blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.6.x] Airplane Plus - R26.0 (A lot of fixes) (Mar 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@AccidentalDisassembly The Size 2 Hull has a mesh switch to have a ramp to the existing Size 2 Fuselages, as seen a few posts above.
The module in the KT6C is airbrake module, the only way I know to be able to set the angle 0-90 degrees rather than just a flip animation.
The node attach that I use is from KSP I think, at least I based it at that. It's hard to angle all these to mirror properly in SPH so I hope people understand that this is the consequence for it.

The sentence before this is precisely why the gears and the KT6C is snapping to front everytime. It's how to get them to mirror properly, plus the front is always up front, so it's a good enough compromised. ( @MadmanMorton and @DarkOwl57 ) So if the mirror doesn't work properly, that's the problem.

Also, it's the new scatterer. It's so good that I'll post this everywhere:

Eq49IXf.png

Cool, a P-38 Lightning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skylon said:

Thanks :) 

Maybe the larger rotors could gimbal/tilt?

That's a whole 'nother can of worms. Reaction wheels to simulate that functionality is totally reasonable. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ethanwdp I don't even know why it's like that, but yeah, you have to do some hocus pocus to get their orientation right. Don't trust the CoT's direction. Also, that doesn't use FSEngine despite looking like a rotorwing.

@Raptor22 Will happen most likely on next release, but it's planned

@Micro753 Probably just forgotten one for chinookprop, others visually have no intakes and thus, are not supposed to have it. Just like the KP-12.

@Skylon Technically that's possible, but that'll only help in redirecting the thrust in a specific angle, not controlling the craft, so it'll still be out of control. VTOLs are weird.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, @blackheart612, #1, the new parts are fabulous! #2, I was working on porting my Warbird Cockpit to your P-40 style cockpit and it's looking pretty great. Problem is, the collider (in the internal model) to change the camera is in between the original camera position and the whole front of the cockpit, so there's no way to actually put clickable props in the cockpit. Any way you could resize/replace that collider so that it's not in the way?

Also @kiwinanday, the magnificent @Citizen247 made new thrust curves for the engines in March that I've been using this week and they are pretty great. You have to copy the code from here and put it in a .cfg file in your GameData folder for it to work. I've been working on and off on new atm curves to help the engines match historical performance at various altitudes, but I haven't been devoting a whole lot of time to it. I'm trying to make them fit with my WIP Warbird Cockpits mod, and so I plan on releasing them as an optional file as that continues to come out.

Edited by theonegalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theonegalen Well, the collider to click for the camera is basically in the kerbal's face. The problem is where the collider is is basically where the camera is. Therefore, if I put the collider in front of the dashboard, the camera is there too. I can remove it if you want though, the view from the cockpit seems clear enough compared to the zero cockpit anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would you feel about moving the initial camera point / kerbal seat to where the camera collider is now? The camera collider position is just about perfect.

Edited by theonegalen
fixed spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when you did that rotary engine? (The Baron engine)

Do you think you can create another one?

It's called the BMW 801. It was used in the Fw-190, and some people don't notice the rotating part in the Fw-190's engine.

Here's a pic to give you an idea. Lokk at the bottom picture which shows the front of the Fw-190. See the things that look like wheel spokes?

Those are the rotating parts. They rotate with the propeller.

1280px-FW190_A8_3Seiten_Wiki2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone, I seem to have a bit of an issue with the mod...

Everytime I try to launch KSP_X64.exe file, it crashes when loading on.... "AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/flaps/straightslat/straightslat"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6j7oUXSxa__LTJpVDJpWGU0N00

There-in contains crash.dmp, error.log, and output_log.txt where-in the crashing seems to occur...

At the moment I have disabled the mod in hopes that I can play KSP without the burden of crashing to the ground

Have a good day! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Duck Kerbal said:

Hello Everyone, I seem to have a bit of an issue with the mod...

Everytime I try to launch KSP_X64.exe file, it crashes when loading on.... "AirplanePlus/Parts/Aero/flaps/straightslat/straightslat"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6j7oUXSxa__LTJpVDJpWGU0N00

There-in contains crash.dmp, error.log, and output_log.txt where-in the crashing seems to occur...

At the moment I have disabled the mod in hopes that I can play KSP without the burden of crashing to the ground

Have a good day! :D

That isn't AP+'s fault. Uninstall it and it'll crash on something else. What mods are you running? DI you still have the squad folder on gamedata? R o you have MM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EVA_Reentry said:

That isn't AP+'s fault. Uninstall it and it'll crash on something else. What mods are you running? DI you still have the squad folder on gamedata? R o you have MM?

Ah, it seems so.

I opened KSP without the AirplanePlus and it crashed with another mod on the loading bar, Aerotech...

The mods I'm running currently are...

ActionGroupsExtended, AoA Technologies, Astronomers Visual Pack (it got repacked on space-dock), Aviation Cockpits, Bolt-On-Screenshot-System (BOSS), Firespitter (included in AoA-Technologies and a few other mods), Hullcam VDS Continued, IndicatorLights, KAX, Kerbal Foundries, Mk2 Stockalike-Expansion, Procedural Winds, Quiztech AeroPack Continued, RasterPropMonitor, Toolbar, TweakScale, VanguardTechnologies, VesselView, Who-Am-I (yup its a mod)

Yes I have downloaded a separate module manager as different mods had different versions of it so I just downloaded the latest since it seemed logical..  (does that complicate things?)

Yes I still do have squad on my gamedata

Thank you for your reply :)

 

 

Edited by Duck Kerbal
forgot one detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Remember when you did that rotary engine? (The Baron engine)

Do you think you can create another one?

It's called the BMW 801. It was used in the Fw-190, and some people don't notice the rotating part in the Fw-190's engine.

Here's a pic to give you an idea. Lokk at the bottom picture which shows the front of the Fw-190. See the things that look like wheel spokes?

Those are the rotating parts. They rotate with the propeller.

1280px-FW190_A8_3Seiten_Wiki2.JPG

BMW 801 was a radial, not a rotary. The spinning bits you're thinking of was a cooling fan for the cylinders, which were fixed:
1920px-BMW_801D_Duxford.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kiwinanday I play some WWII simulators and if you look closely at the engine of an Fw-190 if you were to play a simulator (like IL-2), you could see the spinning parts.

Also:

2 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

cooling fan for the cylinders
 

Shouldn't a cooling fan spin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Murican_Jeb My syntax was off. The cooling fan (black in reference picture) spins, but the cylinders themselves are fixed. The Focke-Wulf used a revolutionary cooling system (for a radial), where air was sucked in through a hole in the tip of the prop spinner, then blown over the hot cylinder heads by the cooling fan. This allowed the cowling to be extremely tight-fitting, reducing drag. 

Check it out—you can see the cooling fan spinning, but the cylinders (aft of the cowl leading edge) are stationary. You can also see how close to where the cowling would be the cylinders are—normally, that'd make for an overheating mess, if not for the cooling fan.

ASIDE, I would love to have a BMW 801 for my planes.

Edited by kiwinanday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kiwinanday I never meant the engine but I think I must've explained it wrong. Thanks for pointing out where I got it wrong :)

But still, an engine with a spinning cooling fan would be nice, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any chance of, or has someone made: new IVAs for the helicopter cockpits?

I'm using the bell-style cockpit for a VTOL i made, but it's EXTREMELY hard to fly from IVA, due to the practically useless instrumentation in IVA.

Anyone else have this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a mini-delta with a bit more rake than the Wing Connector I? Basically a half-sized Wing B? The Wing D is a miniature Wing A, but the B has no counterpart.

Yg9XJfa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unknown.png

unknown.png

Modders like you (and blackrack of course) are legends mate. My ksp looks awesome and i can create whatever i want, i hope you guys update your mods till 2050s so i can create planes in virtual reality with photorealistic graphics :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 11:07 AM, blackheart612 said:

@AccidentalDisassembly The Size 2 Hull has a mesh switch to have a ramp to the existing Size 2 Fuselages, as seen a few posts above.
The module in the KT6C is airbrake module, the only way I know to be able to set the angle 0-90 degrees rather than just a flip animation.
The node attach that I use is from KSP I think, at least I based it at that. It's hard to angle all these to mirror properly in SPH so I hope people understand that this is the consequence for it.

Didn't know that about mirroring - seems like mirroring is just not one of the things that KSP does easily. =(

With respect to the rotors - cargo bays and such have a "deploy limiter" that halts the animation at an arbitrary percent, could that not be used for the engines? It has the same effect on an animation (so far as I can tell) as the authority limiter for the airbrake module, but would require toggling the engine through an action group other than brakes (which would be preferable IMO - sometimes you just want the wheel brakes and airbrakes, and you don't want to change thrust direction, when you hit B).

