[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

On 6/17/2019 at 5:34 AM, coolkirk1701 said:

I hate to be a pest, but I haven't seen anyone post this question before.  Is there any ETA on compatibility with 1.7? I'm using CKAN for the most part, but have Airplane Plus manually installed.  When I open KSP it goes through all the parts fine the first time, but on the second run through it gets stuck on the first airplane plus part.

There's nothing wrong with asking for an update, it's not like it's getting spammed. I think it's fine so far, I'm using it in my own game during Grounded tests. Though I made test parts on the recent development but I feel like they're useless so I might not release them. I cut out a lot of parts too in development. I also tested the rotors on the Kitty VTOL engine, and apparently the mirroring technique I use messes up the rotor axes. I wanted to updated as soon as I can when these were, I thought, a much needed change but it turns out they are either doable easily without it. Basically here's one of those test parts that;s going to be cut:

KwQvQil.png

11 hours ago, GKSP said:

If Use the new DLC to fold up a plane with these parts, will propellers break?  I want to put Grunded vehicles in a plane, protect it from heat with a mk 3 cargo bay, and send it to Laythe as in instant base.

What do you mean propellers will break? I don't think so? You can put the grounded vehicles in a plane no problem, they fit Size 2 cargo bays upwards, and connected vehicles don't collide with each other too.

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Basically here's one of those test parts that;s going to be cut:

KwQvQil.png

Ooohh! Finally, a compact hinge wing! I can't wait to bring my swept-wing fighter drawing to life!

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

12 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

KwQvQil.png

Aww yeah time to fulfil my dream of screaming in at treetop level in a Tornado

040d2ed58bf563f59a9cff0a94613e2b.jpg

PS, If you're thinking about new parts, I would really appreciate some Harrier engines, VTOLs are quite difficult without compact nozzles and the Harrier is one of the all time greats

Edited by TheRedTom
Added feedback

5 hours ago, Frankenshtine said:

I hit a bug with "Size 1.5 Crew cabin", while trying to rescue from orbit. The problem is, this part have no airlock to exit from, unlike other cabins. So, I arrived to lost in space but unable to rescue him.

IMO this is basically down to craft planning, not a bug (Or did you built the rescued craft with one of its end not attached to any part that exposed one of its doors clearly?).

You should note earlier that the cabin's door behavior is the exact same as the stock Mk-1 Cabin.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

5 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

Or did you built the rescued craft with one of its end not attached to any part that exposed one of its doors clearly?

I did not build it, a cabin is auto-generated by contract system. I did not know a cabin type until arrived close enough. It is one-piece craft.

And I tested some cabins at Kerbin starting place - exactly from "Size 1.5 Crew cabin" impossible to exit, while others have airlock and kerbals successfully exit.

56 minutes ago, Frankenshtine said:

I did not build it, a cabin is auto-generated by contract system. I did not know a cabin type until arrived close enough. It is one-piece craft.

And I tested some cabins at Kerbin starting place - exactly from "Size 1.5 Crew cabin" impossible to exit, while others have airlock and kerbals successfully exit.

This should work for ya.

4 hours ago, Frankenshtine said:

But Size 1.5 Crew cabin still have a door only graphical, no EVA menu on click on it, unlike MK3S1 and Size 2 Crew cabin modules. There is no logical reason for only painted, not working airlock door.

Have you tried moving the Kerbal to another cabin with a working door? I never did rescuing contracts, but I think Tourists they can be transferred between modules.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

On 6/19/2019 at 12:03 AM, TheRedTom said:

Aww yeah time to fulfil my dream of screaming in at treetop level in a Tornado

040d2ed58bf563f59a9cff0a94613e2b.jpg

PS, If you're thinking about new parts, I would really appreciate some Harrier engines, VTOLs are quite difficult without compact nozzles and the Harrier is one of the all time greats

I don't know what to say, it was supposed to be cut content because I thought it's redundant to the KSP DLC parts, it's easily doable even if I don't put the part in, to be honest. I don't remember anymore, I think KAX already has harrier jets? I know some popular mod had it so I had no reason to make it back then.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:04 AM, Daniel Prates said:

They can. No EVAs, though.

I gotta check this, I haven't tested it in a long time, do the 1.5m cabins really not have any EVA points?

37 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

I don't know what to say, it was supposed to be cut content because I thought it's redundant to the KSP DLC parts, it's easily doable even if I don't put the part in, to be honest. I don't remember anymore, I think KAX already has harrier jets? I know some popular mod had it so I had no reason to make it back then.

I'm not gonna say that thehinge wing is redundant, but is, seriously no joke, a genius solution in terms of making variable-geometry wings without the expense of more drag and no lift. I even hyped for that part to make a variable-swept wing fighter.

Seriously, you should bring that hinge wing into the next update.

To decipher :

... . . / ... .--. --- .. .-.. . .-.

Spoiler

Talking about new parts, what about the requested Beluga parts and the new Mk3S4 and other's request-Mk3S2?

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Morse is more fun than inverted spelling

9 minutes ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

*Facepalms* Then how can you perform that rescue contract if there's no means of Kerbal transferring method other than EVAs? Any docking ports on the rescued vessel?

