blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.6.x] Airplane Plus - R26.0 (A lot of fixes) (Mar 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Kerbal Foundries :P

A Google says that KF hasn't updated since 1.0.5... am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwinanday said:

A Google says that KF hasn't updated since 1.0.5... am I missing something?

Just a few posts above the mod they're talking about is shadowmages' revival of it. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So coming back from Spring Break... OOOHH new engine! Looks pretty! Can't wait to use it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

A Google says that KF hasn't updated since 1.0.5... am I missing something?

It's been updated. Have you looked for it here in the forums? I got it through CKAN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

qGqOcuo.pnggiphy.gif

I think that this nosecone is way too long for an F22, it makes the plane look like this (I don't want to say it but I think the best way would be another cockpit:P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

I think that this nosecone is way too long for an F22, it makes the plane look like this (I don't want to say it but I think the best way would be another cockpit:P)

Shall we paint it like that? :D Believe it or not, it is exactly the size of an F22. It's only upscaled plus I added about 1/8 of its original size to convert it to Mk1.

--

Also, life's too short to let people figure out what's in that gif. Only B9 pulled this off so you may think it's that but it used plug-ins. Because KSP gimbals are cursed to be unable to be locked on a certain axis alone. Had to use some dirty tricks. Doesn't mean it's perfect but it works.

giphy.gif

Edited by blackheart612

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

giphy.gif

 

But can it Pugachev?

Edited by kiwinanday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

 

But can it Pugachev?

Hmmm, I find it hard to pugachev properly with KSP aerodynamics. But the gimbal is 20 degrees, fixed on one axis. Much like the real engine, and just as much as KSP's vectoring afterburner (KSP's Panther can vector in all directions). The configs are far from done but it's designed to be even more powerful than the Panther. It's supposed to be capped to a slower, saner, supersonic speed though (not yet implemented).
In conclusion, although mobility is the same, the power of this engine will be signficantly more powerful in general but will diminish a lot quicker than the Panther, it might help slow down while pointing upwards, may or may not help if you aim to do a pugachev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Hmmm, I find it hard to pugachev properly with KSP aerodynamics. But the gimbal is 20 degrees, fixed on one axis. Much like the real engine, and just as much as KSP's vectoring afterburner (KSP's Panther can vector in all directions). The configs are far from done but it's designed to be even more powerful than the Panther. It's supposed to be capped to a slower, saner, supersonic speed though (not yet implemented).
In conclusion, although mobility is the same, the power of this engine will be signficantly more powerful in general but will diminish a lot quicker than the Panther, it might help slow down while pointing upwards, may or may not help if you aim to do a pugachev.

I've never been able to Pugachev in any game ever, so yeah, that's what I want to do :D

Edited by kiwinanday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

Because KSP gimbals are cursed to be unable to be locked on a certain axis alone. Had to use some dirty tricks. Doesn't mean it's perfect but it works.giphy.gif

 

What do you mean? That is a feature since post 1.0

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleGimbal
	gimbalTransformName = RD-108A-Vernier
	gimbalRange = 5
	useGimbalResponseSpeed = false
	gimbalRangeYP = 0
	gimbalRangeYN = 0
	gimbalRangeXP = 5
	gimbalRangeXN = 5
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Svm420 said:

What do you mean? That is a feature since post 1.0


MODULE
{
	name = ModuleGimbal
	gimbalTransformName = RD-108A-Vernier
	gimbalRange = 5
	useGimbalResponseSpeed = false
	gimbalRangeYP = 0
	gimbalRangeYN = 0
	gimbalRangeXP = 5
	gimbalRangeXN = 5
}

 

I already discussed this with other modders. Just wasn't able to post. :P It's already implemented, though thanks, still. It did perform just as much as the dirty trick I did. The problem with fixed gimbals such as this is that it can't correct itself in prolonged pitching. If you immelmann turn for example it rolls away (left or right) at some point and you can't perfectly turn back. So you need to actually have the main wings pitch as well instead of just the rear ailerons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackheart612

Looks quite nice, so is it possible for me to get early access to it so i can help you to improve it.

Also, there is something in my mind, i want to recommend if you plan to implement something new to your patch; v_22_gallery_med_01_960x600.jpgbellagusta-ba609-civil-twin-engined-tilt

This kind of engine would be cool in this pack imo, I used to make planes like this with help of infernal robotics but it's not updated officially yet and i really dont want to dig deep into tweaking old mods. I'd like to hear from other people about this if they're interested or not.

Edited by qromodynmc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qromodynmc said:

This kind of engine would be cool in this pack imo, I used to make planes like this with help of infernal robotics but it's not updated officially yet and i really dont want to dig deep into tweaking old mods. I'd like to hear from other people about this if they're interested or not.

Well you know you'd probably still need IR for the tiltrotor function. Eskandare's KRX has the rotors themselves so an all-in-one part would be nice. And for the record, IR works just fine in 1.2.2. I didn't have to do any tweaking, it worked right out of the gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Well you know you'd probably still need IR for the tiltrotor function. Eskandare's KRX has the rotors themselves so an all-in-one part would be nice. And for the record, IR works just fine in 1.2.2. I didn't have to do any tweaking, it worked right out of the gate.

Really? I heard it had issues with autostrut and possibly KJR. If anyone using it atm, i'd be happy to hear how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Really? I heard it had issues with autostrut and possibly KJR. If anyone using it atm, i'd be happy to hear how it works.

Turn autostrut off on the IR parts. Rigid connection on. KJR has an updated version that corrects the IR issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever figure out the wheel code, could you make sideways retracting gear like this?

20140710102217481748.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

If you ever figure out the wheel code, could you make sideways retracting gear like this?

20140710102217481748.gif

Kerbal Foundries - Continued has some adjustable landing gear that deploy exactly like that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@qromodynmc I think @Angel-125 is developing a plugin to manage engines like that. I can do this in stock. Hold my water bottle. :P

@Murican_Jeb I have no idea as of now how to mirror left and right in the SPH/VAB. That's another thing to know for that. Because the gears are assymetric. I do also recommend Kerbal Foundries if you want to have ALG which pretty much does what you want already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc I think @Angel-125 is developing a plugin to manage engines like that. I can do this in stock. Hold my water bottle. :P

@Murican_Jeb I have no idea as of now how to mirror left and right in the SPH/VAB. That's another thing to know for that. Because the gears are assymetric. I do also recommend Kerbal Foundries if you want to have ALG which pretty much does what you want already.

Yup, I built a plugin for Buffalo's tiltrotor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going into my main career save as soon as I get time to play again. Gorgeous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

5gLQvj.png

Early testing for nose cone, I got my hopes high!

Now that's how this nosecone should look like:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.