[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

5 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Where do those lightening towers come from?

FYI, [ERROR] [Contracts.Agents.Agent.LoadAgent] [Agent]: Is missing its 'title' value

To clear the error, I add  title = Kerbal Standard Holdings

I think these are newly added things on Agents. I don't remember those being needed before. Thanks again.

So, I had some time for more digging on the errors before bed and I've a couple recommendations.

1. GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/AerojetKerbodyne.dds

I've created links in all the parts that were problem children.  Everything is golden with no errors, but I've not looked at them inside KSP yet.

2. /GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/placeholder.dds

Just copy any of the other placeholders over and it's golden, too.  My assumption here is that this is truly a placeholder file until you get to it.

The only things I've not resolved are the texture issues with b29cockpit & the 2 hercules gear.

The b29cockpit model.mu references the airbuscockpittex, but you have a b29cockpittex. I assume you were using airbus as a stand-in during development.

The hercules texture issue is a stumper. The texture is valid because it works in the airbusgear.mu; so the best I've got is the model needs to be rebuilt?

Wish I knew more about blender and such that I could help.  I barely know enough GIMP to deal with simple problems with normals and such.

5 hours ago, Bogyrect said:

I have KSP_osx and is this the "root" folder?

Not familiar with OSX installs but probably yes.

Definitely, if your directory structure looks something like this:

../KSP_osx/GameData/<mods>

The ONLY folder a typical mod user needs to be concerned about is 'GameData'.  EVERY mod will go in there.

1 hour ago, Bogyrect said:

Ok update - The mod is working but missing everything but the Mk3 cockpit and engines

That means that you have something wrong with your folder structure most likely. Also I don't think anyone but you can access the image you linked, as it is just the file location on your computer (not a web address), use a service like Imgur to upload photos, and paste the "direct link" from there. 

To install correctly, first remove any files from AirplanePlus, Firespitter and module manager, to make sure you have a clean slate.

When you download the mod you get a zip Named something like Airplane_Plus-24.0. Inside that is a folder named GameData. All of the stuff inside the GameData folder needs to be copied into the GameData folder of your KSP install, exactly the way it is. After doing that you should have folders, Squad, AirplanePlus, Firespitter and a file ModuleManager.3.x.x.dll in your game data folder. If that is not the case you did something wrong (you may have more folders/files if you have more mods/DLC installed).

10 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

That means that you have something wrong with your folder structure most likely. Also I don't think anyone but you can access the image you linked, as it is just the file location on your computer (not a web address), use a service like Imgur to upload photos, and paste the "direct link" from there. 

To install correctly, first remove any files from AirplanePlus, Firespitter and module manager, to make sure you have a clean slate.

When you download the mod you get a zip Named something like Airplane_Plus-24.0. Inside that is a folder named GameData. All of the stuff inside the GameData folder needs to be copied into the GameData folder of your KSP install, exactly the way it is. After doing that you should have folders, Squad, AirplanePlus, Firespitter and a file ModuleManager.3.x.x.dll in your game data folder. If that is not the case you did something wrong (you may have more folders/files if you have more mods/DLC installed).

Easy way to install is just drag/drop the GameData folder from the zipfile into <KSP_root>.

When your OS tells you to merge the GameData folders, do it. (Notice the underscore and highlighting.)  If it asks you to merge any other folders you don't have a clean slate and will likely bork something.

As a precaution, search for and ensure you only have one ModuleManager.  They say only the latest version will run, but just to be sure ...

39 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

When your OS tells you to merge the GameData folders, do it.

Important note: MacOS doesn't offer this option unless you hold down Option(Alt) when you drag the new folder over the existing folder; by default it'll simply offer to overwrite or cancel the operation.

Edited by JH4C
clarified further

There's nothing particularly unique about APP install, just make sure everything in the archive package lands in the right place.

As others are saying, make sure you don't have nested GameData folders. You should have AirplanePlus, Firespitter, and ModuleManger.3.0.7.dll in your GameData folder (and yes, you can delete the ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll if you already have the newer one).

Hi there

I am playing KSP since a while and i just found this mod and like it very much.

But i have a question :)

How do i get the Kerbals out of the 1.5 size and 2.0 Size Crew compardment( Not Cockpits).

Normaly if i Click at the Hatchlike Paintet Area at the bottom or top (Or front and rear) i can get them out there with clicking the Mouse on it.

But for those Parts this is not Working.

Maybe its a Bug.

Greetings

ISE 

On 10/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, ISEGRIM said:

Hi there

I am playing KSP since a while and i just found this mod and like it very much.

But i have a question :)

How do i get the Kerbals out of the 1.5 size and 2.0 Size Crew compardment( Not Cockpits).

Normaly if i Click at the Hatchlike Paintet Area at the bottom or top (Or front and rear) i can get them out there with clicking the Mouse on it.

But for those Parts this is not Working.

Maybe its a Bug.

Greetings

ISE 

The Portraits at the bottom-right have IVA & EVA buttons in them.  Hover your cursor over the desired Kerbal and click.  If it's grayed-out or doesn't work you have an OrEO - obstructed ex-filtration orifice and will need to transfer crew members to a different part.

19 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

The Portraits at the bottom-right have IVA & EVA buttons in them.  Hover your cursor over the desired Kerbal and click.  If it's grayed-out or doesn't work you have an OrEO - obstructed ex-filtration orifice and will need to transfer crew members to a different part.

I know (KSP since 2013)…. and this is exactly what i dont want to do. Because its really time consuming to get the Pilots out of the Cockpit at first and than move like 20 Kerbals into the Cockpit one after the other and than out of the Cockpit.

I was thinking its a bug.

I mean that turns the rear ramp of the example Planes like the Emu liner useless.

If its not a bug it would be a feature that should be added.

:)

ISE 

Edited by ISEGRIM
Typo

• 2 weeks later...