[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

@blackheart612 I love everything I have seen from the Videos and from the photos, I am currently build a KSP Pack for my Twitch series starting tomorrow... so I am in a little of a time crunch I am curious, does this have the Community Tech Tree Support? I looked through the files and wasn't able to pinpoint a .cfg for it. I would assume not, in that case but, however I could have missed it or it could be somewhere in the code that I do not know about. 

Apologies for the simple yet bothersome question, I am not sure how the KSP or the CCT handles parts for Career/Science when gating parts... something I should look into I guess. 

Thanks for your time, <3

Necro

7 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@zeineizoku I don't have a patch for Community Tech Tree. You might want to take it to them especially as I'm not familiar with it.

I see, that is okay the CTT is a Mod Dev Voluntary base anyways. I have been having issues getting the Mod Pack I want to run, I was up for 14 hours trying things... -_- so I am going to try again today before I cry for help. So I will ask this way, without the CTT if I add your mod to a Career game would everything be spaced in the Tech nodes or would they be lost to me without being in Sandbox?

again I know, dumb question but I am not sure if mods get auto tech's by the KSP Client or if the Devs, such as yourself, have to write it into the mod itself.

Thanks Blackheart612 ^_^

16 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Wolf123 What are you trying to do? I just tried placing it with the wheels out right now, and I was able to mirror it. I can't replicate it so if you could kindly provide a picture.

I think I know what @Wolf123 is mentioning; I was attempting to put the low fixed gear on the tail of a plane, and wanted to rotate it around the other way, but every time it would reach the 90-degree point, it would reverse and go back to rotating "forward."

Edit: It was the "Hawk" gear (blackhawk helicopter landing wheel)

Edited by Beetlecat

55 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I think I know what @Wolf123 is mentioning; I was attempting to put the low fixed gear on the tail of a plane, and wanted to rotate it around the other way, but every time it would reach the 90-degree point, it would reverse and go back to rotating "forward."

This happens to me with the Hawk gear too.

31 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

The airliner and cargo plain right before the part images don't have craft file links.

I'd also like to recommend naming the real-life inspirations for your builds on KerbalX. Some of them are obvious, like the Aeris 2A, and Hummingbird Mk2, but some are not, like the Aeris 1A, Hummingbird Mk1, and Arrowhead Mk3.

7 hours ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

The Mk1 nose trunk not only used been a cargo bay, But also service as a cool-looking cockpit.
itTjbtx.png

i4ZaRXT.png

And by using some kind of "Biological technology", This ship can be made....

mullxyx.png

aHjSwKf.png

I smell R-Type. :wink:

@Vladokapuh I can't do anything about it. It's tweakscale not recognizing FSEngineBladed. You should take it to Tweakscale and report the Firespitter module isn't recognized.

@redmonddkgamer I've updated their descriptions, as well as expanded it because I just realized it is cut because the box was too small. Also, I separated the Size 2 Planes in the pictures with a horizontal rule because I still can't find my craft files.

5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Vladokapuh I can't do anything about it. It's tweakscale not recognizing FSEngineBladed. You should take it to Tweakscale and report the Firespitter module isn't recognized.

Oh, i thought it was the tweakscale patch not working right, ill report it there then, thanks :)

I have a small request too, there is Mk2 cargo bay you've made, but its very short and i have to use lots of them, could you make multiple lengths of that, like stock cargo bays are? (x2 and x4 length probably)
Would help low end machines like mine with part count :P
YqMduYB.jpg

11 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

I've updated their descriptions, as well as expanded it because I just realized it is cut because the box was too small. Also, I separated the Size 2 Planes in the pictures with a horizontal rule because I still can't find my craft files.

Thanks, but if you find the craft files for the Size 2 Planes, please post them, they look like nice little light cargo planes to play with.

As far as I know, there isn't a community tech tree patch available for this awesome mod. I am about to create one.

Do you have a github page so I can make a pull request for that?

Or is it easier if I upload the patch and you'll bundle it with your next release if it's to your liking?

I have just finished the patch and hope you’ll bundle it with Airplane Plus in the future. Here are my thoughts behind it:

Motivation: Community Tech Tree adds three aircraft related nodes. While Airplane Plus is technically compatible with CCT due to its non-intrusive nature, it doesn't take advantage of the additional nodes provided by the plugin. This patch aims to reassign some of parts added by Airplane Plus to new research nodes to facilitate meaningful decisions by the player. The modified position of these parts within the technology tree is based on the location of stock parts and parts of other mods. It preserves the research pacing by not altering the assigned research level of any part.

