[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

Release 24

Probably not anticipated, but here's a new release which, surprisingly, actually contains more than I would have though. I was out for a bit, doing other art stuff, but most of all, seeking to play KSP again. And I waited until I wanted to pick KSP again and play - which I did. And I was disappointed by lack of flight for my early career. Thus, the changes mostly reflect it. I have yet to test it in my own save.

Extra bit of story, AirplanePlus was first made because I wanted the parts in my own save which KAX couldn't put in when I asked Keptin. I ended up making the parts I wanted and actually not able to play KSP in the process. I enjoyed modding though, but lately I saw my decline in quality (which wasn't spectacular in the first place) and I realized I was losing my original vision so the off time was for me to recollect my thoughts. I don't know if I have yet recalled it, but we're carrying on when I feel like i have something. Here's the changelog!

Added MK3S1 Cockpit based on Cessna 152 and Best off Skyranger
Added L K-235 "Cat" Turboprop Engine based on 152 and 182 Skylane
Added Mk3S1 Crew Cabin
Added Mk3S1 Nosecone
Added Mk3S1 Adjustable Ramp Intake, a based off the stock one
Added Mk3S0 Nosecone

-

Added Angled Wing Connector A*
Added Angled Wing Connector B*
Added Angled Wing Connector C*
Added Angled Wing Connector D*
*angled 5 degrees

-

Added experimental Mk3SX variant for*
J-119 "Cheetah" Afterburning Turbofan (Raptor Jet Engine)

-

Added Pontoon and Pontoon-Mk3S options for*
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

-

Resized FAT-T3R Aeroplane Main Wing (C-130 wing)
Resized RR K56 "Titan" Turboprop Engine (C-130 engine)

-

Adjusted various tech tree nodes, allowing earlier flight*
*Includes rotors and wing parts

-

Fixed KS-FAT-29 Huge Landing Gear with wrong turning animation

-

Modified some landing gear values (some still bouncy, mostly not my fault)

----

Also, I'm stuffing way too much pictures in the OP now, I'm sorry, I love them all.

ASDwXCS.pnguI4Cbyi.pngO1xQPqC.png

No 5th gen parts yet, but one day... one day. So the second (and third) picture actually has no craft files. I have yet to make the parts to complete the craft. That one is a prototype build to give me ideas (which I do now, but I already projected what to make next) :) 

Also, I know the Kingfisher Mk1 looks tame, but it's supposed to be a chill, early game craftable plane that looks decent, which I enjoyed cruising around the shores near KSC. I was so immersed. I hope whosoever pilots feel the same and you all enjoy.

VQBPFdh.png

@blackheart612 Thanks for the extra Mk3S1 pieces, I am very fond of using them in preference to circular tubes for small aircraft because it just feels nicer.

One comment: I already use JetSoundsContinued to fix the awful engine noises; it would be nice if you made your included patch disabled by default, and/or mentioned it somewhere in the documentation.

Edited by JH4C

1 hour ago, JH4C said:

@blackheart612 Thanks for the extra Mk3S1 pieces, I am very fond of using them in preference to circular tubes for small aircraft because it just feels nicer.

One comment: I already use JetSoundsContinued to fix the awful engine noises; it would be nice if you made your included patch disabled by default, and/or mentioned it somewhere in the documentation.

Alright, I added it on the FAQ instead. Here it is:

How do I disable the sound patch for stock engines?

The sounds are in AirplanePlus/Sounds/Patch, simply delete the folder.

@blackheart612 me again, sorry. I can't help but wonder if the Wing Connectors Type G/H and J/K are working as intended. Although the parts are rotated implying that they're meant for attaching in different orientations, if you use the switch to toggle them from Regular to Adapt Mk2 the same end of both parts changes thickness, meaning that there's no functional difference. Shouldn't the other edge become thicker? For example, Type G/H is the small oblong; currently, they both become thicker along their longer axis when switched to Adapt mk2. Shouldn't one of these become thicker along its shorter axis instead? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

12 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 24

Probably not anticipated, but here's a new release which, surprisingly, actually contains more than I would have though. I was out for a bit, doing other art stuff, but most of all, seeking to play KSP again. And I waited until I wanted to pick KSP again and play - which I did. And I was disappointed by lack of flight for my early career. Thus, the changes mostly reflect it. I have yet to test it in my own save.

Extra bit of story, AirplanePlus was first made because I wanted the parts in my own save which KAX couldn't put in when I asked Keptin. I ended up making the parts I wanted and actually not able to play KSP in the process. I enjoyed modding though, but lately I saw my decline in quality (which wasn't spectacular in the first place) and I realized I was losing my original vision so the off time was for me to recollect my thoughts. I don't know if I have yet recalled it, but we're carrying on when I feel like i have something. Here's the changelog!

