[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

With the recent addition of Mk3 size 1 parts, it would be great to get updated or alternate versions of some of the early 20th century props in Mk3. It would also be great if the Mk1 caged cockpit was also in Mk3. Not only would it add accuracy (example below), it'd also make Mk3 size 1 less barren without having to add new parts.

Example:

Spoiler

Current engines (Specifically the Early and Pre-modern engines):

fmzOCaR.jpg

Real life counterpart examples (P-51, Bf 109, and SPAD XIII):

300px-North_American_P-51D_EG-0068-01.svOrthographically projected diagram of the Bf 109 G-6.220px-Spad_XIII_3_vues.jpg

I was thinking a cool idea for the next set would be one that is 0.625 wide and 1.25 tall.  Since this would be a fixed downscale of the recently added one it would be easy to make.

Does Airplane Plus support FAR?

I’m reinstalling KSP, and I’m sure I used to use FAR and Airplane Plus together back in KSP 1.2.

But just looking at the FAR thread now, and there seems to be a problem with Airplane Plus using FAR, but it’s not clear what the problem is...

Is Airplane Plus supposed to be able to work with FAR? Or am I wrong in thinking they’ve been compatible?

D

12 hours ago, Cooper42 said:

Does Airplane Plus support FAR?

I’m reinstalling KSP, and I’m sure I used to use FAR and Airplane Plus together back in KSP 1.2.

But just looking at the FAR thread now, and there seems to be a problem with Airplane Plus using FAR, but it’s not clear what the problem is...

Is Airplane Plus supposed to be able to work with FAR? Or am I wrong in thinking they’ve been compatible?

D

On paper, No. In practice; kind of.

They dont create bugs and problems, they work like every other parts, wings generate lift, cockpits dont create absurd drag etc. Only issues i've is (i've been using them with far for a long time) control surfaces dont have configuration options like aoa and stuff, they're in very basic state, i think they dont stall like stock parts either. That's one of the reasons why i dont use control surfaces as long as i dont have to.

But when you create planes like this, Airplane plus is a must, you cant do it without it.

screenshot29.jpg

@GrubbyZebra Sorry for the trouble while I was away. Couldn't sleep and fatigued so I took the week off of KSP modding.

@Mathrilord It's radial only so it has no nodes. I should disable it from being used as a first part.

@Airomod That's a bit of a broad topic. Add-on Development subforum has a lot of info regarding it. Majority use blender because it's free (It's part of my modding process too) then Unity.

@Nightguard I suppose it will work since it's not a major update and just a change in 1.4.

@Trevisan Hmmm. It was a concern for me too, actually. I just remembered. I'm gonna go check on it.

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 I kinda forgot about it. I'll try finding it and upload it when I can :P 

22 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@GrubbyZebra Sorry for the trouble while I was away. Couldn't sleep and fatigued so I took the week off of KSP modding.

@Mathrilord It's radial only so it has no nodes. I should disable it from being used as a first part.

@Airomod That's a bit of a broad topic. Add-on Development subforum has a lot of info regarding it. Majority use blender because it's free (It's part of my modding process too) then Unity.

@Nightguard I suppose it will work since it's not a major update and just a change in 1.4.

@Trevisan Hmmm. It was a concern for me too, actually. I just remembered. I'm gonna go check on it.

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 I kinda forgot about it. I'll try finding it and upload it when I can :P 

@blackheart612 it was no trouble at all.

@blackheart612 I have been having problems installing.  I am playing on Mac through steam.  When I put the Airplane Plus gamedata in the KSP gamedata, only the mk 3 cargo cockpit, the cargo doors, and the engines are in the game, but the engines have no sound.  When I put the gamedata in the Ksp root folder, and none of the parts are in the game. 

How can I fix this? What could I be doing wrong?  

Anyone's suggestions are appreciated,

@kerbalaviator Make sure you purge your gamedata folder of anything to do with Airplane Plus before you try to install it. You could copy the content of the gamedata folder in the download into the gamedata folder of the ksp install, and see if that works. Dropping the gamedata inside gamedata does not work properly because it messes up all the paths in the config.

@neistridlar Thanks for the help! I've been trying to get this mod to work for almost three months.  So glad to finally have it fully installed.

One problem:  all of the mod landing gear bounce really high upon spawning on the runway.  I have played with the spring and damper settings, but have gotten nowhere.  Any more advice?

Edited by kerbalaviator