blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.2 (Fixed old issues) (Oct 28, 2019)

Recommended Posts

Just now, blackheart612 said:

BTW Nice clipper but I'm more of a Corvette person (I don't have the rank yet though)

Thanks :) I never quite got the rank and money for a ‘vette, but you're right, she’s gorgeous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Personally, I've thought about this and you've reminded me. At some point I wanted to add it and forgot. Even more chance of it being added when I get the time. 

 

BTW Nice clipper but I'm more of a Corvette person (I don't have the rank yet though)

indeed i also remember suggesting it, though this one was regular plane cockpit, what i need atm is bubbly babbly big cockpit.

AyqjYv.jpg

is this possible?

Ads-z.png

 

 

Edited by qromodynmc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, qromodynmc said:

indeed i also remember suggesting it, though this one was regular plane cockpit, what i need atm is bubbly babbly big cockpit.

AyqjYv.jpg

is this possible?

Ads-z.png

 

 

Not sure yet tbh, I don't think any part exists in that shape so might need its own either way. But at least having a radial cockpit makes me have a reason to not make another Mk1 bulkhead cockpit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vaporschutz said:

Helicopter engines produce 0 thrust.

Give us a more detailed documentation (e.g Logs, screenshot, gave version, installed mods, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Getting the following error in the log on startup:

[LOG 15:53:29.584] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/part/b29cockpit'
[ERR 15:53:29.586] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 15:53:29.586] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

KSP 1.7.3 with all the latest updates to all mods and still persistent with a clean install. Log file

Hope this is easy to fix! I LOVE this mod! My father is a private pilot and he taught me to navigate in the right seat of a 172 when I was still a little girl (back before GPS when LORAN was the best NavAid in the world!) and I've always loved planes since. (not as much as HE does, but still... ^_^ )

Edited by RobertaME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vaporschutz said:

Helicopter engines produce 0 thrust.

Added to FAQ now since I noticed this has been a recurring question:

Quote

The Rotorwings have Current Thrust: 0 - is something wrong?

It's a Firespitter feature, the rotorwings use a custom module. The function is there's an RPM, blade "wings" spin, and the angle of wings determines the "thrust".

Let me know if this is not the case for you.

1 hour ago, RobertaME said:

Getting the following error in the log on startup:


[LOG 15:53:29.584] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/part/b29cockpit'
[ERR 15:53:29.586] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 15:53:29.586] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

KSP 1.7.3 with all the latest updates to all mods and still persistent with a clean install. Log file

Hope this is easy to fix! I LOVE this mod! My father is a private pilot and he taught me to navigate in the right seat of a 172 when I was still a little girl (back before GPS when LORAN was the best NavAid in the world!) and I've always loved planes since. (not as much as HE does, but still... ^_^ )

For you to love something I wasted time on - is not a waste of time anymore! I hope you enjoy :) 

Anyway, is it gamebreaking? Does the part not load?  Some of the cockpits have a very old problem that I am in debt now. Was bumped 2 months ago but I keep on pushing it back for other stuff. I suspect it's that. You have any in-game problems with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

For you to love something I wasted time on - is not a waste of time anymore! I hope you enjoy :) 

Anyway, is it gamebreaking? Does the part not load?  Some of the cockpits have a very old problem that I am in debt now. Was bumped 2 months ago but I keep on pushing it back for other stuff. I suspect it's that. You have any in-game problems with it?

I VERY much enjoy! I especially enjoy when my father comes over every weekend and I get to show off new planes I've built!

As for the part, anytime I try to use it there are, for lack of a better word, wonky things going on. I get weird performance, like the drag is randomly changing, and sometimes the part will just fail to populate in the parts list. IVA is beyond broken...and sometimes the whole cockpit becomes invisible. And then it will suddenly seem just work fine for a while... until it doesn't.

So no, it's not GAME-breaking... but the part is pretty much useless as-is. If that's the case here, I can live without it... I'll just ignore the part. (or more likely, just remove the CFG so it never populates) Disappointing, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. ::shrug:: Either way, let me know if you have any ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobertaME said:

I VERY much enjoy! I especially enjoy when my father comes over every weekend and I get to show off new planes I've built!

As for the part, anytime I try to use it there are, for lack of a better word, wonky things going on. I get weird performance, like the drag is randomly changing, and sometimes the part will just fail to populate in the parts list. IVA is beyond broken...and sometimes the whole cockpit becomes invisible. And then it will suddenly seem just work fine for a while... until it doesn't.

So no, it's not GAME-breaking... but the part is pretty much useless as-is. If that's the case here, I can live without it... I'll just ignore the part. (or more likely, just remove the CFG so it never populates) Disappointing, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. ::shrug:: Either way, let me know if you have any ideas.

Do you have pictures if they are visual? It will most likely help me identify the problem since I can't test if I can duplicate the issue right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

For you to love something I wasted time on - is not a waste of time anymore! I hope you enjoy :) 

Count me in too. I've used your mod to do some of the more insane challenges, like landing a submarine in the mountain lake, or making an amphibious mountain-climbing vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been able to get a pic due to the part not showing up in the menu at all now. My existing builds that used it refuse to load now with the error message that the part is missing. (and since it's the root part of each build, it can't be gotten around)

I'll have to create a fresh build with nothing but A+ and its dependencies to test. I'll let you know what I find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod is also very special for me, it's literally backbone of my ksp build, almost %70 of my planes use this mod, parts are extremely versatile. Also the modder, Blackheart is one of the best, he always care about our feedback with very nice attitude, something you cant always find.

bonus pix;

unknown.png?width=1192&height=671

unknown.png

Couldnt do it without ap+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RobertaME said:

Haven't been able to get a pic due to the part not showing up in the menu at all now. My existing builds that used it refuse to load now with the error message that the part is missing. (and since it's the root part of each build, it can't be gotten around)

I'll have to create a fresh build with nothing but A+ and its dependencies to test. I'll let you know what I find.