Added MK3S1 Cockpit based on Cessna 152 and Best off Skyranger
Added L K-235 "Cat" Turboprop Engine based on 152 and 182 Skylane
Added Mk3S1 Crew Cabin
Added Mk3S1 Nosecone
Added Mk3S1 Adjustable Ramp Intake, a based off the stock one
Added Mk3S0 Nosecone

-

Added Angled Wing Connector A*
Added Angled Wing Connector B*
Added Angled Wing Connector C*
Added Angled Wing Connector D*
*angled 5 degrees

-

Added experimental Mk3SX variant for*
J-119 "Cheetah" Afterburning Turbofan (Raptor Jet Engine)

-

Added Pontoon and Pontoon-Mk3S options for*
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

-

Resized FAT-T3R Aeroplane Main Wing (C-130 wing)
Resized RR K56 "Titan" Turboprop Engine (C-130 engine)

-

Adjusted various tech tree nodes, allowing earlier flight*
*Includes rotors and wing parts

-

-

Modified some landing gear values (some still bouncy, mostly not my fault)

----

Also, I'm stuffing way too much pictures in the OP now, I'm sorry, I love them all.

ASDwXCS.pnguI4Cbyi.pngO1xQPqC.png

No 5th gen parts yet, but one day... one day. So the second (and third) picture actually has no craft files. I have yet to make the parts to complete the craft. That one is a prototype build to give me ideas (which I do now, but I already projected what to make next) :) 

Also, I know the Kingfisher Mk1 looks tame, but it's supposed to be a chill, early game craftable plane that looks decent, which I enjoyed cruising around the shores near KSC. I was so immersed. I hope whosoever pilots feel the same and you all enjoy.

VQBPFdh.png

I like the new resized c130 "Titan" engine changes you added to the update, the other new parts are great too! :D

Edited by Audiobotguy03

3 hours ago, JH4C said:

@blackheart612 me again, sorry. I can't help but wonder if the Wing Connectors Type G/H and J/K are working as intended. Although the parts are rotated implying that they're meant for attaching in different orientations, if you use the switch to toggle them from Regular to Adapt Mk2 the same end of both parts changes thickness, meaning that there's no functional difference. Shouldn't the other edge become thicker? For example, Type G/H is the small oblong; currently, they both become thicker along their longer axis when switched to Adapt mk2. Shouldn't one of these become thicker along its shorter axis instead? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Nope, only on the longer edge when I added them. In hindsight, I should have width-wise too :P 

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 If only I could dev fast enough... I do want bigger parts though.

@commanderbunbun That's an existing cockpit already. Technically, that jet I posted is already doable, I just want a new cockpit and some more parts.

8 hours ago, CS30 said:

The mod still isn't working for me. I have 1.4.3 and only the prop engines and one cockpit. Someone suggested that the problem is the folder structure in game data, but I don't know what that means.

The latest version of this mod is for KSP 1.4.4 and 1.4.5. You'll need a older version of this mod to work with 1.4.3. or update your KSP game to a newer version.

9 hours ago, CS30 said:

The mod still isn't working for me. I have 1.4.3 and only the prop engines and one cockpit. Someone suggested that the problem is the folder structure in game data, but I don't know what that means.

In its simplest form, you installed it wrong. The easiest way is to just open the .zip, there is a single folder inside that, drag the GameData into the main KSP folder where there is also a GameData, not INSIDE GameData, but the folder where the GameData is at. I commented that you may have unpacked the zip into a folder named after the zip, because my GameData folder isn't Airplane_Plus-22, so if you read back, I stated it on the last page.

9 minutes ago, Oneiros said:

Nice mod. Do you have any plans on adding some tiny air breathing engines (and a fuel tank) in the 0.35m size? I've been looking for some so players can start with small unmanned drones in Unmanned Tech. The best I found was the vintage props from KAX.

0.35 is a non-existent bulkhead in KSP, so probably not (though Mk3SX and Mk2H are arguably the same, but they're basically like modified regular bulkheads). But in terms of the earliest flight, I am unsure if it will happen, but just to share, I made mock tests of a wright flyer design. Also thinking of a way to make use of the stock parts to blend in with. Currently on hold for priority parts, though. Until I find a eureka moment for it, that is.

2 hours ago, Oneiros said:

Ok. I wanted something that comes before the stock 0.625m jet engine. Even a 0.625m propeller engine would be good. I had a look at your latest update, and the only 0.625m engine I found was the "Kitty." It seems a bit too powerful to start the game with. I did like the smaller control and lifting surfaces though, they will be very useful in the beginning. 

The newest patch adds a weaker 0.625 engine.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:21 AM, blackheart612 said:

Release 24

Cool, thank you! I have a tendency to make giant spaceplanes, and I use those a lot. I messed around with the .cfg to see if I could fix it myself, but it turns out I don't know what I'm doing.

5 hours ago, TankkiMunkki said:

I'm having this weird problem with the airplane+ mod that makes it so my game doesn't get past the first loading screen, it gets stuck on loading the cockpit folders.
any hints on what might solve the issue?

Remove airplane plus, does the issue persist? Not sarcasm, most likely it will still persist on another mod. So far this has always been the case. It's like caused by another mod.

8 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

@blackheart612

it's not a big deal but i wonder if you've realized that there is another zero cockpit texture in x1 cockpit folder, zero folder has one placeholder texture, you probably forgot to move it?

That's intended, if you notice, the zero folder has no texture but the placeholder. It uses the Zero texture on X1, which is loaded first. The X1 cockpit uses the Mk1 bulkhead texture from Zero.

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

That's intended, if you notice, the zero folder has no texture but the placeholder. It uses the Zero texture on X1, which is loaded first. The X1 cockpit uses the Mk1 bulkhead texture from Zero.

Oh dang, that means i messed up something. I deleted that placeholder texture and moved zero texture to zero folder. But everything looks normal so far.