[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

23 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Yes. Sorry if I'm replying too late. I'm almost releasing grounded so I'm focused there. The most recent hotpatch was rushed so it's got missing things such as the GameData folder. Hopefully fixed once I get back to APP

Thanks! :) 

Apology not at all needed, though it says a lot about you as a person. Thank you for that. 

I've noticed for a few updates now that some APP parts some to have no affect on FAR's area rule curve, as in the green line drops to zero for those parts. The parts I've noticed this on so far are the Mk1 buisness cockpit, Mk3S1.5 Viewer's cockpit, size 2 non-commercial cockpit and size 1.5 crew cabin. I suspect these parts might have some geometry that's messing with FAR but I'm not sure how I could go about figuring it out.

https://imgur.com/oAOeuzG

On 6/4/2019 at 5:54 AM, Wronk said:

I've noticed for a few updates now that some APP parts some to have no affect on FAR's area rule curve, as in the green line drops to zero for those parts. The parts I've noticed this on so far are the Mk1 buisness cockpit, Mk3S1.5 Viewer's cockpit, size 2 non-commercial cockpit and size 1.5 crew cabin. I suspect these parts might have some geometry that's messing with FAR but I'm not sure how I could go about figuring it out.

https://imgur.com/oAOeuzG

That question is more apropriate for FAR thread. APP does not support FAR directly, but other community members that use both, APP and FAR have made configuration files to support it. I assume it is something with either, mesh configuration or colliders, but can't tell more about it.

Edited by kcs123

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

That wuestion is more apropriate for FAR thread. APP does not support FAR directly, but other community members that use both, APP and FAR have made configuration files to support it. I assume it is something with either, mesh configuration or colliders, but can't tell more about it.

Ends up shortly afterwards someone one the FAR thread had a very similar problem and I found the solution:

https://imgur.com/gallery/RvYPn8y

Here's the MM patch config if anyone wants a template to edit/add other badly behaving parts:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr7wp3phxd8jeow/miscpartsAPP-FAR.cfg?dl=0

29 minutes ago, Wronk said:

Ends up shortly afterwards someone one the FAR thread had a very similar problem and I found the solution:

https://imgur.com/gallery/RvYPn8y

Here's the MM patch config if anyone wants a template to edit/add other badly behaving parts:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr7wp3phxd8jeow/miscpartsAPP-FAR.cfg?dl=0

Yeah, I noticed possible solution in last few posts, but I was not having time to test it and find exact part names for APP parts. I'm glad that you were able to find solution and provide help for others.

17 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

Could we get a part variant on the Cessna Cockpit so that it includes the "Omni-view" window featured on later models?

https://i.imgur.com/PPFiKEr.jpg[/img]

Just go the link it shows it...

The rear part? Yes, I've thought about it. So far I have absolutely no idea how to implement it without breaking into a new bulkhead. Remember that we're stuck with what stock has in APP, in fact, I already pushed it with Mk3sX series but it still obeys the tradition of everything. The back of the current cockpit is exactly Mk3S1, forming a window out of it will make it smaller than Mk3s1 and mk3s0 is the next in line which will be way smaller. Making it the end instead, like a tail fin could work too but basically the usage of it is just for that, making a cessna, not modular. Thus I left it out. I know a lot of people have a lot of requests but I follow some kind of implementation rule and I want to maximize part usage aside from making it close to the real ones. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. If I find any way and I get back to that set, perhaps it'll be on the pack one day. But right now, that's the explanation.

4 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

I want to maximize part usage aside from making it close to the real ones. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say

A great policy by the way. No parts mod should be designed in such a way that it dialogues only with itself. I often design planes that mix airplane plus + stryker + SXT + ministry of space, and the fact that they all go excellent together is a compliment to all of them. 

Now, to sit down, relax and wait which one of them will be the first to fill in the only outstanding airplane's parts gap we still have: blisters, glazed noses and tails, observation cupolas. ... 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:34 AM, blackheart612 said:

it is just for that, making a cessna, not modular. Thus I left it out. I know a lot of people have a lot of requests but I follow some kind of implementation rule and I want to maximize part usage aside from making it close to the real ones. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. If I find any way and I get back to that set, perhaps it'll be on the pack one day. But right now, that's the explanation.