Do you use TextureReplacer or Textures Unlimited? I have a 'texture not found' error with b-29 cockpit but it doesn't prevent the part from being compiled and everything seems to work.

Quote

[LOG 12:20:25.892] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Command/b29cockpit/part/b29cockpit'
[ERR 12:20:25.893] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'airbuscockpittex' to replace

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 3:56 AM, Manul said:

That is why a huge canopy is required. If the canopy is almost the same size as the fuselage (as on pictures above) it might have enough space to fit an oversized kerbal's head.

Yeah, the old SXT cockpits, cool as they are, still are slightly too small on some of them.  

That said, it's not impossible to design one with enough height.  One just needs to extend both the top and bottom to make room, and then blend it back to 0.625 on each side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

This mod is also very special for me, it's literally backbone of my ksp build, almost %70 of my planes use this mod, parts are extremely versatile. Also the modder, Blackheart is one of the best, he always care about our feedback with very nice attitude, something you cant always find.

bonus pix;

unknown.png?width=1192&height=671

unknown.png

Sleek! Is that a T-38 Talon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, TMasterson5 said:

For anyone interested I made a tweakscale patch since the tweakscale compatibility for parts is hit or miss in LBPP. It is located here and I will keep it updated as  glorious new content is passed onto us peasants! @blackheart612 this is a different folder, could you please update your OP with this link instead of the old one as it wont lead to anything anymore? :D

 

DL Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g45l0djvbmypl3e/AABZ033reYyTd_6xV17txTR3a?dl=0

 

Simply download the mods patch you want(or them all) and place in your gameData folder

this doesn't exist anymore

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RelicSpaceAgency said:

this doesn't exist anymore

Have you checked date of that post ? It is way obsolete even if you are able to download it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Sleek! Is that a T-38 Talon?

Well I wanted to make F5, but these two are quite similar aren't they :)

19 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

From what mod are those landing gears?

Kerbal foundries continued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question on the function of ‘leiding edge slats’ and a note on their placing:

How are they supposed to work? I noticed that if I place them on the leading edge of my wings (curvy side up, pointy end forward, hinge in the back) and deploy them in flight, they generate quite a lot of ‘lift’ downwards. 

Ive been using them to plant my plane on the ground while braking/landing but from what I’ve read about real life flaps, they’re supposed to enhance lift?

I added another set of slats to the same wing edge, rotated 180° so these aid in take-off/slow flight, and noticed that they don’t rotate on their center. This means it’s virtually impossible to balance them left/right properly. It’s nothing that AtmosphereAutopilot can’t handle, but I am wondering how I could fix/math it to be exact. 

So basically: do they work as ‘intended’ (brakes, downforce)? And are there precise coordinates for the ends of them to do some CFG offsetting?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jognt said:

A question on the function of ‘leiding edge slats’ and a note on their placing:

How are they supposed to work? I noticed that if I place them on the leading edge of my wings (curvy side up, pointy end forward, hinge in the back) and deploy them in flight, they generate quite a lot of ‘lift’ downwards. 

Ive been using them to plant my plane on the ground while braking/landing but from what I’ve read about real life flaps, they’re supposed to enhance lift?

I added another set of slats to the same wing edge, rotated 180° so these aid in take-off/slow flight, and noticed that they don’t rotate on their center. This means it’s virtually impossible to balance them left/right properly. It’s nothing that AtmosphereAutopilot can’t handle, but I am wondering how I could fix/math it to be exact. 

So basically: do they work as ‘intended’ (brakes, downforce)? And are there precise coordinates for the ends of them to do some CFG offsetting?

 

The point of leading edge slats are to extend the wing area and allow the plane to maintain a higher angle of attack when landing without stalling. This allows a slower approach and a safer descent. I think you may have put them on wrong, when extended they should look like this

 220px-Airfrance.a318-100.f-gugj.arp.jpg

What you are using them for is essentially analogous to a spoiler, which is when a part of the wing extends up to dump the lift of the wing and drop the aircraft firmly to the deck on touchdown. I usually use the S.P.O.I.L.E.R. part in this pack which maps to the brakes action group by default for this

 220px-Lift_dumperinnerworkingsa320.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qromodynmc said:

 

Kerbal foundries continued.

Are you sure? I use kerbal foundries and thr ones I get look quite different. For one, they dont have the colorful stripes painted on the telescopic struts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

The point of leading edge slats are to extend the wing area and allow the plane to maintain a higher angle of attack when landing without stalling. This allows a slower approach and a safer descent. I think you may have put them on wrong, when extended they should look like this

 220px-Airfrance.a318-100.f-gugj.arp.jpg

What you are using them for is essentially analogous to a spoiler, which is when a part of the wing extends up to dump the lift of the wing and drop the aircraft firmly to the deck on touchdown. I usually use the S.P.O.I.L.E.R. part in this pack which maps to the brakes action group by default for this

 220px-Lift_dumperinnerworkingsa320.jpg

Yup, when attached they look like they would IRL. I noticed they are by default added to the ‘brakes’ action group though, so maybe it’s just due to KSP aero working differently. 

I’ll get some screenshots later to make sure I attached them properly just in case though. :/ 

Edit: the way they work as I placed them means they do increase lift at an AoA of 30°+, but before that point they actually create downforce. 

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Are you sure? I use kerbal foundries and thr ones I get look quite different. For one, they dont have the colorful stripes painted on the telescopic struts.

Then you most probably don't have latest version of Kerbal Foundries. Latest one is available to download only manualy from github because it is marked as pre-release and CKAN skip pre-release versions of any mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.