blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.6.x] Airplane Plus - R26.0 (A lot of fixes) (Mar 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

@blackheart612 Btw i think you should add reaction wheels to other rotor parts, especially bigger ones because it's very hard to control gigantic helicopters :/

I think that works well with other rotor mods--as it properly simulates the pitch/collective performance of many helicopters and rotorcraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 9:14 PM, TMasterson5 said:

Thanks Ill get the tweakscale patch updated this weekend! Awesome stuff man

Could you add the tweakscale config to tweakscale itself instead of it being a seperate download?   Totally messed me up when updating to the new version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eberkain said:

Could you add the tweakscale config to tweakscale itself instead of it being a seperate download?   Totally messed me up when updating to the new version. 

I don't have any say in what goes into official tweakscale downloads so no sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackheart612

I have a possible problem/bug, request (if possible) …

Possible problem/bug…

Last night I downloaded the Mod, and installed 6 of the Top Left Engine in the Modern Engine on the OP (Sorry not sure of the name yet) I pair them with 4 Subsonic Jet engines in the Classic B-36 Peacemaker Bomber layout. When the Jets got up to speed the Propellers appear to slow down and stopped. I’m not sure if it by design or not.

The Request (If Possible)…

I’m wondering if it is possible for you to make the Propellers/Engines off of the B-36 Peacemaker…

Here a link to a picture B-36 Peacemaker’s Engines…

http://img05.deviantart.net/a2da/i/2015/301/0/c/six_turning_and_four_burning__b_36_peacemaker__by_davidkrigbaum-d9epd06.jpg

Some may say I just use the Tweakscale mod just to resize the propellers but I find that rescales everything & that throws off the rest of the Plane.

Lastly I would like to thank you blackheart612 for your time that you spent on this great mod!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Turk_WLF said:

@blackheart612

I have a possible problem/bug, request (if possible) …

Possible problem/bug…

Last night I downloaded the Mod, and installed 6 of the Top Left Engine in the Modern Engine on the OP (Sorry not sure of the name yet) I pair them with 4 Subsonic Jet engines in the Classic B-36 Peacemaker Bomber layout. When the Jets got up to speed the Propellers appear to slow down and stopped. I’m not sure if it by design or not.

The Request (If Possible)…

I’m wondering if it is possible for you to make the Propellers/Engines off of the B-36 Peacemaker…

Here a link to a picture B-36 Peacemaker’s Engines…

http://img05.deviantart.net/a2da/i/2015/301/0/c/six_turning_and_four_burning__b_36_peacemaker__by_davidkrigbaum-d9epd06.jpg

Some may say I just use the Tweakscale mod just to resize the propellers but I find that rescales everything & that throws off the rest of the Plane.

Lastly I would like to thank you blackheart612 for your time that you spent on this great mod!

The propeller stopped because the craft was going too fast. The propellers require a large amount of intake, where as the jets require very little. In other words, the plane was going so fast, there wasn't enough air for the prop engines but more than enough for the jets to continue. I do think that the b-36 engines are a great suggestion though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MadmanMorton said:

The propeller stopped because the craft was going too fast. The propellers require a large amount of intake,

It actually not the intake, the prop engines have fairly aggressive velocity curves that drop to 0 over a certain speed. When the aircraft is travelling faster than that velocity the engine cuts out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

It actually not the intake, the prop engines have fairly aggressive velocity curves that drop to 0 over a certain speed. When the aircraft is travelling faster than that velocity the engine cuts out.

 

It would be nice if it stopped dropping off at some low amount that allowed the engine to idle instead of cutting out, like maybe 3-5% or thereabouts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SSgt Baloo said:

It would be nice if it stopped dropping off at some low amount that allowed the engine to idle instead of cutting out, like maybe 3-5% or thereabouts.

 

I can write a MM patch that'll do just that, shouldn't take too long, gimme a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Turk_WLF It's true what they said, it's intended to be like that.

@SSgt Baloo It will take a while for it to be integrated to the pack so if @Citizen247 manages to patch it up, that'll be a temporary fix for people who want it.

For now, just as promised, I tested landing gears. The results are alright, but I hate that mirrorRefaxis messes up FXModuleLookAtConstraint. Since it's mirrored in the z-axis and FXModuleLookAtConstraint only looks with z-axis, it mirrors the mesh of the other side that uses the module. Which sucks tremendously. So this landing gear's suspension is only the wheel (visually). Even though it's capable of a proper visual suspension. If anybody knows a workaround, just let me know.

