blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.6.x] Airplane Plus - R26.0 (A lot of fixes) (Mar 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

Just now, blackheart612 said:

@Citizen247 I agree, but it also looks weird. There's a kerbal even without a kerbal. :confused:

Yeah... I don't know if there's a way to animate the model to remove the Kerbal when the capsule is uncontrolled. Academic anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@TMasterson5 Alright then, I'm just not sure which second part you're talking about, I'm gonna assume it's about the F-35 parts? Sorry about that, just a personal reason why I don't like it much.

The F-35 parts yeah but no offense taken, just a differing opinion is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2017 at 7:53 AM, blackheart612 said:

@TMasterson5 I feel very antagonistic now. :P But I actually don't like the F-35 that much. I do like the F-22 though. If I made F-35 parts, I'd make them really expensive, and still be not that great. Because that's how it is.

Anyways, just like I said, pseudo-razorbacks, I added a halved 0.625 fuel tank, and two Mk0 tail booms as long as the regular stock ones, as well as the shortened ones. Their radial attachments aren't like the regular parts, half of the mesh clip inside and if you use the editing tools, you can shape your 'razorback' the way you want, kind of.

aY42Qn4.png

If only those wings folded... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, i made an a-10, from landing gear.

unknown.png

unknown.png

if it looks stupid but works, it aint stupid ))))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Today, i made an a-10, from landing gear.

unknown.png

unknown.png

if it looks stupid but works, it aint stupid ))))

Looks like someone's been playing in the TweakScale box of goodies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Today, i made an a-10, from landing gear.

And here I was under the mistaken impression that the A-10 shot at tanks.  Apparently, it just rolls right over them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 True, although, even if they did, kind of pointless in stock KSP? Unless you have a carrier mod installed.

--

Anyway, little bit of update. Reason why I'm not updating that much is I'm thinking of how to implement some of the requested stuff and I've made the curves of the early props smoother. Still the same curves though. I did buff their power a little bit.

Though most recent creation is a rounded wing which is like the delta-deluxe but much bigger control surface and rounder. It was made for a H tail, but also works if not.

Nqz6XDR.pngNVkjetj.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@Angel-125 True, although, even if they did, kind of pointless in stock KSP? Unless you have a carrier mod installed.

--

Anyway, little bit of update. Reason why I'm not updating that much is I'm thinking of how to implement some of the requested stuff and I've made the curves of the early props smoother. Still the same curves though. I did buff their power a little bit.

Though most recent creation is a rounded wing which is like the delta-deluxe but much bigger control surface and rounder. It was made for a H tail, but also works if not.

Nqz6XDR.pngNVkjetj.png

 

 

Looks fancy, will be great on the Boeing 314 Clipper if you implement seaplane parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing pack! May I do a request? Concorde wings and tail are possible? MK4 by Nertea have the engine ramp intakes, it looks sweet, but the stock wings don't match very well :( 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Z1 M4N said:

Just wanted to share a Corsair from a while back:

l0lZDRX.jpg

Keep up the great work!

WOW! Can you give me your mod list please? Looks like you have some other parts that i still dont have! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 1:25 AM, FlyHighAviator said:

WOW! Can you give me your mod list please? Looks like you have some other parts that i still dont have! Thanks!

Hi!

Just note that the plane was from a 1.1.x save, but almost everything behind that engine (from airplane plus) is Procedural Wings, with the exception being components from NEBULA Decals (USAAF Decal), and Aviator Arsenal (Command Antenna).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Z1 M4N said:

Hi!

Just note that the plane was from a 1.1.x save, but almost everything behind that engine (from airplane plus) is Procedural Wings, with the exception being components from NEBULA Decals (USAAF Decal), and Aviator Arsenal (Command Antenna).

The cockpit too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FellipeC If you're up to using another mod, I recommend PWings, you can't do any better than that. All though I'm making the round wing, it's just like a delta deluxe-like wing, not modeled for a specific aircraft.

