[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

@TK-313 I doubt it, I doubt the use of those in KSP. The ramps always have a use. As such, bay doors like that are probably not going to happen. A close alternative would be the bay doors of a chinook which has ramps.

@GDJ Yes it actually is, it always was but the consequence is the props are severely nerfed to avoid overspeeding. I initially made this planes to be at least a good option compared to jets. Of course, there are powerful turboprops now. I've done pre-modern and modern already while avoiding a great reduction in power (making it more powerful than real life due to size and weight differences). I'm planning to just reduce the flameout of the early engines but it might remain on higher speeds just for intentional purposes.

@blackheart612: I've installed the mod yesterday, but noticed that for some parts, I do not manage to get them the right orientation, they flip on the opposite direction, especially the tilt-rotor engine :huh:

Have you heard of such bug before? It's nearly impossible to show it with screenshots, but i can try to record it.

Edited by ndiver

4 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@GDJ Yes it actually is, it always was but the consequence is the props are severely nerfed to avoid overspeeding. I initially made this planes to be at least a good option compared to jets. Of course, there are powerful turboprops now. I've done pre-modern and modern already while avoiding a great reduction in power (making it more powerful than real life due to size and weight differences). I'm planning to just reduce the flameout of the early engines but it might remain on higher speeds just for intentional purposes.

Hey, no complaints from me. Personally I love what you did and have done.

I do have some questions on the .cfg files for the prop engines. PM me when you have the chance.

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@ndiver yes, on a specific release, the KT6C had a bug where it was impossible to get to the right orientation but that was fixed and problem only exists on that only release. Otherwise, all the parts are difficult to mirror but there's a correct orientation to make them mirror properly.

I got my files from CKAN. Is the bugged release on it? I reinstalled it using files from SpaceDock, let see if it solve the issue :)

Edited by ndiver

1 hour ago, stuChris said:

(not using the newest version of the mod yet) so after many moons i have finally gotten back to KSP and AirplanePlus, and with the Help of Textures unlimited (and NKD) i have this!
https://imgur.com/a/RG5TR

WOW. TU is definitely going on my install list once I get a better computer.

Release 21

This release does not contain much in terms of contents but it contains a lot of work in terms of input due to config changes for all prop engines and the amount of testing. Of course it still doesn't mean it's perfect and I also did some hocus pocus on certain parts of the curve to achieve my goals and balance the power and everything else while still reducing or removing the flameouts. While I'm at it, I added IVA parts and a major revision of the Mk1 Non-commercial cockpit as well as the reduction of bouncing on landing gears. The last release's landing gears should be able to take more weight now. Here's the changelog, also available on the OP. Nothing much to see but I might upload a craft when I get the time. It should use the new Mk1 Non-commercial cockpit. This WILL break user made RPM configs for Mk1 Non-commercial cockpit!

Rebalanced all of the prop engines to reduce or remove flame out at high speeds

Power of prop engines have been increased/decreased accordingly

Reduced bouncing for diagonal and small gears, deploying and fixed alike

Balanced the amount of weight Release 20 landing gears can handle

Redesigned Mk1 Non-Commercial Cockpit

Minor Redesign for Mk1/Mk2 Caged, Viewer's, and Non-Commercial Cockpit IVAs

-

Added Seat_Eject IVA prop based on various ejection seats

Added Seat_Fighter IVA prop based on P-51 mustang cockpit seat

Added Seat_Leather IVA prop based on various helicopter seats

Added Seat_Control IVA prop based on a firespitter prop for pre-modern planes but stockalike features yaw, pitch and yaw control animation

Added Seat_Pedal IVA prop based on the stock pedal, features yaw control animation

Added controlstick IVA prop based on stock control stick features pitch and roll animation

Added helistick IVA prop based on stock control stick and helicopter sticks, features pitch and roll animation

Enjoy and report back if there are problems! :)

It's a good thing I hadn't gotten around to starting the Mk1 Non-commercial cockpit IVA, or finishing the Mk1/0 Caged cockpit IVAs!

