[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

22 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

It can't, unfortunately, the minimum power it can be set with is a 0.1 multiplier for the power. So let's say it has 40kN of thrust, it will be (40 x 0.1 =) 4kN minimum. Any lower than that (0.09 - 0.01 multiplier) and it will flameout. But I said on a few posts above that I'm working on this and testing on Pre-Modern and Modern props. I might just increase the speed at which the flameout happens in Early engines but I'm working on it and will be available next patch.

Cool, good to know :)

@theonegalen I saw flameoutBar and machLimit in ModuleEnginesFX and it works, actually. I'm going to implement it now on the test development :) 

@fourfa Yeah, for some reason they kind of want to show off the whole IVA instead of a window view which is kind of unfortunate.

@Giossepi I'm not sure if the RPM patch is inline with the new release of APP. And I'm sure my next release will break it. I don't inherently support RPM so it's a user made patch.

@[INDO]dimas_1502 It's the same problem with the lack of distance to dampen and probably with the landing craft moving around the water, not helping that. I'll be trying to fix all the no low dampening suspensions in my current development.

45 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@[INDO]dimas_1502 It's the same problem with the lack of distance to dampen and probably with the landing craft moving around the water, not helping that. I'll be trying to fix all the no low dampening suspensions in my current development.

no no it also happens in the ground
the ship is in static condition, parked with AirPark

@[INDO]dimas_1502 If you browse a page back, you'll see that the issue persists while on land as well.

---

What I've been busying with for a while:

ahMKDFl.pngP3MPRLv.pngkLFxSVt.png

As such, the Mk1 Non Commercial Cockpit will be getting a major facelift to accommodate these new features:

hDF2uN0.pngdzirbwn.png

The other seats are used here (as well as new IVA props that also work):

Spoiler

RS0pHDt.pnghC6BcWT.png

On 2/1/2018 at 10:18 PM, theonegalen said:

Lovely! I especially like the rudder pedals prop! Been wanting someone to make that for a while.

It's actually a feature from firespitter. I just made the pedals from stock models, traced them, reduced a few polygons, made with own textures, then configure them to work like that. Even the stick is from the stock design as well. The pre-modern style pedals and stick however, are stock-alike firespitter ones.

I've been trying to find a good Mi-8 recently. How many good (i.e. good-looking, well-flying, NOT made of dozens of mods and hundreds of parts) versions of this immensely popular helicopter do you think I've found? Not a whole lot.

So I made my own one and I dare say it's at least half decent in all respects. Made by a novice, sure, but it looks nice, it flies better than a brick and won't be too hard on your computer.

https://kerbalx.com/TK-313/Mi-8

WPKWQSv.jpg

aC9XGIF.jpg

mcdTtOx.jpg

hYpPAjw.png

FwR0vX1.jpg

Edited by TK-313

On 2/1/2018 at 7:52 AM, blackheart612 said:

What I've been busying with for a while:

As such, the Mk1 Non Commercial Cockpit will be getting a major facelift to accommodate these new features:

@blackheart612 The changes look great. My only complaint with your current IVAs is that the airspeed indicator is obstructed in the current MK1 non-commercial cockpit.

The lip on the dashboard covers the airspeed indicator. This happens with and without RPM.

Here's a link to a screenshot on Imgur displaying this behavior. I've placed a red box around the airspeed indicator to illustrate what I mean. You can also see that the navball is improperly centered when using the latest version of RPM. I have included a screenshot of that as well in the album, and it is also visible in the screenshot below.

tnKZCIv.png

@YoloT47 It will be available on the next release. Anyway, I'm taking requests but don't expect them to actually be added or at least be added immediately. Keep in mind everybody else also put in requests before you. And as you saw, no new parts are going to be added either on the next patch.

@CrisK I'm actually not sure how old the RPM patch is. At this point, the default has a lot more props and the navball isn't even navball anymore as they're mostly for atmosphere anyway. Here's the latest (extended revision) Mk1 Non-commercial cockpit.

hkYRNjJ.png

37 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@CrisK I'm actually not sure how old the RPM patch is. At this point, the default has a lot more props and the navball isn't even navball anymore as they're mostly for atmosphere anyway. Here's the latest (extended revision) Mk1 Non-commercial cockpit.

Edit: I just saw your reply. Thank you for the update! :D

Edited by CrisK

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@YoloT47 It will be available on the next release. Anyway, I'm taking requests but don't expect them to actually be added or at least be added immediately. Keep in mind everybody else also put in requests before you. And as you saw, no new parts are going to be added either on the next patch.

Ok, thanks a lot blackheart! :cool:

3 hours ago, YoloT47 said:

That helps a lot! Thanks! :D

Also, when around is the new patch going to be applied?

Not sure yet, hoping it's somewhere around the corner, mostly fixes anyway. It's a lot of work but it's quicker when I'm not making new parts. Which is why I'm focusing on it right now.

On 2018-01-27 at 9:48 AM, blackheart612 said:

It can't, unfortunately, the minimum power it can be set with is a 0.1 multiplier for the power. So let's say it has 40kN of thrust, it will be (40 x 0.1 =) 4kN minimum. Any lower than that (0.09 - 0.01 multiplier) and it will flameout. But I said on a few posts above that I'm working on this and testing on Pre-Modern and Modern props. I might just increase the speed at which the flameout happens in Early engines but I'm working on it and will be available next patch.

I've been experimenting with the .cfg file for the 0.625m turboprop and it is possible to reduce/eliminate the flameout of the engine beyond 170 m/s. 
Basically I tried cutting and pasting a simpler velocity curve from a KAX engine (no negative values) and the engine will keep going past 300 m/s. Of course it doesn't have the power to go that high but it's possible to go faster than 170 and no flame out.

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Not sure yet, hoping it's somewhere around the corner, mostly fixes anyway. It's a lot of work but it's quicker when I'm not making new parts. Which is why I'm focusing on it right now.

Cool :cool: