[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

Release 12

The time for flaps to be released has finally come :P Might only be for a few people's taste but it's fun to use. It helps in landing and some maneuvers. Here's the formal changelog of the current release (@TMasterson5):

Added Mk1 Intake with meshswitches based on Early MiG (15/17) and F-86 Sabre

Added Size 2 Radial Liquid Fuel Mount, the bulky thing on airliner wings

Added FAT wings A to G variants, Airliner type modular wings capable of holding fuel

Added Trailing Edge Two-slot Flap

Added Trailing Edge Slotted Flap

Added Leading Edge Krueger Flap

Added Leading Edge Slat Straight

Added S.P.O.I.L.E.R

Added Elevon 0, a halved Elevon 1 (@Aerospacer)

--

Modified Size 2 Commercial Cockpit mesh to have a better nose

Fixed price of Junior Mk1 Fuel Tank (@fourfa)

Fixed a misplaced CoL on a wing segment

Regulated wing segment prices

---

I hope people enjoy some deeper detailing in wingworks. I've added a video to demonstrate the flaps. I tried to land it the way I remember how landings went on the flights I've been in but it's probably a terrible reenactment. Also linked this on OP.

It's been a while. So here is my P-51-C Mustang, with new flaps and Elevon 0 (Thanks to @Aerospacer for making that idea, I was actually wanting an elevon like that :))

5FEE449EA6F9D8D72D1008375313438DD0FF7CD4 (1280×1024)

Edit: Another picture showing a target destroyed by a Mustang!

56AA9CDC1FF11AF95075BD34F16328A516131F72 (1280×1024)

Edited by Murican_Jeb
no moar pics = no moar clicks

4 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

also with real plume you can make exhaust effects for props which would look dope 

I never saw any propeller engines having new FX from real plume. Can you give me some info on that?

Spoiler

I'd recommend you PM me to stay on topic for this thread.

@blackheart612 the Krugers look amazing ..so does everything else....just wanted to ask you ..do you want me to update tweakscale file and post it here for the all the new parts,  in case anyone wanted to magic mushroom the parts. 

BTW the CFM looks amazing but i do have to say it has to be a bit bigger in size....thats too small even for the fuselage in your parts and the stock wings... 

P.S.   YOU ROCK!!!

20 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Release 12

The time for flaps to be released has finally come :P Might only be for a few people's taste but it's fun to use. It helps in landing and some maneuvers. Here's the formal changelog of the current release (@TMasterson5):

Added Mk1 Intake with meshswitches based on Early MiG (15/17) and F-86 Sabre

Added Size 2 Radial Liquid Fuel Mount, the bulky thing on airliner wings

Added FAT wings A to G variants, Airliner type modular wings capable of holding fuel

Added Trailing Edge Two-slot Flap

Added Trailing Edge Slotted Flap

Added Leading Edge Krueger Flap

Added Leading Edge Slat Straight

Added S.P.O.I.L.E.R

Added Elevon 0, a halved Elevon 1 (@Aerospacer)

--

Modified Size 2 Commercial Cockpit mesh to have a better nose

Fixed price of Junior Mk1 Fuel Tank (@fourfa)

Fixed a misplaced CoL on a wing segment

Regulated wing segment prices

---

I hope people enjoy some deeper detailing in wingworks. I've added a video to demonstrate the flaps. I tried to land it the way I remember how landings went on the flights I've been in but it's probably a terrible reenactment. Also linked this on OP.

Sweet I'll get to updating the tweakscale download tonight then! Thanks for the tag :) 

Thank you for the awesome feedback. I'm glad it was worth it to do em. People are definitely free to patch up configs for the parts, RPM, tweakscale, or even RealPlume for the jet. :)

@mechanicH The CFM is definitely downsized for 1.25m but no part in it is downsized, so if you want it to be closer to the original size, you can use tweakscale :D Like I said above, I encourage people to patch them up if they want to.

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Um I know i'm going to sound like a derp, but that's cause I am so.... If I already have the mod installed, do I have to put in the new mod folder or does it update on it's own?

Replace the old folder with the new folder.

@Daniel Prates They generate lift but not increase it, unless there's a proper model (such as FAR), it would be much close to a control surfaces. Even then it would be challenging to implement it, probably. Though, increased lift in lesser speeds can be kinda replicated (not simulated). At the video, I'm at full throttle there before landing just to balance out the lift spoiling but it looks like I'm maintaining a slower speed. :P Also, it really helps in landing (and pitching too)

20 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Daniel Prates They generate lift but not increase it, unless there's a proper model (such as FAR), it would be much close to a control surfaces. Even then it would be challenging to implement it, probably. Though, increased lift in lesser speeds can be kinda replicated (not simulated). At the video, I'm at full throttle there before landing just to balance out the lift spoiling but it looks like I'm maintaining a slower speed. :P Also, it really helps in landing (and pitching too)

Thanks! 

I spent the last two days checking out the parts. Excellent! They look pretty good.