Those props are going to be greatfor me, and I appreciate you allowing the redistribution of your artwork.

Hopefully the new setup for the propeller engines won't bork the place I gave them in my at-home tech tree too much. I look forward to testing them all out again. :D

Edited by theonegalen

@memeconnoiseur Well, I'm not too interested in making a cockpit which looks almost the same, that's a given. There's the option of making a mesh switch for the existing cockpit. There's a problem, though, IVAs don't get mesh switched. There will be some customization I might need to do to make that possible. So let's see in the future.

@DownHereInChile They aren't really meant to be tweaked much, so they function as they come out of the part catalog. Increasing the steering response just makes the craft out of control anyway. So let's leave it at that. Those are firespitter functions that I took advantage of anyway. But I did say thr state is better for hover than thr keys a lot of posts back which now I forgot to explain how it really works... I'll pull it up when I see it.

@theonegalen The changes aren't too drastic, just a little noticeable. Redistribution of the props? Well, you already asked permission, didn't you? So yeah, you're already allowed. :P Though, it also needs to have AirplanePlus installed anyway, which can't be redistributed as a whole.

13 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@theonegalen The changes aren't too drastic, just a little noticeable. Redistribution of the props? Well, you already asked permission, didn't you? So yeah, you're already allowed. :P Though, it also needs to have AirplanePlus installed anyway, which can't be redistributed as a whole.

I meant no insult, of course, I was only referring to the license included in the OP. If you would rather me not include them in my next versions of Warbird Cockpits, I will not. :)

By the way, I really love the way the pedals depress when I set the parking brake!

Edited by theonegalen

I can't believe I just noticed in the OP your Aeris 2A. Is that based on the Sanka Mk.B or the Kyūshū J7W1?

Edit: looking at it again, it looks more like the XP-55. But I recommend checking out the Sky Crawlers series for some really unique prop plane designs.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

@theonegalen Actually, it's still covered by the NoDerivatives license but I have to put an exception to make it just give credit instead as I'm fine with its redistribution. Maybe I should just release a separate IVA props only pack with a different license? Though why would you download these props if there are RPM and ASET already, right? :P

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 It's based off the XP-55, yes. Though I'm aware of the Shinden as well. But like I said, the designs come from testing rather than actually playing KSP.

I'm 

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Though why would you download these props if there are RPM and ASET already, right? :P

The seats and controls are excellent! No other mod has any that compare. There are firespitter's controls, of course, but that isn't in active development.

Have you thought about a B-29 style yoke prop?  It would complete the Superfortress cockpit rather nicely.

11 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I'm 

The seats and controls are excellent! No other mod has any that compare. There are firespitter's controls, of course, but that isn't in active development.

Have you thought about a B-29 style yoke prop?  It would complete the Superfortress cockpit rather nicely.

Sure did. Though, I was running out of ideas on how to make it stockalike as well so I put forth what I could do but I still have a few IVA props in mind. Hopefully I can get to it somewhere in the future. Or maybe soonTM

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@memeconnoiseur Well, I'm not too interested in making a cockpit which looks almost the same, that's a given. There's the option of making a mesh switch for the existing cockpit. There's a problem, though, IVAs don't get mesh switched. There will be some customization I might need to do to make that possible. So let's see in the future.

@DownHereInChile They aren't really meant to be tweaked much, so they function as they come out of the part catalog. Increasing the steering response just makes the craft out of control anyway. So let's leave it at that. Those are firespitter functions that I took advantage of anyway. But I did say thr state is better for hover than thr keys a lot of posts back which now I forgot to explain how it really works... I'll pull it up when I see it.

cool

I just played with R21 installed and I have to say the remodelled Mk1 non-commercial cockpit is very nice!

Craft update
Sparrowlance Mk3

---

xAD5uAI.png

---

Now available in KerbalX for your hangar!
Click image or same image in the Original Post to go to page

Default Features:

NO SAS Torque · NO Vectoring Engines

Full set of flaps · Airbrake Mechanism

Super maneuverable · Short Take-Off and Landing