[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

14 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

Can we please knock this off and get back to showing off pretty planes, offering support, and other general non-hostile faffery? Life's too short to be fighting over KSP.

nnCFRwZh.jpg

See? Airplane. Not a replica. Just does fly-y stuff. Well.

Thanks for the twin boom idea! Love the plane!

17 hours ago, kiwinanday said:

Can we please knock this off and get back to showing off pretty planes, offering support, and other general non-hostile faffery? Life's too short to be fighting over KSP.

nnCFRwZh.jpg

See? Airplane. Not a replica. Just does fly-y stuff. Well.

Hey i see you have elevon things on the front of the wings as well, does this improve anything like turning radius?

22 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

You'd need to change the velCurve in the engines module. A MM patch a long the lines of:

OK, I played with this for a while and never got it to work.  In the end, I decided to promote the Seperatron to a starting tech because it just works out SO KERBAL! You light a SRB to get moving, engine catches up in midair, bounce off the runway once or twice, and limp into flight. And if you want to land and take off again you need more than one.  Besides, does it make sense to get the Flea as a stock start tech, but the tiny kiddie version is a late game tech?  In playtesting, it's a really short interval before getting the fixed wheels so this works as a solution.

Thanks for the help

kiwinanday

to do what u want without struts i think there is a mod that might help with your issue.

im on phone right now so a little hard to link ya to it but its called coupler i think.

Check it out might help remove that strut :)

Found it

Edited by stk2008

10 hours ago, fourfa said:

OK, I played with this for a while and never got it to work.  In the end, I decided to promote the Seperatron to a starting tech because it just works out SO KERBAL! You light a SRB to get moving, engine catches up in midair, bounce off the runway once or twice, and limp into flight. And if you want to land and take off again you need more than one.  Besides, does it make sense to get the Flea as a stock start tech, but the tiny kiddie version is a late game tech?  In playtesting, it's a really short interval before getting the fixed wheels so this works as a solution.

Thanks for the help

Fair enough. I've found that key patches can be a bit hit and miss sometimes myself. Generally, I just copy the entire key set, change the value I want, and delete the original, because that seems more reliable. :)

11 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Krux Those are good builds. Especially the transport planes. I like the document-y style of presenting it. Are those posted in the forum somewhere or just in this thread? Because it looks amazing (and everybody must see it)! :o 

Nope, just on my imgur account, I thought they were not so interesting :P Anyway, I have more creations, but I'm usually busy as h*ck, so don't have much time to make the photos, choose the good ones, and upload them. But yeah, I'll post new albums here when they're done!

Also, I don't think I need to say this again, but this mod is just the absolute most bestest airplane mod out there!

12 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Fair enough. I've found that key patches can be a bit hit and miss sometimes myself. Generally, I just copy the entire key set, change the value I want, and delete the original, because that seems more reliable. :)

if what you're saying is that you have trouble telling in the game whether your patch went into effect properly, check the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file in the GameData folder to see if the changes were actually applied

@SpaceBadger007 You mean Size 2 (2.5m)? I was confused for a bit. Mk3 is yet to come so not yet.

Thanks for the awesome feedback. It makes good inspration, so I went back to my modding cave from my short hiatus.
Might go small first before Mk3. I made the engine of the F-5A/E Freedom Fighter/Tiger II. It has two small afterburning engines which is cool.
Currently, this is a very early prototype. The effects used are stock's but you get the gist. It's a fixed gimbal afterburning engine, much like how most of non-commercials are.

dGULGk9.png

15 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@SpaceBadger007 You mean Size 2 (2.5m)? I was confused for a bit. Mk3 is yet to come so not yet.

Thanks for the awesome feedback. It makes good inspration, so I went back to my modding cave from my short hiatus.
Might go small first before Mk3. I made the engine of the F-5A/E Freedom Fighter/Tiger II. It has two small afterburning engines which is cool.
Currently, this is a very early prototype. The effects used are stock's but you get the gist. It's a fixed gimbal afterburning engine, much like how most of non-commercials are.

dGULGk9.png

Yes sorry size 2, that must have been confusing sorry for that.

That engine looks AWESOME!

It's so great to work with high performance engines. I did finish it today. Also made custom sounds. Rest of the config will still be for cleaning but visually? It's done. I saw pictures of F-5s with Orange/Pinkish Blue afterburners so I made one like that. The blue color is not very dominant but it can be seen in certain angles. I wanted the after burners to not look like an SRB so it looks faint (as what I see in pics).

kUkuLdS.png

I'm also deaf now (not really) because of trying to make a decent afterburning sounds which is 3/4 white noise, almost drove me crazy but I made it in the end. I'll post a vid once I get footage :D 

Hot emissive action:

cCmF5zp.png

@mechanicH I can only imagine. At least mine's a quite significantly less loud since it's just on headphones!

@qromodynmc I don't know. Whipped up a test part quickly, what do you think? This might be as low poly as I can go. I'm encountering a problem where the part is too bright in SPH, I don't know why. Works fine in action though.

7kuBzpI.png

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@mechanicH I can only imagine. At least mine's a quite significantly less loud since it's just on headphones!

@qromodynmc I don't know. Whipped up a test part quickly, what do you think? This might be as low poly as I can go. I'm encountering a problem where the part is too bright in SPH, I don't know why. Works fine in action though.

7kuBzpI.png

Well, there is hope! with bit more edit it can look awesome.

da374482d144223e94d763635ae5ff59.jpg

one thing about these kind of nosecones, they are circular on top, triangular on down.

Would you mind sharing part file and configs so i can test and see what to fix?

@qromodynmc I'll give you a better one. I'll remake it first. All I did was estimate it from the picture. I'll base it on the F-22/35 on my next try rather than the drawing alone.
For now, I've made a video to showcase the new engine's sound which is very experimental. Which is why I'd like to have some inputs. Currently, I may have to purify/change one audio because of a small annoying sound when looping. Most of the sounds are fine though.

16 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@qromodynmc I'll give you a better one. I'll remake it first. All I did was estimate it from the picture. I'll base it on the F-22/35 on my next try rather than the drawing alone.
For now, I've made a video to showcase the new engine's sound which is very experimental. Which is why I'd like to have some inputs. Currently, I may have to purify/change one audio because of a small annoying sound when looping. Most of the sounds are fine though.

That'd be even better because I drew that nosecone just as an example, it'd be better if you check real versions and make it similar to them.

btw afterburner sounds awesome! (my only fear is having same buggy sounds from firespitter :( )