[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

@blackheart612

I just found that a number of the parts in AirplanesPlus is missing the bulkheadProfiles line.  This causes the editor to go screwy if you try to show parts by profile. 

I found them by using the following MM patch, and then scanning the ModuleManager.ConfigCache:

// This is to work around unpatched mods. It's not as good as having the 
//correct profiles defined, but it avoids locking up the VAB.

@PART[*]:HAS[~bulkheadProfiles[]]
{
	bulkheadProfiles = srf, missingBulkheadProfiles
}

The parts are:

• AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/51/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/chaika/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/fokker/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/hawker/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/spad/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/152prop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/609prop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/hercules/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/KP-12/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/predator/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/tbmprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/109/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Corsair/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/DuplexCyclone/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/K1710/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Marlin/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Spitfire/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Yak/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Zero/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/bellprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/belltailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/blackhawkprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/chinookprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/coaxialprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hipprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hiptailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hueyprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hueytailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powerprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powertailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Utility/Skid/part

On 3/24/2019 at 1:56 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@blackheart612

I just found that a number of the parts in AirplanesPlus is missing the bulkheadProfiles line.  This causes the editor to go screwy if you try to show parts by profile. 

I found them by using the following MM patch, and then scanning the ModuleManager.ConfigCache:

// This is to work around unpatched mods. It's not as good as having the 
//correct profiles defined, but it avoids locking up the VAB.

@PART[*]:HAS[~bulkheadProfiles[]]
{
	bulkheadProfiles = srf, missingBulkheadProfiles
}

The parts are:

• AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/51/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/chaika/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/fokker/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/hawker/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Early/spad/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/152prop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/609prop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/hercules/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/KP-12/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/predator/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/tbmprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/109/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Corsair/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/DuplexCyclone/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/K1710/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Marlin/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Spitfire/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Yak/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Pre-modern/Zero/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/bellprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/belltailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/blackhawkprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/chinookprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/coaxialprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hipprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hiptailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hueyprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/hueytailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powerprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Rotorwing/powertailprop/part
  • AirplanePlus/Parts/Utility/Skid/part

Slipped by me, thanks for this, I added them all in and reuploaded. Should be fixed now. Tested with Airplane Plus only and bulkhead filter works without locking up part catalog.

Thanks for all your hard work! This mod is still essential as far as I am concerned. :-)

You know, now that we have 1.875 meter parts, a B-17 cockpit in that form factor might be pretty awesome. Or a B-24 in Mk3S2?

Not that you already have enough to work on, or anything. :-p

Edited by theonegalen

6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Thanks for all your hard work! This mod is still essential as far as I am concerned. :-)

You know, now that we have 1.875 meter parts, a B-17 cockpit in that form factor might be pretty awesome. Or a B-24 in Mk3S2?

Not that you already have enough to work on, or anything. :-p

Was thinking whether Mk3S2 would even be useful for anything... Thought right now Im thinking of new things to add on Grounded first to properly update it to latest version. I have some but thinking of how to implement it too. Not a topic for APP thread though. But I might focus there first.

when loading,

Airplane plus give a lot of texture loading errors like this:

[ERR 23:34:09.196] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!

are those false positives?

I can post the full log in case

Edited by aat

9 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

Are there any plans to add a pre-cooler for the new MK3S or a hollowed-out version of the MK3S tanks?

Mk3S1? pre-coolers... hmmm, perhaps? But hollowed-out I don't know what use it is for but we'll see to be honest.

8 minutes ago, aat said:

when loading,

Airplane plus give a lot of texture loading errors like this:

[ERR 23:34:09.196] Texture 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Payload/Mk1Door/AerojetKerbodyne' not found!

are those false positives?

I can post the full log in case

They won't cause any major trouble, I used old textures as placeholder for flagdecals, if I find myself on the unity file, I'll make sure I correct the issue. But it's nothing serious.

On 1/19/2017 at 12:14 PM, Tex_NL said:

Why would I set throttle limiters? I am talking about a Skycrane, not a Chinook.

Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane:
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraft/Sikorsky-S64/IMAGES/threview-sikorsky-s64.gif

Boeing CH-47 Chinook:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/CH-47_Chinook_Line_Drawing.svg/400px-CH-47_Chinook_Line_Drawing.svg.png

well... now my rotors work! thanks firespitter addon!!

Edited by TheHelicopterKid
the rotors now work!

2 hours ago, TonedMite133805 said:

The rotors sort of work for me; can u get them to play nice with hovering and not tipping over as soon as they lift off?

