[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

So, I'm getting these errors in the log.

If I put a copy the <named>.dds (or even just a link it) the "not found", obviously, goes away, but there is no obvious change in the rendered part. 

Yet, if I insert a ' texture = AerjetKerbodyne , AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/<named>' the problem still exists.

181013T210317.180 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.222 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/placeholder' not found!
181013T210317.222 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/airbuscockpittex' not found!
181013T210317.308 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/fighterinlinecockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.365 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/oh6cockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.373 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/oldfightercockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.433 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/x1cockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210318.300 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powerprop/default' not found!
181013T210318.326 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!

A quick grep reveals that there are references to it in the model.mu for the respective parts.

~/Games/KSP_test/GameData/AirplanePlus$ egrep -rnw 'AerojetKerbodyne'
Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/part.cfg:2://    [ERR 21:03:17.180] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!Binary file Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Payload/Mk1DroneDoor/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/oldfightercockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/oh6cockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/fighterinlinecockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/x1cockpit/model.mu matches

Is this an artifact of previous iterations?

On 10/14/2018 at 2:44 PM, TranceaddicT said:

So, I'm getting these errors in the log.

If I put a copy the <named>.dds (or even just a link it) the "not found", obviously, goes away, but there is no obvious change in the rendered part. 

Yet, if I insert a ' texture = AerjetKerbodyne , AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/<named>' the problem still exists.

181013T210317.180 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.222 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/placeholder' not found!
181013T210317.222 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/airbuscockpittex' not found!
181013T210317.308 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/fighterinlinecockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.365 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/oh6cockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.373 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/oldfightercockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210317.433 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/x1cockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!
181013T210318.300 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powerprop/default' not found!
181013T210318.326 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!

A quick grep reveals that there are references to it in the model.mu for the respective parts.

~/Games/KSP_test/GameData/AirplanePlus$ egrep -rnw 'AerojetKerbodyne'
Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/part.cfg:2://    [ERR 21:03:17.180] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!Binary file Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Payload/Mk1DroneDoor/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/airbuscockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/oldfightercockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/oh6cockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/fighterinlinecockpit/model.mu matches
Binary file Parts/Command/x1cockpit/model.mu matches

Is this an artifact of previous iterations?

It's an issue reported to me already not very recently. It's an old habit of mine to use the file before, so it's an artifact of my unity exporting behavior :P I gotta fix that when I remember. Is what I said before too.

@AccidentalDisassembly Sounds useful. But I have no idea what to do...

@theonegalen For an airplane based mods, I seem blissfully unaware about part aerodynamics. Do they really not? I believe I used a standard config for it.

>>>Also, breaking news, I'm from 1.5!

And surprisingly, very surprisingly, so far, everything works. Even firespitter. Even other mods in my install. So... wow. Alright, then. 

38 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@theonegalen For an airplane based mods, I seem blissfully unaware about part aerodynamics. Do they really not? I believe I used a standard config for it.

the code to make it work is included in your config files, but it has been commented out. I removed the comment marks, and it seemed to work properly. I haven't checked to see see which other landing gears that might also be true about.

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

>>>Also, breaking news, I'm from 1.5!

And surprisingly, very surprisingly, so far, everything works. Even firespitter. Even other mods in my install. So... wow. Alright, then. 

Yeah, I don't think they really changed all that much under the hood. This was much more of a graphical update.

Just now, MaverickSawyer said:

Yeah, I don't think they really changed all that much under the hood. This was much more of a graphical update.

There were wheel changes, they are much more stable so far, less super bounces. Now it's only half their fault and half my fault. But it's still a KSP problem too :P I think they fixed the wheels on my tests so far. I might need to make tweaks but I am unsure how as of yet. There are new shaders which I am so tempted to use. I want to redo everything though Im not sure how, but that will stop all the new part updates.

12 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

There were wheel changes, they are much more stable so far, less super bounces. Now it's only half their fault and half my fault. But it's still a KSP problem too :P I think they fixed the wheels on my tests so far. I might need to make tweaks but I am unsure how as of yet. There are new shaders which I am so tempted to use. I want to redo everything though Im not sure how, but that will stop all the new part updates.

They did? Hmmm... So there's a chance that using the X-1 gear won't result in my plane being catapulted several meters into the air? Nice. That gear has always looked cool, but it's never been nice to fly with.

And to confirm the post above about the P-51 gear and the airliner gear... yeah, it's draggy af, even when retracted.

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for this great mod. I have some serious problems thou creating a working and flyable (!) helicopter. Is there a tutorial of some sorts on how to build and fly the "Kuey" from the OP, for instance? Or anything that may help?

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

how do you install craft files? I can't open the .craft files and put them into my KSP folder. as you can tell, im not great at computers. thanks

They go into either the "SPH" subfolder of the "Ships" folder, which makes them "stock" ships, or into a specific save folder, under the same approach as above: .../KSP/Saves/*save name*/Ships/SPH

1 minute ago, MaverickSawyer said:

They go into either the "SPH" subfolder of the "Ships" folder, which makes them "stock" ships, or into a specific save folder, under the same approach as above: .../KSP/Saves/*save name*/Ships/SPH

Also, SPH is the Spaceplane Hangar, VAB is the Vehicle Assembly Building (i.e. rockets). It affects the default building for the craft, and whether you launch from the runway or the launchpad, but beyond that the files are the same.