There seems to be some kind of collider funkiness with the tiltrotor as well - Maybe this has to do with the fact that it's an animated part (?), but when in default position, the collider for the blades is above the blades - you can see in this picture that the engine (which is upside down) causes the craft to rest off the ground visually:

htGmR9H.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Duck Kerbal said:

Ah, it seems so.

I opened KSP without the AirplanePlus and it crashed with another mod on the loading bar, Aerotech...

The mods I'm running currently are...

ActionGroupsExtended, AoA Technologies, Astronomers Visual Pack (it got repacked on space-dock), Aviation Cockpits, Bolt-On-Screenshot-System (BOSS), Firespitter (included in AoA-Technologies and a few other mods), Hullcam VDS Continued, IndicatorLights, KAX, Kerbal Foundries, Mk2 Stockalike-Expansion, Procedural Winds, Quiztech AeroPack Continued, RasterPropMonitor, Toolbar, TweakScale, VanguardTechnologies, VesselView, Who-Am-I (yup its a mod)

Yes I have downloaded a separate module manager as different mods had different versions of it so I just downloaded the latest since it seemed logical..  (does that complicate things?)

Yes I still do have squad on my gamedata

Thank you for your reply :)

 

 

Sorry, forums are blocked at school. So, not CKAN? Try sorting the differen mods by size. Foundries and Vis Pack have caused problems w/me in the past. What system are you on? (Windows/Mac/Lx)

 

PS can u send me the Procedural WInds folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Numberyellow said:

is there any chance of, or has someone made: new IVAs for the helicopter cockpits?

I'm using the bell-style cockpit for a VTOL i made, but it's EXTREMELY hard to fly from IVA, due to the practically useless instrumentation in IVA.

Anyone else have this problem?

Working on it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theonegalen It should be fine, not sure about the chair, as it should also move as the kerbal moves (which will make the back of the chair awkwardly spacious). Maybe I could move the kerbal view camera alone though, that I'm not sure, I'll see what I can do.

@Murican_Jeb Certainly an interesting engine. I'm interested in adding more, but as it is, the pre-modern engine has a lot in its arsenal. If I'd have to add engines, I would like them to be way later when many parts are in already. Another issue is I'm addicted to adding engine sounds which adds to the file size, which is already bloated since I first released two parts. :P My upload time is getting longer and longer.

@AccidentalDisassembly Keep in mind that colliders and meshes are different. And to keep the polygon count low, the colliders aren't the exactly the same as the mesh, but just a... well, kind of a circle around the proximity of the spinning blade. That's why it's like that upside down.
Another thing, the part isn't animated, but the rotation is made possible due to module functioning. This helps in making mirrored parts move simultaneously instead of setting them per part. As far as I know, using animation instead make the animation play for the specific part instead. Example, if you set the right engine's clamping to a certain percent, the other part will be stuck until you also change that to the same amount as the right (or else you'll crash). In using the airbrake module, changing the left changes the right at the same time, vice versa. You can remove the braking action group in the action group tab, unless you're in career and don't have it yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EVA_Reentry said:

Sorry, forums are blocked at school. So, not CKAN? Try sorting the differen mods by size. Foundries and Vis Pack have caused problems w/me in the past. What system are you on? (Windows/Mac/Lx)

 

PS can u send me the Procedural WInds folder?

Yes, I didn't use CKAN as to make sure that everything works (although it is untrue :p). I am on Windows 10

Astronomers Vis Pack

Airplane Plus

AoA-Tech

Firespitter

Kerbal Foundries

KAX

MK2 Stockalike Expansion

Vanguard Tech

HullcamVDS

Aviation Cockpits

RasterPropMonitor

Procedural Wings

IndicatorLights

Tweakscale

ActionGroupsExtended

Toolbar

Bolt-On-Screenshot-System (B.O.S.S.)

Who-Am-I

That's all the mods, largest to smallest file size...

Heyo, I found the problem...

Although I installed 8 gigabytes of ram, somehow my PC only detected 3.6 gigabytes of usable ram, so basically everytime I tried to launch KSPx64, it crashes due to memory loss...

As a temporary solution (or maybe permanent), I swapped both my ram cards so now the system detects 8 gigabytes of usable ram :)

No wonder photoshop really lags...

Thank you for your help :)

 

 

 

 

Edited by Duck Kerbal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.