If it does get added I look forward to it, so I guess we are stuck with the older style air-frames made by Cessna, oh well they still look amazing!

On 10/15/2018 at 8:00 PM, blackheart612 said:

It's an issue reported to me already not very recently. It's an old habit of mine to use the file before, so it's an artifact of my unity exporting behavior :P I gotta fix that when I remember. Is what I said before too.

@AccidentalDisassembly Sounds useful. But I have no idea what to do...

@theonegalen For an airplane based mods, I seem blissfully unaware about part aerodynamics. Do they really not? I believe I used a standard config for it.

>>>Also, breaking news, I'm from 1.5!

And surprisingly, very surprisingly, so far, everything works. Even firespitter. Even other mods in my install. So... wow. Alright, then. 

Gonna bump this for the 8mo anniversary reminder.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:34 PM, blackheart612 said:

The rear part? Yes, I've thought about it. So far I have absolutely no idea how to implement it without breaking into a new bulkhead.

Well I've tried replicating the Omniview windows by putting two of the cockpits back-to-back and it fits. With the 'stock AP+' for sure.

Anyhow, why not give a fresher mane name styling of Airplane Plus? I suggest Airplane+.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Yet another typo after a long time without it.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:13 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

Well I've tried replicating the Omniview windows by putting two of the cockpits back-to-back and it fits.

Ah I didn't think about trying that! Now how to get the folding gear of a Cessna 210...

Also just noticed this says 1.4.x to 1.6.x it also works just fine in 1.7 with the only issue being load time (it stops responding at every single loading screen).

3 hours ago, Baconoobolo10101 said:

yes

Did you extract the zip file to a KSP related folder? :D(sorry, that one was just too easy)

On a more serious note: I recommend you get CKAN. It's a small program that lets you browse and install a lot of KSP mods. For mods that need other mods to work it'll even automatically let you know and download/install those too.

You can get it here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases (scroll down a bit for the link, the one you want is "ckan.exe" for Windows and "ckan.dmg" for Mac)

Edited by Jognt

Has anyone tried making windows reflective with the help of Textures Unlimited mod? I tried understanding the way it works with stock parts and recolour depot but it seemed too complex for me, i think there was an extra complexity going on with recolour depot, there must be an easy way.

I hate to be a pest, but I haven't seen anyone post this question before.  Is there any ETA on compatibility with 1.7? I'm using CKAN for the most part, but have Airplane Plus manually installed.  When I open KSP it goes through all the parts fine the first time, but on the second run through it gets stuck on the first airplane plus part.

4 hours ago, coolkirk1701 said:

I hate to be a pest, but I haven't seen anyone post this question before.  Is there any ETA on compatibility with 1.7? I'm using CKAN for the most part, but have Airplane Plus manually installed.  When I open KSP it goes through all the parts fine the first time, but on the second run through it gets stuck on the first airplane plus part.

It gets stuck while loading the game?

If that's the case, its a known issue in heavily modded games, it doesn't have anything to do with the particular mod it stops (in your case, Airplane Plus)

Try to delete the ModuleManager.ConfigCache from GameData folder (I also delete the PartDatabase.cfg from the main KSP folder), it usually works.

If Use the new DLC to fold up a plane with these parts, will propellers break?  I want to put Grunded vehicles in a plane, protect it from heat with a mk 3 cargo bay, and send it to Laythe as in instant base.

11 hours ago, GKSP said:

If Use the new DLC to fold up a plane with these parts, will propellers break?  I want to put Grunded vehicles in a plane, protect it from heat with a mk 3 cargo bay, and send it to Laythe as in instant base.

If you're not talking about whether the save file or the craft save will break if using Breaking Ground parts (i.e Whether propellers break if clipping other parts), then no, it'll not break.

To prove this, you can build a warbird-style plane and put a propeller. Spawn it without landing gears or with landing gears retracted. Profit, the propeller goes through the ground. The propeller didn't have a collision mesh; just its main engine body (But if you try to fold the engine in and it hot another part chances are it might break free from your craft).

Edited by FahmiRBLXian