C4AAPhf.png

Edit:

DXOdPvy.png

Edited by blackheart612

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

I don't have any say in what goes into official tweakscale downloads so no sorry

You can just submit it to pellinors fork on github via a pull request, I have been adding alot of configs lately, I'm sure he would include it in the next release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eberkain said:

You can just submit it to pellinors fork on github via a pull request, I have been adding alot of configs lately, I'm sure he would include it in the next release. 

For the sake of simplicity and speed I wont be doing that sorry man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

For the sake of simplicity and speed I wont be doing that sorry man.

I can submit it for you if you would like.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone give me a guide on building helicopters? When i put the center of lift exactly above the CoM, it still flips over at some speed/throttle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FlyHighAviator said:

Can anyone give me a guide on building helicopters? When i put the center of lift exactly above the CoM, it still flips over at some speed/throttle...

 You don't want to use the center of lift, you want to use the center of thrust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SSgt Baloo Well, that was more difficult than I was expecting... Anyway, I think these configs should work, as ever just copy paste the code into a text file in the gamedata folder with the .cfg extension. With these engines shouldn't splutter out until the craft is travelling much faster, way faster than possible under the power the engines provide, except in a steep dive. If there's any problems please let me know.

@PART[51prop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.9
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.7 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[chaikaprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.7
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[hawkerprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.05 1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[fokkerprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[spadprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[109Prop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.0 0.05
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.3
			key = 0.4 0.4
			key = 0.3 0.5
			key = 0.2 0.6
			key = 0.1 0.7
			key = 0.05 0.8
			key = 0.0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[corsairprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2
			key = 0.15 1.8
			key = 0.35 2
			key = 0.5 2.25
			key = 0.533 2.5
			key = 0.571 2
			key = 0.6 1
			key = 1.2 0.15
			key = 1.3 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[fighterProp]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.4
			key = 0.4 0.5
			key = 0.3 0.6
			key = 0.2 0.7
			key = 0.1 0.8
			key = 0.05 0.9
			key = 0.01 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[merlin]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.5
			key = 0.4 0.6
			key = 0.3 0.7
			key = 0.2 0.8
			key = 0.1 0.9
			key = 0.05 1
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[spitfiremerlin]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.15
			key = 0.4 0.5
			key = 0.3 0.6
			key = 0.2 0.7
			key = 0.1 0.8
			key = 0.05 0.9
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[yakprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.5
			key = 0.4 0.6
			key = 0.3 0.7
			key = 0.2 0.8
			key = 0.1 0.9
			key = 0.05 1
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[zeroprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.15
			key = 0.4 0.45
			key = 0.3 0.5
			key = 0.2 0.6
			key = 0.1 0.8
			key = 0.05 0.9
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[609prop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.8 1.89316 3.418098
			key = 0.05875192 0.8775314 0.4564748 0.2891575
			key = 0.1583306 1 3.352347 5.258858
			key = 0.3687735 2 -1.074321 -1.396563
			key = 0.453742 0.5020632 -20.08426 -27.29297
			key = 0.48024 0.15 -10.55316 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[herculesprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 4.257315
			key = 0.05875192 0.5775314 4.51535 5.460775
			key = 0.1583306 0.8987856 1.954352 1.406301
			key = 0.3687735 0.9423077 -1.074321 -1.396563
			key = 0.453742 0.5020632 -11.09639 -27.29297
			key = 0.48024 0.15 -2.155498 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[KP12]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 4.257315
			key = 0.07558221 0.5198391 4.51535 5.460775
			key = 0.180771 0.8685658 1.954352 1.406301
			key = 0.426277 1 0.007580085 0.1067214
			key = 0.6839223 0.7173204 -3.140433 -3.111811
			key = 0.75 0.2067631 -14.63135 -2.227556
			key = 0.8 0.15 -0.7762069 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[predatorprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 1.420127
			key = 0.04332581 0.3051233 3.298521 5.189034
			key = 0.113666 0.8242664 3.404574 2.680233
			key = 0.3168801 1 -0.05841255 -0.9512597
			key = 0.3708841 0.8307655 -8.070393 -19.79053
			key = 0.390347 0.15 -2.155498 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[tbmProp]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 4.257315
			key = 0.3168801 1 -0.05841255 -0.2445999
			key = 0.4497007 0.6403973 -7.308682 -6.591367
			key = 0.4771196 0.191044 -20.40584 -7.28479
			key = 0.4923835 0.148169 -2.750149 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

@SSgt Baloo Well, that was more difficult than I was expecting... Anyway, I think these configs should work, as ever just copy paste the code into a text file in the gamedata folder with the .cfg extension. With these engines shouldn't splutter out until the craft is travelling much faster, way faster than possible under the power the engines provide, except in a steep dive. If there's any problems please let me know.


