[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

14 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

You mean tail cargo ramps for mk1 and mk2? If so, then the mk2 could basically just be a mk1 cargo ramp but with a mk2 structural shroud.

I think he meabt the ramp with the (almost) full width of the Mk2 fuselage like Mk2 Expansion's but I believe @blackheart612 will make its shape more like an empennage of an airplane rather than the nose of a plane like how Mk2 Expansion did.

BTW 1.875m tail cargo ramps and dorsal cargo door Size 1.5 (1.875m) would also be helpful. Not to mention dorsal cargo doors and tail cargo ramps to make planes like the Shorts Bros.'s newer ppanes like the SC.7 (tho I don't think it has a cargo ranp irl, but a part for thise would be useful as well).

Last but not least is the Radial Liquid Fuel Tank. Seems really annoying to use Tweakscale to scale it down and breaking through several rules of a challenge (if I'm designing a plane with the tank for a challenge).

And more variants of the stock landing gears as well. I've talked about it quite a while ago, so I'll list it back:

• Taller LY-35 landing gears (two heights; one being the height of LY-60 & another one being as tall as LY-99)
  • Shorter LY-60 & LY-99 landing gears (two heights for both LY-60 &-99; one being as tall as LY-10 & another one as tall as LY-35)
  • Shorter LY-35 landing gears (one being as tall as the KS X-1 landing gear, another one being as tall as the stock LY-10).
  • Short (and shorter?) version of the KS-FAT-29 landing gear. Basically has the height between the 'peak' of the wheel and gear well less than the diameter of the wheel.

Someone mentioned about mesh switching after my post, but I wonder how would you modify a stock part by simply dropping the mod file into GameData instead of bringing a file into Squad folder?

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

@blackheart612 this missing textures issue is a thing, it happened to me too. All my prop engines appear entirely light-grey, I assume the textures are missing.

Now, I installed via CKAN. Maybe that's it. I'll try installing manually to see if it makes a difference. CKAN can mess some things up.

EDIT: went and did it. It made no difference, prop engines still appear without textures.

Edited by Daniel Prates

On 1/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, blackheart612 said:

As I've said before, I've tested the parts and haven't encountered the mentioned problems. I tested them again just to be sure and looked at some of the parts mentioned and it had textures. Curious case if it really is restock though, I don't know how it will affect my textures but it's another mod for sure.

4 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

@blackheart612 this missing textures issue is a thing, it happened to me too. All my prop engines appear entirely light-grey, I assume the textures are missing.

Now, I installed via CKAN. Maybe that's it. I'll try installing manually to see if it makes a difference. CKAN can mess some things up.

EDIT: went and did it. It made no difference, prop engines still appear without textures.

If this is a Restock conflict, it's because Restock blocks/hides stock textures (to keep them from loading) in favor of its own, which would neutralize any stock textures that APP utilizes in its parts. We'd just need to whitelist those particular textures to bring them back for APP (and any other mod) to use. :)

Edited by Beetlecat

The second post on page 146 contains the texture fix (quoted from the third from the bottom on 145) it's a DDS conversion just overwrite the files in the AirplanePlus folder and the parts will be textured.  Blackheart612 is already planning to include them in the next update but they're available there if you want the fix sooner.  I've already tried and everything works perfectly.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, Ruedii said:

Same set as for me.

I have restock installed.  This might be an issue.

I have the same problem, and do *NOT* have restock installed. What other mods do yall have?

On 12/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, Nereid said:

I'm a big fan of this mod, but is it just me or is the KS-29 landing gear broken?

If I attach those to an aircraft it starts with the tires below the surface and then it explodes just a few seconds after launch.

I've also noticed this, but its with every AP+ landing gear I've got in my career so far. Well, I wouldn't say it explodes, but for some reason, part of it loads just below the surface, and then pops out, forcing the plane to jump around. Seems to be a 50/50 chance that the plane will land correctly, or destroy some part of itself on impact. Stock gear have no issues, but I also only have the non-deployable stock gears available, which is a big hassle for my planes' performance.