DUDE! Relax will you, with the facepalming and whatnot? It was said above that tourists can be transfered between modules and I merely confirmed that yes, but they can't go on EVAs. Besides as far as I remember rescue contracts never give you a tourist to be rescued, only kerbonauts.

Edit: indeed there is a mk1 command pod, cant remember which, that has no doors and frustrates a rescue misson. There is a mod to fix that though. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

1 hour ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

*Facepalms* Then how can you perform that rescue contract if there's no means of Kerbal transferring method other than EVAs? Any docking ports on the rescued vessel?

If you find yourself in the situation where you have to rescue a Kerbal in a vessel that:
- it cannot get out of;
- you cannot dock with;
- is not covered by mods that fix this sort of thing;

Then (if you have The Klaw™ unlocked) use the the claw/klaw to 'dock' with said vessel (it counts as docking) and transfer over the crew that way. Note that there are also contract where you have to bring the part the kerbal is in back with you too, but that should be noted in the contract.

============

@blackheart612 do you have any experience with fixing model's axis setup? I've been troubleshooting some custom stuff with the stock wings but believe I am encountering a problem caused by the stock wings being exported with Z+ being vertical whereas Unity expects Y+ to be vertical. I've been looking for a way to work around this but my experience with models and unity is far too limited to know if there's a simple fix or not.

Edit: I realize its an off-topic question, I just figured that if anyone was going to know this, it's you :P.

Edited by Jognt

12 minutes ago, Jognt said:

If you find yourself in the situation where you have to rescue a Kerbal in a vessel that:
- it cannot get out of;
- you cannot dock with;
- is not covered by mods that fix this sort of thing;

Then (if you have The Klaw™ unlocked) use the the claw/klaw to 'dock' with said vessel (it counts as docking) and transfer over the crew that way. Note that there are also contract where you have to bring the part the kerbal is in back with you too, but that should be noted in the contract.

Wait I thought the Klaw denies crew transfers. :0.0:

34 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Then (if you have The Klaw™ unlocked) use the the claw/klaw to 'dock' with said vessel (it counts as docking) and transfer over the crew that way

Yep there is that too. Although, I always thought this should be unnallowed somehow, it is very weird. Alas, it's how the game treats docked vessels: they become a single entity and transfers are allowed from anywhere to anywhere, even if in real life that meant they are passing through the weirdest of places...

Edited by Daniel Prates

12 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

Mk1 passenger cabins have the same behavior. It's only Mk2 and 3 that support EVA (in stock), and it's because they have a dorsal hatch.

Well the mentioned situation is that when noth sides of the Mk1 cabin has something attached either by radially on the surface or via nodes. While @Frankenshtine's situation is that no EVAs can be performed even with both sides are left empty; just pure air.

4 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

Mk1 passenger cabins have the same behavior. It's only Mk2 and 3 that support EVA (in stock), and it's because they have a dorsal hatch.

I have tested MK1 passenger cabin and found it fully functional, with crew hatch at both sides. Not in stock but I'm thinking no mods alter this part functionality.

Spoiler

1Ssw8D3.png

I made a few fixes to some parts, mainly the drone-like cargo 'cockpit' which didn't have a working ModuleCargoBay due to a missing entry, and two other parts where I tweaked the ModuleCargoBay numbers. All three have some cleaning done to remove bits that were unneeded or weren't supposed to be there.

Feel free to use it for your own games. @blackheart612 feel free to use it for the shipping cfgs.

// Fixes to AirplanePlus ModuleCargoBay Modules.

@PART[mk1cargodoorjr]:AFTER[AirplanePlus]
{
	@bulkheadProfiles = size1			// Remove srfAttach profile since it can't be srfAttached.
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		@lookupRadius = 0.8				// Reduced radius while still covering the whole part interior. May offer ever so slight performance improvement? (Before: 1.5)
		!nodeInnerForeID = dummy 		// Removing entry due to node being undefined and unneeded.
		!nodeInnerAftID = dummy			// Removing entry due to node being undefined and unneeded.
	}
}

@PART[mk1dronedoor]:AFTER[AirplanePlus]
{
	@bulkheadProfiles = size1			// Remove srfAttach profile since it can't be srfAttached.
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		%lookupCenter = 0,1.875,0		// offset the center of the lookupRadius into the bay itself to be able to cast rays from it.
		@lookupRadius = 2				// Increased the radius to cover the interior better. (Before: 1.5)
		!nodeOuterAftID = dummy			// Not needed since this part has no open end.
		!nodeInnerAftID = dummy			// Where we're going.. We don't need Nodes.
	}
}

@PART[passengeroor]:AFTER[AirplanePlus] // That partName though!
{
	@bulkheadProfiles = size1			// I'm starting to see a pattern here.
	MODULE								// Can't uncomment the existing one, so we'll add a new one.
	{
		name = ModuleCargoBay
		DeployModuleIndex = 0			// Hold the oor! HOLD THE OOR!
		closedPosition = 1
		lookupRadius = 0.8				// *sucks thumb* - About this much? - Confirmed, plenty of Radius.

nodeOuterForeID = top
		nodeOuterAftID = bottom
	}
}

Edited by Jognt