21 minutes ago, SancthuaryID said:

Hi, did on this latest update we got this floatplane part for landing on water? :)

Because I try to search on SPH, but can't found it

Because it's not there.  If you click on any of the pics where it says "Craft Files (Click Image):" in the OP it will take you to the KerbalX repository.

If you click on that pic it will redirect you to https://kerbalx.com/blackheart612/Kingfisher-Mk2

8 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Because it's not there.  If you click on any of the pics where it says "Craft Files (Click Image):" in the OP it will take you to the KerbalX repository.

If you click on that pic it will redirect you to https://kerbalx.com/blackheart612/Kingfisher-Mk2

So, for the pontoon part not in this update, ya?

Just now, SancthuaryID said:

So, for the pontoon part not in this update, ya?

It is, it's in the changelog on the OP and all download mirrors:

Added Pontoon and Pontoon-Mk3S options for*
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

So, I saw these and  ...

181019T183224.802 [ERROR] [PartLoader.CompileModel] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'herculesgeartex' as cannot find texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgeartex/herculesgeartex' to replace with
181019T183224.896 [ERROR] [PartLoader.CompileModel] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'herculesgeartex' as cannot find texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgeartex/herculesgeartex' to replace with

figured,oh, that's an easy fix.

you have ../sharedgeartex/..

shoudl be ../sharedgear./..

Which in turn open this can of worms ...

[PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 [PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

I've tried resaving the files. I've tried generating new files.  I've even tried dabbling with the .mu.

Nothing.

Ideas?

Until then i've commented out the Model{texture}.

Edited by TranceaddicT

Just now, TranceaddicT said:

So, I saw these and  ...

181019T183224.802 [ERROR] [PartLoader.CompileModel] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'herculesgeartex' as cannot find texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgeartex/herculesgeartex' to replace with
181019T183224.896 [ERROR] [PartLoader.CompileModel] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'herculesgeartex' as cannot find texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgeartex/herculesgeartex' to replace with

figured,oh, that's an easy fix.

you have ../sharedgeartex/..

shoudl be ../sharedgear./..

Which in turn open this can of worms ...

[PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 [PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

I've tried resaving the files. I've tried generating new files.  I've even tried dabbling with the .mu.

Nothing.

Ideas?

Until then i've commented out the Model{texture}.

Which part is this? I don't understand the error, isn't herculesgeartex in AirplanePlus\Parts\Wheel\sharedgear?

45 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

It is, it's in the changelog on the OP and all download mirrors:

Added Pontoon and Pontoon-Mk3S options for*
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage
*Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior
*Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Ah, the Mk3S0 is pontoon right :)

I will check on my sph again

Finally I can build seaplane again on my KSP :)

11 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Which part is this? I don't understand the error, isn't herculesgeartex in AirplanePlus\Parts\Wheel\sharedgear?

So, first, ALL the gear configs have ..\sharedgeartex\.. not ..\sharedgear\..

When that line is uncommented and fixed, the PartLoader NREs are generated.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:20 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

how do you install craft files? I can't open the .craft files and put them into my KSP folder. as you can tell, im not great at computers. thanks

I use Notepad++ to open up the files. You can download it at the following https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

A two-button mouse has LMB (left mouse button) and RMB (right mouse button). Once you download and install notepad++ then use RMB on the .craft file and it will open up a small window's menu. At the bottom select "properties," which will then open up another small windows. Leave it in the General tabbed and select "Change" in the seconded lined item from the top. If notepad++ is displayed in another open window then select it and click apply at the bottom. If not, choose 'more apps' and it should pop up that way. Hopefully this will help you... 

Edited by FuzzyG
added multiple responses to same item without saving the first time

Whoa! I'm not sure what happened, but my Kerbal just walked straight *through* the sideways-facing gear on APP Aeris 2 craft. Totally trippy. Is there something up with gear colliders? I'll come back with an actual bug report/notice in a bit.

EDIT: Never mind for the moment -- It looks like the regular stock gear are doing it, too. This stuff is silly, sometimes. :)

Edited by Beetlecat

On 10/18/2018 at 11:20 AM, MaverickSawyer said:

There are two ways to save any .craft file.

#1 - <KSP_root>/Ships/SPH & <KSP_root>/Ships/VAB

Dropping a file here make the it read-only.  If you make edits to them and save those files are stored in #2.

#2 <KSP_root>/saves/<savename>/Ships/SPH & <KSP_root>/saves/<savename>/Ships/VAB

.craft files saved here are overwritable, i.e. you saving changes.

I recommend you put any file you have kerbfected or downloaded in #2 and edit afterwards.

Edited by TranceaddicT