[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

14 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Back to boring old IVA config making, so I'm sorry if I'm bad at making IVAs. This is largely unfinished. Just to test if the IVA fits the kerbals...

YLso9E9.png

I'm pretty sure you won't need to see what's blocked by the window frame there. (I also flew planes with FAR, which by the way, I'm pretty bad at)

This is really cool! 

Anyway, I've been away for a bit, but I did want to apologize for my comments earlier. I didn't mean to start anything when I started, but I am an amazing  idiotic person that will treat others the way I get treated... Didn't mean to create drama for you and everyone else.  It won't happen again.

Love your work and I am looking forward to the new landing gear you're going to make!

Edited for accuracy

Edited by Fizwalker

@Shadowmage Why offense? I would have used KSPWheels if it was a feature of Firespitter! And even though I'm open for a transfer if ever there is one that beats FS, it's true that well, FS already exists. But I don't dare to request since I'm not entitled to do so, I'm just a consumer and can't contribute on that case. Since FS works anyway, it's pretty amazing so far, thanks a lot to @RoverDude. But if you're willing chip in to FS, I think that it will be even more amazing.

And since Airplane Plus uses FS anyway, I think it's natural to discuss it here. I'm not sure how much work will be needed on fixing some of its features but I do know most of it, which I'll maybe post on github (which I'm bad at, the reason why I don't use it). But I think the most important thing in FS is its sound manager, needed to use an updated stock method. Aside from that, FSEngineBladed and FSEngine aren't working completely (and the latter not working with CoT function).

Also, probably a stupid question, is it possible for KSPWheels to be integrated to FS? Because I love it and I think it'd be amazing to have a coremod that's all packed in one so that people don't have to download/pack up different types of mods, and easier to update, too. Just look at B9 before (not sure now), it had a lot of dependency.

Edit: KSPWheels doesn't work with FAR 1.2.2 hehe :P 

Edited by blackheart612

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Awesome! I need to check around more when I don't do anything. :D 

Anyways, Most config editing in engines, as well as the cockpit's IVA. I might improve the IVAs down the line. Huge emphasis on might but future releases could be more detailed as I add more useful props.

B1ovtra.pngbE6DDGs.png

On 27/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, Citizen247 said:

So I've been working on something that I'm nearing the point of releasing myself:
955e7431-d6d9-4eb8-864a-d3b33d93d74f_zps

screenshot28_zpsci7mok3r.png

I was wondering if @blackheart612 would mind if I added made some razorback versions of some of Airplane Plus's cockpits as well?

PLEASE!

3 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Awesome! I need to check around more when I don't do anything. :D 

Anyways, Most config editing in engines, as well as the cockpit's IVA. I might improve the IVAs down the line. Huge emphasis on might but future releases could be more detailed as I add more useful props.

B1ovtra.pngbE6DDGs.png

seeing this made me realize how much i want to travel inside cockpit.

6 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

Some of the wonderful IVAs are just begging for RPM configs, Concorde and the non-commercials especially. Though I think I downloaded Unity, could play around with making my own.

Almost all of the cockpits have RPM configs, you just have to download them separately.

For those struggling with getting the flaps and slats working right, it just takes some finesse.

I whipped this bird together in about an hour yesterday. The flaps and slats are maxed at ~75% deployment, toggled with the landing gear, and it'll takeoff and land at about 35m/s. STOL—¡bajito y suavecito!

TGnDpah.png

Release 14.0

Here's the update at last after a while. Just like it says in the tin, the afterburning jets are now releaed and you also get to try a VTOL engine. As well as the Mk3 cockpit that's also a cargo bay! Formal changelog on the OP but I'll put it here anyway:

Added Mk3 Cargo Cockpit based on C-5 Galaxy

Added KT6C "Kitty" Turboshaft Engine, a tilt-rotor radial engine based on AW609, a VTOL Engine

Added J-85 "Tiger" Afterburning Turbofan based on F-5 Freedom Fighter/Tiger II, sized 0.625m

Added J-119 "Cheetah" Afterburning Turbofan based on F-22 Raptor

Added Nosecone Mk1 also based on the F-22 Raptor (@qromodynmc)

--

Fixed Mk1 Intake having reversed intakeTransform

--

Early engines now all have significantly more powerful stationary thrust

--

Enjoy! :) And don't forget to report back if there are issues.

zr9QbJ4.png

Edit: @TMasterson5

Edited by blackheart612

1 hour ago, kiwinanday said:

For those struggling with getting the flaps and slats working right, it just takes some finesse.

