[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

What on Kerbin are people trying to carry? Anyway, I do have parts to come on the next update that I'm determined to work on after the holidays pass. Though, I'm thinking of pausing part additions for now to revisit everything. Not balancing, but fixing, revamping, possibly. I'm still thinking on it, though.

@blackheart612, I think I can answer what some people are thinking/trying carry, some people are cars people & they dream about driving Lamborghini, Bugatti, some people are military aircraft people they dreaming flying F-22, B-52 & F16 & Heavy Lifter Cargo Planes like the C-5 Galaxy, Super Guppies.

If you throw in KSP players in to the mix, you have people that think “oh I need to add the Big Orange Tank” to their huge craft but they are fans of the heavy lifter cargo planes.

21 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

What on Kerbin are people trying to carry?

I might think of either situations :

• If DMP is still alive, players might do some crazy shenanigans inside a cargo plane, just like what some groups of GTA Online players do.
  • Some players might make Heavy Lifters as a part of movie sets.
  • If players are pro enough, they can even turn a Beluga into an SSTO.

Anyways, this should be in my previous post, but I've accidentally closed the tab containing the post being edited, hence I decided to put those here :

• Beluga's cargo hold fuselage should be 5m in diameter.
  • Beluga's cargo hold fuselage should have a passenger variant; 1st variant has only one floor of passenger cabin, the rest is Cargo Hold. 2nd Variant is double decker just like the A380. 3rd Variant is triple decker.
  • Beluga's cargo fuselage should have a door on it's ceiling so it can be converted into a bomber. One could be smart enough to fly a Beluga bomber inverted during bombing run or building an inverted Beluga.
  • Beluga's entrance is both at the right and back of the cockpit. I recommend the A300 / A330 to Beluga / BelugaXL fuselage adapter being hollow, just like the Size 2 passenger door.
  • Beluga's fuselage (Both cockpit and cargo hold?) should have several texture variants;
    • Empty stock white.
    • Kerbal Standard livery, that if you wish to.
    • Older Airbus Super Transporter livery.
    • Older Airbus Super Transporter "Liberty Leading The People" Special Painting Transport livery.
    • A-bit-old (Aka A380 era-style Italic livery) Airbus Beluga livery.
    • Current Airbus Beluga livery.
    • Current Airbus Beluga "Think Mobility" livery. Noteworthy that both sides have different text.
    • Newest Airbus "Beluga Whale Face" livery. Note that the gear bay (Or central wing tank?) also have a livery on it.
  • The 5m to MK3S4 Adapter should have two variants : One being a mere fuel tank (LF), another one being a hollow adapter for cargo bays.
  • A380 (Both passenger & freighter) should be a Mk3-fied 5m fuselage.
  • A380 cockpit should have two variants; one has a nose door under the cockpit, the another one didn't.
  • A380 tail connector sould have two variants; one with cargo ramp, one without the ramp.

1280px-F-GSTD_Beluga_Airbus_4_(780123997

Airbus_Beluga_fcm.jpg

The-Beluga-is-available-for-charter-In-1

Heading-AirbusBeluga-001.jpg

1530591561113.jpg

22001029525_afc7268b04_b.jpg

10518257743_b6b0141944_b.jpg

180719185318-02-beluga-plane-full-169.jp

%22Beluga_XL%22_A330-743L_(cropped).jpg

20 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

I might think of either situations :

• If DMP is still alive, players might do some crazy shenanigans inside a cargo plane, just like what some groups of GTA Online players do.
  • Some players might make Heavy Lifters as a part of movie sets.
  • If players are pro enough, they can even turn a Beluga into an SSTO.

Anyways, this should be in my previous post, but I've accidentally closed the tab containing the post being edited, hence I decided to put those here :

• Beluga's cargo hold fuselage should be 5m in diameter.
  • Beluga's cargo hold fuselage should have a passenger variant; 1st variant has only one floor of passenger cabin, the rest is Cargo Hold. 2nd Variant is double decker just like the A380. 3rd Variant is triple decker.
  • Beluga's cargo fuselage should have a door on it's ceiling so it can be converted into a bomber. One could be smart enough to fly a Beluga bomber inverted during bombing run or building an inverted Beluga.
  • Beluga's entrance is both at the right and back of the cockpit. I recommend the A300 / A330 to Beluga / BelugaXL fuselage adapter being hollow, just like the Size 2 passenger door.
  • Beluga's fuselage (Both cockpit and cargo hold?) should have several texture variants;
    • Empty stock white.
    • Kerbal Standard livery, that if you wish to.
    • Older Airbus Super Transporter livery.
    • Older Airbus Super Transporter "Liberty Leading The People" Special Painting Transport livery.
    • A-bit-old (Aka A380 era-style Italic livery) Airbus Beluga livery.
    • Current Airbus Beluga livery.
    • Current Airbus Beluga "Think Mobility" livery. Noteworthy that both sides have different text.
    • Newest Airbus "Beluga Whale Face" livery. Note that the gear bay (Or central wing tank?) also have a livery on it.
  • The 5m to MK3S4 Adapter should have two variants : One being a mere fuel tank (LF), another one being a hollow adapter for cargo bays.
  • A380 (Both passenger & freighter) should be a Mk3-fied 5m fuselage.
  • A380 cockpit should have two variants; one has a nose door under the cockpit, the another one didn't.
  • A380 tail connector sould have two variants; one with cargo ramp, one without the ramp.