Edited by Grenartia

13 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

If this is a Restock conflict, it's because Restock blocks/hides stock textures (to keep them from loading) in favor of its own, which would neutralize any stock textures that APP utilizes in its parts. We'd just need to whitelist those particular textures to bring them back for APP (and any other mod) to use. :)

You mean the mod Restock? Curious, I don't have it installed. 

4 hours ago, Rik said:

The second post on page 146 contains the texture fix (quoted from the third from the bottom on 145) it's a DDS conversion just overwrite the files in the AirplanePlus folder and the parts will be textured.  Blackheart612 is already planning to include them in the next update but they're available there if you want the fix sooner.  I've already tried and everything works perfectly.

I can confirm the download in that post fixed it for me too.

I also found some parts referencing the cone texture from the base game were still using an old file path, with some cfg editing you can fix those too before the next update. They were the tiny nose cones in Areo, and the short booms in structural.

The paths in the configs should be “Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones“ instead of “Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Cones”

13 hours ago, Rodger said:

I can confirm the download in that post fixed it for me too.

I also found some parts referencing the cone texture from the base game were still using an old file path, with some cfg editing you can fix those too before the next update. They were the tiny nose cones in Areo, and the short booms in structural.

The paths in the configs should be “Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones“ instead of “Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Cones”

...I forgot about this. But I updated the missing textures after you contacted me, github has it right though (I checked my local copy), I think I mistakenly put the wrong files on the zip. So busy on other things I forget stuff and become confused :confused: I'm thankful people where know what to do and just answer how to temporarily fix the problems.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, Xd the great said:

How do you balance out a helicopter?

Put either a Mk1 reaction wheel or a tail rotor. Check the final CoM position, then put a main rotor directly on it. You may check the CoT and make sure it's alligned with the CoM just in case you use a multi-rotor setup. Easy.

EDIT: Or larger reaction wheel as an alternative.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

On 1/24/2020 at 11:02 PM, FahmiRBLXian said:

Put either a Mk1 reaction wheel or a tail rotor. Check the final CoM position, then put a main rotor directly on it. You may check the CoT and make sure it's alligned with the CoM just in case you use a multi-rotor setup. Easy.

Could also use a mod called Throttle Controlled Avionics to help fly multi-rotor helicopters.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone and @blackheart612, here's a quick config to fix the short tailboom A and B that are currently defaulting to a blank white placeholder texture.

Squad changed the texture directories for the cones between 1.7.3 and 1.8, which made the squad textures unreachable by the part.cfg files.

@PART[shortboom,shortboomb]:FOR[AirplanePlus]
{
	@MODEL
	{
		@texture = placeholder , Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones
	}
}

For some reason, this was mentioned *many* times in this thread, but somehow missed by me during my hiatus. :)  But at least it's here now in a patch form.

Next little thing to fix is the DDS file for the skid not loading due to being an incorrect format.

Edited by Beetlecat

20 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

hey everyone and @blackheart612, here's a quick config to fix the short tailboom A and B that are currently defaulting to a blank white placeholder texture.

Squad changed the texture directories for the cones between 1.7.3 and 1.8, which made the squad textures unreachable by the part.cfg files.

@PART[shortboom,shortboomb]:FOR[AirplanePlus]
{
	@MODEL
	{
		@texture = placeholder , Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones
	}
}

For some reason, this was mentioned *many* times in this thread, but somehow missed by me during my hiatus. :)  But at least it's here now in a patch form.

Next little thing to fix is the DDS file for the skid not loading due to being an incorrect format.

I'll get to this once Im free. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, siklidkid said:

Compatibility with textures unlimited?

i wanna make a police helicopter

Also, fenestron rotors!

The compatibility patches are really mostly user made, as I can't spare the time to do them myself. Firespitter has a fenestron rotor, actually. I had planned to make them previously, but it got me thinking and the reason I didn't make them at the time was half that it exists on FS already, and half that it was complicated for me to understand at that time. But I used the fenestron to study how tail rotors work for the fs module.