I whipped this bird together in about an hour yesterday. The flaps and slats are maxed at ~75% deployment, toggled with the landing gear, and it'll takeoff and land at about 35m/s. STOL—¡bajito y suavecito!

TGnDpah.png

Craft link? Plz

4 minutes ago, kiwinanday said:

Did you skip R13 because of superstition?

@DarkOwl57 will upload to DB and share on my lunch break. Will require Aviation Cockpits, Mk2X, and Kerbal Foundries (I'll zip all them together when I upload it).

Graci.

@blackheart612: Great update! Can't wait to completely fail at downloading this when I get home!

Just FYI - several parts' stack nodes have incorrect or missing size values. On the Size 2 Viewer's cockpit, for instance, the node looks like this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

While it should read:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

The parts I've found so far where this is the case:

1. Size 2 viewer's cockpit
2. Mk1 junior liquid fuel fuselage
3. Size 2 commercial cockpit
4. Size 2 droopnose cockpit
5. Mk1 Cargo Bay CRG-50-1 (nodes too large on this one)
6. Size 2 passenger door
7. Nosecone Mk 1
8. Structural fuselage S2

Balance-wise, the Cheetah turbofan seems to pretty much die after about 5000m and/or Mach 0.8 (thrust drops a lot; achieves max thrust at mach 0.7) and can't effectively push an Aeris 4a past Mach 1 or so. Is that intentional?

EDIT: Tiger turbofan is similar, max thrust at mach 0.8, while stock afterburning turbofan has max thrust around mach 1.8.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

10 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Just FYI - several parts' stack nodes have incorrect or missing size values. On the Size 2 Viewer's cockpit, for instance, the node looks like this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

While it should read:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

The parts I've found so far where this is the case:

1. Size 2 viewer's cockpit
2. Mk1 junior liquid fuel fuselage
3. Size 2 commercial cockpit
4. Size 2 droopnose cockpit
5. Mk1 Cargo Bay CRG-50-1 (nodes too large on this one)
6. Size 2 passenger door
7. Nosecone Mk 1
8. Structural fuselage S2

Balance-wise, the Cheetah turbofan seems to pretty much die after about 5000m and/or Mach 0.8 (thrust drops a lot; achieves max thrust at mach 0.7) and can't effectively push an Aeris 4a past Mach 1 or so. Is that intentional?

EDIT: Tiger turbofan is similar, max thrust at mach 0.8, while stock afterburning turbofan has max thrust around mach 1.8.

That was a quick bug-release.

@AccidentalDisassembly That was insanely quick! :P

Alright, I've tested the Cheetah on the Aeris 4A. And although, it isn't made to be like that, I'm... quite suprised it works that well in Aeris 4A. If you had a lighter aircraft, you could go supersonic with dry mode. But in Aeris 4A, because it's so heavy, you'll need afterburners to get supersonic! As far as I know, this is how it works in real life. And yes, it is largely underpowered in dry mode. And much slower than the panther despite the name. (The max it can go with afterburners are ~Mach 2)

Regarding the nodes, I typed some of them so the bulkhead size was missing, however, to my knowledge, there shouldn't be any problem if there aren't any as it defaults to 1 if there aren't. It might affect structural integrity though, so I should add it to the Size 2 accordingly, thanks for reminding me (as well as the Cargo bay for Mk1).

11 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@AccidentalDisassembly That was insanely quick! :P

Alright, I've tested the Cheetah on the Aeris 4A. And although, it isn't made to be like that, I'm... quite suprised it works that well in Aeris 4A. If you had a lighter aircraft, you could go supersonic with dry mode. But in Aeris 4A, because it's so heavy, you'll need afterburners to get supersonic! As far as I know, this is how it works in real life. And yes, it is largely underpowered in dry mode. And much slower than the panther despite the name. (The max it can go with afterburners are ~Mach 2)

Regarding the nodes, I typed some of them so the bulkhead size was missing, however, to my knowledge, there shouldn't be any problem if there aren't any as it defaults to 1 if there aren't. It might affect structural integrity though, so I should add it to the Size 2 accordingly, thanks for reminding me (as well as the Cargo bay for Mk1).

Just checking on the engines - if they're not meant to push something supersonic (without AB), then they're not meant to! Just wondered if that was the case.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly