[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

7 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

It's normal, but not intended. I still haven't fixed it. It's an mu problem and been asked here before for a long long while now. If you need info it's basically the placeholder I used for the flag decal on cockpits which I unintentionally exported, resulting in the game trying to find them. But they aren't really needed.

Hello,

OK, good to know, thank you!

On 9/9/2019 at 4:54 AM, blackheart612 said:

It has yaw controls, can you explain the situation further?

The yaw keys do not make the vessel yaw. Actually holding them causes the craft to pitch up and flip other (either holding A/D will cause this). Pitch and roll is fine though (actually pitch is reversed, holding W makes nose pitch up instead of down). 

Edited by subyng

On 9/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, subyng said:

The yaw keys do not make the vessel yaw. Actually holding them causes the craft to pitch up and flip other (either holding A/D will cause this). Pitch and roll is fine though (actually pitch is reversed, holding W makes nose pitch up instead of down). 

Kindly make sure the navball is oriented right. If you're using my own cockpits, back then there were issues where if you revert flight to launch it could change the cockpit's actual orientation. I'm currently not sure if there are cockpits with that issue but as for my last tests, there are none.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, blackheart612 said:

Kindly make sure the navball is oriented right. If you're using my own cockpits, back then there were issues where if you revert flight to launch it could change the cockpit's actual orientation. I'm currently not sure if there are cockpits with that issue but as for my last tests, there are none.

Navball orientation is correct.

I tried making another helicopter with the Maverick engine and the corresponding tail rotor. Yaw and roll work, but pitch doesn't.

Replacing the Maverick with the Valkyrie, pitch and yaw work, roll doesn't. 

I can can see the cyclic and collective values changing appropriately on the main and tail rotors when I press the directional keys though. 

Seems like no matter one, always one of the control axes just doesn't work. ;.;

Edited by subyng

Update: tried on a unmodded install...things work as expected BUT

1. If Reaction wheels are on SAS on, steering does not work properly. 

2. If you turn reaction torque down to zero, steering does not work properly. 

Basically it seems that means the rotor parts NEED reaction wheels to be controlled and they cannot steer a craft by themselves. 

That's really unfortunate as I play with Mandatory RCS, a mod which basically heavily nerfs reaction wheels. :(

8 hours ago, subyng said:

Update: tried on a unmodded install...things work as expected BUT

1. If Reaction wheels are on SAS on, steering does not work properly. 

2. If you turn reaction torque down to zero, steering does not work properly. 

Basically it seems that means the rotor parts NEED reaction wheels to be controlled and they cannot steer a craft by themselves. 

That's really unfortunate as I play with Mandatory RCS, a mod which basically heavily nerfs reaction wheels. :(

That's really unfortunate to hear :( Usually these cases are from other mods yes. And it is indeed heavily reliant on SAS. I can't do much about it considering the nature of the situation and KSP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 9:00 AM, TheLoneliestShyGuy said:

I was wondering where the he 111 cockpit went. Was it removed in an update?

IIRC only SXT Continued featured the Heinkel He-111 cockpit. Do you uninstalled it?

To be safe, use Janitor's Closet to know from which mod did a particular part came from.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, Commodoregamer118 said:

Hello guys.

I just cant install Airplane Plus properly.

When i do it in manual way just the cargo cockpit is in there

And just the prop engines and helicopter landing support

And it has no sound from engines

This happened to me a long time ago, back in 1.1. Are you using the latest versions?

-[Snip, suggestion moved]-

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

9 hours ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

Hello guys.

It should work. I suggest you either remove what you installed and try again or remove what you installed and use CKAN

I installed via CKAN and it works perfectly. 

@blackheart612I've noticed that the leading edge slats don't line up quite right in mirror symmetry.

vpRCT4X.png

The Krueger flaps line up just fine, but the leading-edge slats do this when I try to mirror them. If I adjust the one that's offset, to properly line up, then the centre-of-lift doesn't line up with the centre-of-mass.

22 hours ago, StevieC said:

@blackheart612I've noticed that the leading edge slats don't line up quite right in mirror symmetry.

vpRCT4X.png

The Krueger flaps line up just fine, but the leading-edge slats do this when I try to mirror them. If I adjust the one that's offset, to properly line up, then the centre-of-lift doesn't line up with the centre-of-mass.

