[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

2 hours ago, Star-Eagle said:

Hi blackheart

I've really enjoyed messing around with the parts in your mod, they seem to go very well with NESD's streamlined engines mod for retro style space

planes.

I was wondering if you had any plans to make some kind of fuselage extension (perhaps radial attached) to replicate the gondala on some of the ww2 bombers?     

2 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Boy,  do we need this. Glazed noses,  oservation cuppolas etc. Crewed parts,  but not command seats,  just a windowed place we coul place navigators,  bombardiers,  gunners etc. Theu could have standard rectangular attachment points where you could place the basic BdA .50 twin machineguns.

Hmmm, hold that there, you might actually get something like that.

@fitemesquirrel No problems, as long as it's understood. :) It is difficult to explain and I'm quite bad at it.

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Hmmm, hold that there, you might actually get something like that.

I'm surprised you understood any of that, given the amount of typing errors  from my part...  I wrote that while driving :wink:.

Still, it makes sense doesn't it? Now, one thing I forgot to mention. Such pods absolutely CANNOT be command pods. The minute you cycle through the kerbals, the navball compensates for whichever position they are facing, and if you initially placed  such part inverted so that it faces rearwards, you suddenly get mayhem as the plane starts wanting to turn 180 degrees! 

A single-kerbal part with room on top to place a rudder on, to emulate a rearward firing position, would also be neat. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

@blackheart612 I'd be glad to see anything like that, it would be nice to have a historic mod that expands beyond the basic parts. If your open to more suggestions might I point out the Bristol Blenheim? The long nose variant seems to have a distinct look compared to other similar light/medium ww2 bombers and the short nose variant has what I would call a rather unique look.

The helicopter parts aren't working for me, and yes, I have tried re-installing the mod.

On the note of WW2 planes, it would be nice to see a B-17 cockpit and wings.

(June 24th 2018 at 12:30pm)Also, the 1.875m tail isnt showing up.

Edited by Nyarlathotep-
Thought of something to add

18 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

The helicopter parts aren't working for me, and yes, I have tried re-installing the mod.

The heli parts work perfectly fine.

This is just my guess, but I'm willing to bet, you have either not installed firespitter, or Module Manager that came with the mod. Or maybe you didn't delete the old Airplane plus, and firespitter before you installed the mod?

Delete all the old stuff, reinstall the mod, delete the ModuleManager.ConfigCache fire and then run the game... it should work.

Are there any known mod conflict statistics? I'm making a new gamedata setup for a new career playthrough. I currently have 72 folders in gamedata worth 10gb of ram (out of 16gb available)
Whenever I drag airplane plus in the gamedata directory KSP crashes upon loading. It probably conflicts with another mod currently installed, one that's possibly less interesting then this one but I can't nail it down.

Oh, and KSP version number is 1.4.2

Edited by Aeroboi

@blackheart612 I think I might have found a usable workaround for the non functional mk1 passengerdoors. By using the offset tool to add just a tiny bit more space you can disembark kerbals from the crew cabins. The image shows how much it needs. Note that it does not matter which part you move, as long as the cockpit and crew cabin are this distance apart. So my suggestion would be to simply make the passenger door slightly longer. If you go with the minimum it would of course take you outside of standard sizes, but lengthwise I don't feel that it really matters much.

KiCmRXA.png

Also, you seem to have forgotten the Icon_Hidden tag on the flag quad for the Airbus cockpit.

85a0siZ.png

@Nyarlathotep- TheKurgan pretty much summed up most of it. Reinstalling doesn't usually work if it's not installed properly.
As said in the OP, the installation requires you to drag the GameData folder into the Root folder as the GameData contains everything necessary for the mod to work properly. There are also no 1.875 Tail parts, only up to 1.25m as of now (Refer to Changelog for parts added)

@Aeroboi As far as I know, only RSS is the one with major compatibility issues, though that's a given. The wing parts are also not optimized for FAR.

@neistridlar Thanks, there's actually a dirty way to get around the passenger door because I'm "OC" about the part lengths. It's demonstrated on the sparrow VTOL. 100% Structurally sound. :P 
mnG31kA.png

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Daniel Prates said:

I'm surprised you understood any of that, given the amount of typing errors  from my part...  I wrote that while driving :wink:.

Still, it makes sense doesn't it? Now, one thing I forgot to mention. Such pods absolutely CANNOT be command pods. The minute you cycle through the kerbals, the navball compensates for whichever position they are facing, and if you initially placed  such part inverted so that it faces rearwards, you suddenly get mayhem as the plane starts wanting to turn 180 degrees! 

A single-kerbal part with room on top to place a rudder on, to emulate a rearward firing position, would also be neat. 

If I recall correctly there is an option in the settings when starting a new save that allows you to tell KSP to ignore command point changes when cycling through command pods. It will retain it's point of control to what ever the root part is, if the root is a command pod, or what ever you manually set the command from here point to be. I'm using this option in my current career. I'm reasonably sure this is a stock option, new in the latest versions 1.4.2 I believe, and not from a mod. though I could be wrong about that. Never mind, ignore this I can not now find this option, though I swear I remember it when I started my new career. perhaps it was part of a mod that I have since removed from my game. sorry.

Edited by vardicd

6 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@Nyarlathotep- TheKurgan pretty much summed up most of it. Reinstalling doesn't usually work if it's not installed properly.
As said in the OP, the installation requires you to drag the GameData folder into the Root folder as the GameData contains everything necessary for the mod to work properly. There are also no 1.875 Tail parts, only up to 1.25m as of now (Refer to Changelog for parts added)

I meant the 1.875m MK-3 tails.

1 hour ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

I meant the 1.875m MK-3 tails.

Yup.

Spoiler

Added MK3S1.5 Viewer's Cockpit based on the UH-1 Iroquois/Huey

Added L K53 "Valkyrie" Turboshaft Engine based on the UH-1 Iroquois/Huey as well as its tail rotor, L K53-S Control Rotor

Added sound patch for all stock jet engines (Can be deleted on AirplanePlus/Sounds/Patch)

-

Added Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S0 Tail Connector A

Added Mk3S0 Tail Connector B

Added Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Added Mk3S0 to 0.625m Adapter

-

Added Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S1 Tail Connector A

Added Mk3S1 Tail Connector B

Added Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Added Mk3S1 to 1.25m Adapter

-

Added Mk3S1.5 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S1.5 Cargo Bay

Added Mk3S1.5 Structural Fuselage

Added Mk3S1.5 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Added Mk3S1.5-Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S1.5 to 1.875m Adapter

-

Added 1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added 1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

-

Changed name of KV2-117A Control Rotor to KV2-117A-S Control Rotor

Changed some of the hollow parts' drag cubes thanks to neistridlar

Fixed cockpits spawning as "Ships" instead of "Planes"

Fixed Mk1 Nose Trunk CRG-NT having convex collider problems making it spawn high

4 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Yup.

Reveal hidden contents

Added MK3S1.5 Viewer's Cockpit based on the UH-1 Iroquois/Huey

Added L K53 "Valkyrie" Turboshaft Engine based on the UH-1 Iroquois/Huey as well as its tail rotor, L K53-S Control Rotor

Added sound patch for all stock jet engines (Can be deleted on AirplanePlus/Sounds/Patch)

-

Added Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S0 Tail Connector A

Added Mk3S0 Tail Connector B

Added Mk3S0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Added Mk3S0 to 0.625m Adapter

-

Added Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S1 Tail Connector A

Added Mk3S1 Tail Connector B

Added Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Added Mk3S1 to 1.25m Adapter

-

Added Mk3S1.5 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S1.5 Cargo Bay

Added Mk3S1.5 Structural Fuselage

Added Mk3S1.5 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

Added Mk3S1.5-Mk3S1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added Mk3S1.5 to 1.875m Adapter

-

Added 1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage

Added 1.875m Liquid Fuel Fuselage Junior

-

Changed name of KV2-117A Control Rotor to KV2-117A-S Control Rotor

Changed some of the hollow parts' drag cubes thanks to neistridlar

Fixed cockpits spawning as "Ships" instead of "Planes"

Fixed Mk1 Nose Trunk CRG-NT having convex collider problems making it spawn high

Okay, so they don't exist...that's bad mod design...adding a 1.875m MK3 cockpit, fuel tank, cargo bay, and structural fuselage but no tails for that size of part...

4 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

Okay, so they don't exist...that's bad mod design...adding a 1.875m MK3 cockpit, fuel tank, cargo bay, and structural fuselage but no tails for that size of part...

I apologize that I didn't meet your expectations. For me, aside from reading the change log, I hope you would also kindly read a few pages back:

On 6/20/2018 at 9:57 AM, blackheart612 said:

@Daniel Prates I've explained a few posts back that the 1.875m will be expanded. In fact, they're not even a priority right now, just a "teaser" for what's to come.

I've just gotten a brilliant idea, not sure how you're doing suggestion wise but I've got two words "Super-Constellation"... For the most part, just the cockpit and maybe some passenger bits?
I just like the plane is all :P Otherwise this is still one of my favorite mods for KSP.

10 hours ago, Sebforce116 said:

I've just gotten a brilliant idea, not sure how you're doing suggestion wise but I've got two words "Super-Constellation"... For the most part, just the cockpit and maybe some passenger bits?
I just like the plane is all :P Otherwise this is still one of my favorite mods for KSP.

Aha! another Super Constellation fan :)

I made this one with mostly airplane plus mod, excluding cockpit. Super Constellation has very spesific fuselage design, which would be hard to make anything else with it, but cockpit is nice for 1940-70 era designs.

dF7Z7hI.jpg

@AwkwardNoah If you're talking about something like stock, there already is on some parts in the form of firespitter which has its own unique characteristics as stock variant switch is a little limited.

@Sebforce116 It already looks like the Airbus Cockpit but let's hold that there for a moment. It's an interesting craft. I'll try to find a way to get it in game but don't hold your breath yet.

@qromodynmc , holy Broccoli, the shape! The wings!... It looks better than mine :D:EDIT: Dude, what 'Base-Engines' are those? You know, the ones you offset backward?

@blackheart612 Yeah, I kinda figured, It was a 'late-night, hey this is a thing' moment, but I understand if it's too much trouble :P but as I said, I love this mod!

Edited by Sebforce116

5 hours ago, Sebforce116 said:

@qromodynmc , holy Broccoli, the shape! The wings!... It looks better than mine :D:EDIT: Dude, what 'Base-Engines' are those? You know, the ones you offset backward?

@blackheart612 Yeah, I kinda figured, It was a 'late-night, hey this is a thing' moment, but I understand if it's too much trouble :P but as I said, I love this mod!

it's the silver merlin engine in airplane plus, covered with resized small air intake and fat nacelle,

unknown.png?width=1192&height=671

i could do a bit better job but not a big deal.

maxresdefault.png?width=1192&height=671

On 6/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, neistridlar said:

Also, you seem to have forgotten the Icon_Hidden tag on the flag quad for the Airbus cockpit.

uh, I checked some more. It looks like you don't have this tag on any of the flag quads.