@PART[51prop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.9
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.7 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[chaikaprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.7
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[hawkerprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.05 1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[fokkerprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[spadprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0.7 0
			key = 0.6 0
			key = 0.5 0
			key = 0.4 0
			key = 0.3 0.1
			key = 0.218 0.15
			key = 0.17 0.15 -0.025 0.1
			key = 0.15 0.4
			key = 0.1 0.6
			key = 0.05 1.1
			key = 0 0.9
		}
	}
}

@PART[109Prop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.0 0.05
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.3
			key = 0.4 0.4
			key = 0.3 0.5
			key = 0.2 0.6
			key = 0.1 0.7
			key = 0.05 0.8
			key = 0.0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[corsairprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2
			key = 0.15 1.8
			key = 0.35 2
			key = 0.5 2.25
			key = 0.533 2.5
			key = 0.571 2
			key = 0.6 1
			key = 1.2 0.15
			key = 1.3 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[fighterProp]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.4
			key = 0.4 0.5
			key = 0.3 0.6
			key = 0.2 0.7
			key = 0.1 0.8
			key = 0.05 0.9
			key = 0.01 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[merlin]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.5
			key = 0.4 0.6
			key = 0.3 0.7
			key = 0.2 0.8
			key = 0.1 0.9
			key = 0.05 1
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[spitfiremerlin]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.15
			key = 0.4 0.5
			key = 0.3 0.6
			key = 0.2 0.7
			key = 0.1 0.8
			key = 0.05 0.9
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[yakprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.5
			key = 0.4 0.6
			key = 0.3 0.7
			key = 0.2 0.8
			key = 0.1 0.9
			key = 0.05 1
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[zeroprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 1.2 0
			key = 0.6 0.15
			key = 0.5 0.15
			key = 0.4 0.45
			key = 0.3 0.5
			key = 0.2 0.6
			key = 0.1 0.8
			key = 0.05 0.9
			key = 0 0.2
		}
	}
}

@PART[609prop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.8 1.89316 3.418098
			key = 0.05875192 0.8775314 0.4564748 0.2891575
			key = 0.1583306 1 3.352347 5.258858
			key = 0.3687735 2 -1.074321 -1.396563
			key = 0.453742 0.5020632 -20.08426 -27.29297
			key = 0.48024 0.15 -10.55316 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[herculesprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 4.257315
			key = 0.05875192 0.5775314 4.51535 5.460775
			key = 0.1583306 0.8987856 1.954352 1.406301
			key = 0.3687735 0.9423077 -1.074321 -1.396563
			key = 0.453742 0.5020632 -11.09639 -27.29297
			key = 0.48024 0.15 -2.155498 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[KP12]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 4.257315
			key = 0.07558221 0.5198391 4.51535 5.460775
			key = 0.180771 0.8685658 1.954352 1.406301
			key = 0.426277 1 0.007580085 0.1067214
			key = 0.6839223 0.7173204 -3.140433 -3.111811
			key = 0.75 0.2067631 -14.63135 -2.227556
			key = 0.8 0.15 -0.7762069 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[predatorprop]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 1.420127
			key = 0.04332581 0.3051233 3.298521 5.189034
			key = 0.113666 0.8242664 3.404574 2.680233
			key = 0.3168801 1 -0.05841255 -0.9512597
			key = 0.3708841 0.8307655 -8.070393 -19.79053
			key = 0.390347 0.15 -2.155498 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

@PART[tbmProp]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
	{
		-velCurve {}
		velCurve
		{
			key = 0 0.2 1.89316 4.257315
			key = 0.3168801 1 -0.05841255 -0.2445999
			key = 0.4497007 0.6403973 -7.308682 -6.591367
			key = 0.4771196 0.191044 -20.40584 -7.28479
			key = 0.4923835 0.148169 -2.750149 0
			key = 1 0
		}
	}
}

 

 

Roger, copy! I'm winding down today, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I already created the file and put it in Gamedata. We'll see how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

 You don't want to use the center of lift, you want to use the center of thrust. 

Oh yeah, typed it wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, FlyHighAviator said:

Just a suggestion. Maybe you can make an A-36 Apache style cockpit... Or another style of WW2 era cockpit. leea36a.jpg

p-40 cockpit we have is quite similar, isnt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FlyHighAviator said:

Oh yeah, typed it wrong...

You also want to make sure that your center of mass sits very low on the craft, or it will roll. Or use lots of reaction wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

You also want to make sure that your center of mass sits very low on the craft, or it will roll. Or use lots of reaction wheels.

Oh ill try that the, its always like in the middle...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.