Ill check this out. I can't like you guys' post to affirm or thank you but thanks for answering the more common questions as usual :) 

May I suggest more parts;

• Ventral-opening Mk1 (Size 1) & Size 1.5 cargo fuselages
  • Antonov An-124 / 225-like nose main gear
  • Boeing 707 727 / 737 cockpit
  • Larger FAT airplane wings (From FAT-455 to the FAT-x wings)
  • Larger Big-S wings
  • Low four & six-bogie landing gear (LY-60 & LY-99 but each has a variant as tall as LY-35 & LY-10)
  • Taller steerable landing gears with small gear well.
  • Size 1, 1.5, Mk3S1 & MK3S1.5 tail cargo ramps & Size 2 Boeing 727 empennage (With tail staircase & engine mount)
  • MK3S1.5 passenger cabin
  • Size 1.5 jet engine (Turboramjet (Essentially a scaled up Whiplash), low bypass, low bypass with afterburner (e.g Kuznetsov NK-32, high bypass turbofans (e.g GE CF6, Rolls Royce Trent XWB (Recommended; high thrust and we don't have Rolls Royce jet engines in this mod yet))
  • Size 0 (0.625m) jet engines; High-Bypass turbofan with reverse thrust (Two Three of them, based on Garett TFE-731, Lycoming ALF-502 & GE Passport 20 respectively) & low-bypass ones (Based on P&W JT8D)
  • J-56 Lotus but with 737-style variant which reduces thrust. (Yeah, CFM56s on 737s have a loqer thrust compared to the same engine on A320s, tyanks to the fact that the main fan needs to be 'cropped' in order to maximize ground clearance)
  • Size 2 Tupolev Tu-16-style cockpit
  • Custom startup & shutdown sound like how to do it to the APUs, Pistons & Turboprops instead of the stock one.
  • Larger parts as previously requested?
  • MK3S2 as previously requested by a friend?

Some of these parts are pretty much easily modified from other parts, such as a ventral door Mk1 (Size 1 cargo fuselage from the stock Structural Fuselage. At least some relief like how you remove the pylon on the Lotus.

BTW your Lotus really accounts as a Mk1 engine for almost every single of my design that uses jet engine(s) of that size. Thanks a lot for that, man!

EDIT : You may disregard this but if this gets a lot of attention, uhhhhh...

EDIT EDIT : I think @blackheart612's inactivity is due to the making of the gargantuan list of requested parts. What about some moral support?

Stay strong, @blackheart612! Keep it up!

And I think one of us may help with the sound files for the engines.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

I'm not necessarily inactive, I check the forums everytime I can. I'm just trying to earn money on the side by drawing 2D art commissions. Like I've already said before. I've already one fixing the slat issue but trying to find the time to fix the wrongly referenced decal textures.

Might I suggest making the IVA use MoarDV Avionics? 

Also, add a camera module for MoarDV Avionics, and add cameras to some of the cockpit parts.

For the larger (not fighter jet) cockpits it would be nice to be able to choose between "All Analog" cockpit, "All Glass" cockpit and "Mixed"  

Mixed would have a few graphical displays and the essential analog props.
All Analog would have other displays, switches and dials replace the graphical displays.
All Glass would have additional graphical displays where the switches and dials were, other than a very small number of compact analog backup displays for vital information (A compass, altimeter, g-meter, and vertical velocity indicator, plus a few essential status lights such as High-G, High downward velocity, Overheat, low radar altitude, high roll angle and landing gear status.  If stall can be detected, add a stall light.)

The fighter jet cockpits are perfect with their current layout.  Simply adding more functionality might be nice.

Edited by Ruedii
Note on the fighter jet cockpits.

2 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Might I suggest making the IVA use MoarDV Avionics? 

Also, add a camera module for MoarDV Avionics, and add cameras to some of the cockpit parts.

For the larger (not fighter jet) cockpits it would be nice to be able to choose between "All Analog" cockpit, "All Glass" cockpit and "Mixed"  

Mixed would have a few graphical displays and the essential analog props.
All Analog would have other displays, switches and dials replace the graphical displays.
All Glass would have additional graphical displays where the switches and dials were, other than a very small number of compact analog backup displays for vital information (A compass, altimeter, g-meter, and vertical velocity indicator, plus a few essential status lights such as High-G, High downward velocity, Overheat, low radar altitude, high roll angle and landing gear status.  If stall can be detected, add a stall light.)

The fighter jet cockpits are perfect with their current layout.  Simply adding more functionality might be nice.

That would be awesome!

However as a fighter jet guy I would also like to see a more detailed and functional IVA for the non-commercial cockpits as well, perhaps something similar to NMB.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:15 AM, Commodoregamer118 said:

Hello guys.

I used to have this exact issue, it turns out it was being caused by me putting the airplane plus folder inside the squad folder. The airplane plus folder should be next to the squad folder instead of inside it, I hope that helps! :D

Edited by YoloT47

Hey, could anyone explain to me, how do the turboprop engines work? The Kitty only achieves max thrust on takeoff and in vertical flight, in level flight the thrust falls to 8.5 kN. The Predator behaves even more weird: in level flight the thrust rises above 15 kN during takeoff and then falls back to the aforementiones level. When pitching up the thrust rises, but once vertical, the thrust starts falling to some 15 kN. It should be capabale of 80 kN. Why do these engines behave like that?