It is tricky, but possible. First, due to game engine and how it simulate physics, you need to put "magical" reaction wheel on craft, so you can have enough attitude control over craft. For that reason helicopter rotors in KAX and KRX mod have reaction wheel module within config files of those few rotors. Rotors from this mod don't have those, so you have to put enough reaction wheels on your craft.

Next, you need to be careful with piloting, have to be careful to not exceed vertical speed, or your craft would tip over, as you already noticed. Helicopeters are not aerodinamic friendly in vertical motion, any of those have high chance to tip over craft when velocity is over limit. To counterpart with that problem, you can use TCA mod (works better with two or more vertical rotors), or your own kOS script or kRPC scripts. I prefer my own scripts over TCA, as you can learn more as you create and tweak those for yourself. More info in this post, it is old, but still works:

5 hours ago, Photon said:

I dont see a "root" folder in any of the files of airplane plus or firespitter, am i missing something or is something wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean by "root" folder, but what you should find inside the download for APP, and most other mods, is a folder called GameData. There is also a folder called GameData in your KSP install. The content from the GameData in the download needs to be copied into your installs GameData. I am guessing that is what you were wondering about?

On 4/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, neistridlar said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "root" folder, but what you should find inside the download for APP, and most other mods, is a folder called GameData. There is also a folder called GameData in your KSP install. The content from the GameData in the download needs to be copied into your installs GameData. I am guessing that is what you were wondering about?

I dont see "GameData" in the APP folder?

12 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Oops, I messed it up when I made the hotpatch :') 

19 hours ago, neistridlar said:

Just checked for my self, and you are correct. Anyways, the AirplanePlus-, Firespitter-folders, and ModuleManager file needs to go in GameData.

Well, I'm just fine with the positions of the Mod Files, either in or outside the mod's GameData. As long as the folder that contains the parts, IVAs, sounds, patches, flag, etc. ends up in the game's GameData.

So for those minors who basically only hooked with one way of installing mods, just make sure the folder that contains the parts, flags, patches etc. (Basically applies on all mods, literally, theoretically and practically) is put inside the game's GameData folder.

Anyways, any plans to add a Mil Mi-26's rotor and (At least?) two more wings (Hughes H-4's Straight Wing & Airbus A380's Swept Wing) into the mod? That'll be cool.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Tpyo

13 hours ago, SpyderWebster said:

Hi, I'm playing on a mac, and have unzipped the file into the root folder, but I still only have the engines, passenger doors and cargo cockpit. 

Any suggestions?

This sounds like a folder structure issue. Make sure that the folder in your GameData is not the one called "Airplane_Plus-xx.x" but rather the contents of it, which should be two folders, "AirplanePlus" and "Firespitter" as well as a file called "ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll"

16 hours ago, SpyderWebster said:

Hi, I'm playing on a mac, and have unzipped the file into the root folder, but I still only have the engines, passenger doors and cargo cockpit. 

Any suggestions?

This should help :

52 minutes ago, buddysWorld said:

I would LOVE this!

I've always wanted to have a seaplane but every time I try to make one it either tips over on impact or explodes.

IMO that'll be unfair in terms of BDA Matches.

First of all, as you mentioned earlier regarding on your seaplane tips over upon landing, I can sum up this is an error from your flying technique. I once ditched my AP+ plane safely and nothing explodes. (Except for the parts that force me to ditch in the water, e.g wings, engine, etc.)

All you need is to perform a 'flare' just like how you do it on land-based planes. Basically keep your prograde lower than your plane's 'tilt' or pitch. Somewhere around 5 degrees are enough, but some designs with lower pontoons or gears should pitch less steeper. When you're really close to touchdown, pitch up even more to cancel out veetical speed using your residual lift to smoothen out your landing. Then, touchdown, landed it.

Hopefully that helps.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

10 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

IMO that'll be unfair in terms of BDA Matches.

First of all, as you mentioned earlier regarding on your seaplane tips over upon landing, I can sum up this is an error from your flying technique. I once ditched my AP+ plane safely and nothing explodes. (Except for the parts that force me to ditch in the water, e.g wings, engine, etc.)

All you need is to perform a 'flare' just like how you do it on land-based planes. Basically keep your prograde lower than your plane's 'tilt' or pitch. Somewhere around 5 degrees are enough, but some designs with lower pontoons or gears should pitch less steeper. When you're really close to touchdown, pitch up even more to cancel out vertical speed using your residual lift to smoothen out your landing. Then, touchdown, landed it.

Hopefully that helps.

yes, that's generally a good idea when landing planes, although if the plane's landing gear is at the front it's better to come in slowly enough that your aircraft is descending slowly whilst level. Also, beware of flipping over and apply wheel brakes with low settings or just use drag chutes or A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. to avoid wheel lockups and unintentional RUDs and/or aircraft front flips.