Airbus_Beluga_fcm.jpg

The-Beluga-is-available-for-charter-In-1

Heading-AirbusBeluga-001.jpg

1530591561113.jpg

22001029525_afc7268b04_b.jpg

10518257743_b6b0141944_b.jpg

180719185318-02-beluga-plane-full-169.jp

%22Beluga_XL%22_A330-743L_(cropped).jpg

I don't think its alive anymore sadly

On 12/29/2018 at 9:50 AM, blackheart612 said:

What on Kerbin are people trying to carry? Anyway, I do have parts to come on the next update that I'm determined to work on after the holidays pass. Though, I'm thinking of pausing part additions for now to revisit everything. Not balancing, but fixing, revamping, possibly. I'm still thinking on it, though.

Saturn IVB and Saturn IVC of course?   Maybe an unloaded AJ-260? :)  After all the Guppy was ordered for carting Saturn S-IVBs from Douglas California to NASA Florida, (admittedly the original Guppy was a private venture but NASA saw the need for it in Saturn.) 

@FahmiRBLXian If you are referring to DMP as Dark Multiplayer... an Update to 1.6 is on Spacedock.

I'm having issues with both the Concorde and MK3 cargo cockpits. When I place them in the SPH, they toggle to drooped/open and I don't have an option to put them back, even in the actions menu. Anything I should check or could this be related to 1.6?

edit: they are also missing the toggle lights option

Edited by playslikepage71

On 12/29/2018 at 6:50 AM, blackheart612 said:

On 12/30/2018 at 11:14 PM, Waristheonlyway said:

I don't think its alive anymore sadly

Don't be *that* guy.... :D

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Don't be *that* guy.... :D

I think it was for DMP?

On 1/3/2019 at 9:07 AM, playslikepage71 said:

I'm having issues with both the Concorde and MK3 cargo cockpits. When I place them in the SPH, they toggle to drooped/open and I don't have an option to put them back, even in the actions menu. Anything I should check or could this be related to 1.6?

I uhhh, I haven't tested the mod on 1.6 as I'm working for an actual patch for this one.

Also, I was asking about what people are trying to carry on such huge planes jokingly :P I haven't even entered Mk3 size yet. I want to but aaah, I want to improve everything existing. Squad is already doing it.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, theonegalen said:

DMP just had a new release, actually. Surprised me.

@blackheart612 always glad to see you active. Whether new parts or revamped, I look forward to your next release!

I've not been too active during that waiting time on 1.5, but now I'll be developing slowly. Earlier releases I could output stuff in a week or so. Textures weren't a problem, especially models. Now I'm trying to reduce Ngons, trying to have better UVs, etc. I'm planning to use normals too, we'll see, really. I'm in the middle of development right now so I don't have much visual teasers yet. I'm just a self taught modeler and these things, I learn as I develop my mods, especially this one, and it's great.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, playslikepage71 said:

This has been fixed. Apparently 1.6 broke something with the partdatabase and KSP 1.6.1 and MM 3.1.3 have solved this issue.

@TMasterson5I've updated the OP, tweakscale compatibility is now linked to your OP.

Also, yes! I'm quite happy the cockpit I left here a few posts ago is working right for kerbal scale. Testing is going good. Got 3 more parts in, just need to texture the IVA and config works will be next. In actuality, that cockpit isn't as good as the 3 new parts I'm going to add because it was made in 2018 where it was subject to my practice of improving polygons. No teasers yet, You'll all know once the parts are ready to be released. Believe, it's under development (unless you're on a certain discord channel which must not be named). :P 

1 minute ago, Flightologist said:

Hey everybody, 

This has probably been asked before, but I have the mod downloaded (24.0) and I'm running KSP 1.5.1. However, only the Mk3 cargo cockpit and the engines show up. I really like this mod on 1.4.5, so I was wondering how to get it running again.

From the symptoms it sounds like you made a mistake when you installed it. Go into you game data folder and delete everything related to AirplanePlus. Then when you reinstall, make sure you get the stuff that is in the game data of the zip file copied over to you install game data.

Clear as mud? (And yes you are not the first one with this issue:)).

On 1/24/2019 at 12:01 PM, OPBlue said:

could you try making quadcopter parts? ive been trying to make drones but i couldnt make one lifesized.

This is just not possible if you want the hovering to be implemented with it, sadly. Firespitter can only handle one rotor in the center of mass to be able to hover properly.

Is anyone else experiencing AP+ landing gear falling through the runway on launch?  Retracting/redeploying the gear *does* allow the craft to hop back up on the wheels, but for some reason the initial launch of the vehicle pretends the gear isn't even there and the craft/plane just belly flops to the ground. Not sure if it was 1.6 or 1.6.1 where I first noticed this.

Proper bug report/logs forthcoming.

Edited by Beetlecat

1 hour ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

finally return here after months
i know it's not currently updated for 1.6.1, but does someone tried it? 

Yep. Works fine for me.