Modified research flow with CTT installed:

• Level 1 to Level 3: since CTT does not provide any additional aircraft research nodes until level 4, no changes have been done to any parts within these levels.
  • Level 4: CTT introduces a new node “Subsonic Flight” which now contains all level 4 propeller engines added by Airplane Plus. This node is supposed to be unlocked together with “Aerodynamics” to gain access to more powerful engines that focus on subsonic atmospheric flight. It may also be ignored until later to allow faster progression elsewhere in the tree. No changes have been made to anything but the engines to not artificially restrict aircraft design options at this state.
  • Level 5: CTT introduces a new node called “Efficient Flight Systems” which now contains all size 2 parts added by Airplane Plus as well as all propeller engines in this level. This basically allows the player three options when reaching this part of the technology tree: a) unlock “Efficient Flight Systems” (requires “Subsonic Flight”) and unlock even more powerful propeller engines and the heavy-duty size 2 fuselages doubling down on subsonic atmospheric flight, b) unlock “Supersonic Flight” to gain access to the sleeker MK2 fuselage and supersonic jet engines or c) “Advanced Aerodynamics” to gain access to additional wing and helicopter parts. The point of all this is to force the player to decide which kind of aircraft they need at this stage: Subsonic and efficient transport aircraft, fuel guzzling supersonic aircraft or staying with the baseline with “Advanced Aerodynamics” and gain helicopter parts as a bonus.
  • Level 6: unfortunately, CTT does not add any new technologies in this level.
  • Level 7: I couldn’t find any parts added by Airplane Plus in this level to populate the last aircraft research added by CTT. I was tempted to move some parts up a level to put them into the still empty “Specialized Flight Systems” but decided against it to not artificially restrict access to them by placing them in an expensive and difficult to reach part of the tree.

Download: The patch can be found here. As with all MM patches, it may be placed anywhere within the GameData folder that is not a PluginData folder.

License: is patch operates under the CC0 Free-Culture-License

88x31.png

I will keep an eye on this mod in the future to keep updating this patch. You may also contact me about changes to this patch and give feedback – I’d like to know how you feel about the implications this has for your career games.

BTW: if you bundle this patch with your mod, you can add this badge to the OP to let people know it supports the mod:

ctt_small.png

Edited by Three_Pounds

29 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

I have just finished the patch and hope you’ll bundle it with Airplane Plus in the future. Here are my thoughts behind it:

Motivation: Community Tech Tree adds three aircraft related nodes. While Airplane Plus is technically compatible with CCT due to its non-intrusive nature, it doesn't take advantage of the additional nodes provided by the plugin. This patch aims to reassign some of parts added by Airplane Plus to new research nodes to facilitate meaningful decisions by the player. The modified position of these parts within the technology tree is based on the location of stock parts and parts of other mods. It preserves the research pacing by not altering the assigned research level of any part.

Modified research flow with CTT installed:

• Level 1 to Level 3: since CTT does not provide any additional aircraft research nodes until level 4, no changes have been done to any parts within these levels.
  • Level 4: CTT introduces a new node “Subsonic Flight” which now contains all level 4 propeller engines added by Airplane Plus. This node is supposed to be unlocked together with “Aerodynamics” to gain access to more powerful engines that focus on subsonic atmospheric flight. It may also be ignored until later to allow faster progression elsewhere in the tree. No changes have been made to anything but the engines to not artificially restrict aircraft design options at this state.
  • Level 5: CTT introduces a new node called “Efficient Flight Systems” which now contains all size 2 parts added by Airplane Plus as well as all propeller engines in this level. This basically allows the player three options when reaching this part of the technology tree: a) unlock “Efficient Flight Systems” (requires “Subsonic Flight”) and unlock even more powerful propeller engines and the heavy-duty size 2 fuselages doubling down on subsonic atmospheric flight, b) unlock “Supersonic Flight” to gain access to the sleeker MK2 fuselage and supersonic jet engines or c) “Advanced Aerodynamics” to gain access to additional wing and helicopter parts. The point of all this is to force the player to decide which kind of aircraft he needs at this stage: Subsonic and efficient transport aircraft, fuel guzzling supersonic aircraft or staying with the baseline with “Advanced Aerodynamics” and gain helicopter parts as a bonus.
  • Level 6: unfortunately, CTT does not add any new technologies in this level.
  • Level 7: I couldn’t find any parts added by Airplane Plus in this level to populate the last aircraft research added by CTT. I was tempted to move some parts up a level to put them into the still empty “Specialized Flight Systems” but decided against it to not artificially restrict access to them by placing them in an expensive and difficult to reach part of the tree.

Download: The patch can be found here. As with all MM patches, it may be placed anywhere within the GameData folder that is not a PluginData folder.

License: is patch works under the CC0 Free-Culture-License

88x31.png

I will keep an eye on this mod in the future to keep updating this patch. You may also contact me about changes to this patch and give feedback – I’d like to know how you feel about the implications this has for your career games.

so, the rockets fly in space before any prop invented... can-t understand tech tree

Just now, Acvila said:

so, the rockets fly in space before any prop invented... can-t understand tech tree

Exactly. Just like in the stock tech tree. The purpose of CTT is to expand it to allow more space for mod parts and more specialization especially in the later stages of the career. It isn't meant to change the progression paths too much.