago, Vladokapuh said:

Hey, would it be possible to set prop engines to produce very very low power a bit over their speed limit just so they dont immediatelly go out?
Say if the speed is 160m/s, it would do 0.1kN upto 200m/s. 
It can get really silly with engine going out and immediatelly back up in level flight, especially with far, or when diving just a little bit. That low power wont really pull you anywhere, but would make it sound and look better with engines going quiet only way over their limits.

It can't, unfortunately, the minimum power it can be set with is a 0.1 multiplier for the power. So let's say it has 40kN of thrust, it will be (40 x 0.1 =) 4kN minimum. Any lower than that (0.09 - 0.01 multiplier) and it will flameout. But I said on a few posts above that I'm working on this and testing on Pre-Modern and Modern props. I might just increase the speed at which the flameout happens in Early engines but I'm working on it and will be available next patch.

Ideally, you would want the engine to never be able to achieve flameout speed, but since KSP's code was originally meant for rocket and later jet engines, this is difficult.

Wait, doesn't @moduleenginesFX have a flameout field? What happens if you set that to 0.01? Errors?

Edited by theonegalen

On 1/24/2018 at 5:59 AM, blackheart612 said:

@fourfa I was under the impression that my IVAs are worse, actually. Stock ones has way better texture, well arranged interiors and you can actually see while in IVA. It's great that I might not be adding parts for Release 21, I want to tend to IVA as well. It's kind of an annoyance that female kerbals have lower eyes than male ones. And the fact that I base interior and the exterior in real life makes it difficult to fit a kerbals' huge head!

Actually I didn't mean the IVA, props, etc.  I mean the cutaway view - the little dot next to the crew portraits that makes windows transparent.  Lots of the stock ones have strange behavior, like showing through to the opposite side of solid parts, sometimes inconsistently like only an edge.  The APP cutaways are so good I just want the cutaway view to be on by default!