@FlyHighAviator I have indeed been trying to find a way to make some. So far, All I could think of is making pontoons as big as the regular sizes and make it clippable. So far, I have only made 2.5m parts for tests, thanks to the frequent power outtages on my place recently.

zsveJjM.pngbn4RnTw.png

I had a hard time taking this off from the sea, but today I learned, I had to use the two-slotted flaps. It actually helped.

 

 

 

Another thing is, currently, it clips to the inside so basically, it's un-EVA-able from most of the doors if the setup is like this. So I must find a way to overcome that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i'll criticize this time. Im not fan of this design tbh, if you ask me, you should make underwing floats at different sizes so plane body wont touch to water at all or touch a little.

examples;

Jdombs-Travels-Seaplane-Maldives-1.jpg

I know these are rather small compared to mk3s but, there is way making mk3 floats underbody without looking ugly. unless you do unibody (fuselage and floats together) design.

 Which will require new cockpit parts, body and tails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pontoons might work for 1.25m, but not for 2.5m... Flying boat! What if the 2.5m parts were radial-attached, with a concave cutout on the attachment side? Sorta like a conformal fuel tank.

JpiFJ.jpg

 

Edited by kiwinanday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@qromodynmc @kiwinanday 
These prototype pontoons are made to be used as 1.25m sized as well. In case it wasn't clear, there are 3 parts to this, a "nosecone" type, "fuselage" type and "tailboom" type of pontoon, making it like the plane parts and modular. If these are sized 1.25m, you could make the same pontoons as most planes. The only reason it was sized 2.5m is for it to be clipped on 2.5m fuselages or, if for some reason you wanted to have huge pontoons.
I'm having a rough time with this idea because I kind of don't like the making of new parts specifically for seaplanes because it's kind of straying too far so I'd like it to be largely optional. So if it doesn't work out, it might become just 1.25m or smaller in the end, or not be released at all. The problem I have is how the "nosecone" and "tailboom" will be flushed together with the clipped part, unless it's not clipped and just a pontoon of course. Else, it's really going to need its own set of parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc @kiwinanday 
These prototype pontoons are made to be used as 1.25m sized as well. In case it wasn't clear, there are 3 parts to this, a "nosecone" type, "fuselage" type and "tailboom" type of pontoon, making it like the plane parts and modular. If these are sized 1.25m, you could make the same pontoons as most planes. The only reason it was sized 2.5m is for it to be clipped on 2.5m fuselages or, if for some reason you wanted to have huge pontoons.
I'm having a rough time with this idea because I kind of don't like the making of new parts specifically for seaplanes because it's kind of straying too far so I'd like it to be largely optional. So if it doesn't work out, it might become just 1.25m or smaller in the end, or not be released at all. The problem I have is how the "nosecone" and "tailboom" will be flushed together with the clipped part, unless it's not clipped and just a pontoon of course. Else, it's really going to need its own set of parts.

Imo it wont worth to effort. I'd do adjustable length float legs + 2-3 different size floats if i could. Im not fan of underbody pontoons because it just doesnt suit to parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized: Is this ever going to become Tweakscale compatible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc Makes a lot of sense, it does pose a lot of problems. Now the problem would be why am just doing a recreation of firespitter's pontoons :P 

Well, it's up to you :P No offense to firespitter owner but i'd not use them for example. Anyway, as i said, if you want to make your mod bigger, you can do new pontoons. Or leave it as it is and polish it when it needs.

Btw i realize that we still miss mk2 bomb bay (b29 style ) :D:wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Imo it wont worth to effort. I'd do adjustable length float legs + 2-3 different size floats if i could. Im not fan of underbody pontoons because it just doesnt suit to parts.

I dunno. They can be done to look right. Granted, this is on the 1.25 fuselage:

SJnRtvI.jpg

aORghgG.jpg

naMeZwY.jpg

She flies well and I do use her a lot. Only thing is the turboprops do not have the visual appeal - in screenshots, it literally stops them, instead of having the spinning effect.  But I guess you cannot have everything. Oh, and the turboprops were in a mod pack that relies on Firespitter...

The pontoons are from the mod, STX - Continued:

 

Edited by adsii1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.