blackheart612

[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

Recommended Posts

On 3/24/2020 at 3:48 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

Build the famous "Murica Eagle" from the USAF.... Based on the twin-seat E-Type...

JCmxzeX.png

And ...  Yep....   The S/MTD variant also available... 

dOn5A2C.png

 

Nice - any chance you might post the craft files to Kerbal-X? These look pretty awesome to fly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i am an encountering an issue where a plane with stationary biplane gear will start to drift around upon coming out of time warp, and if i try to counter it stuff get funky,
i tried reapplying the gear to make sure it wasn't a rotation thing and it was still there,

i tried building an entirely new aircraft, still drifts

i had a friend try and change the configs for me, still drifts

however the gear works okayish when not timewarping, 

the only thing that fixed this was switching the gear entirely 

here is an image of the plane (sorry for the over qualification it's the only one i could find)

IUKJ45H.png

here are the configs my friend sent me (they still won't work)

PART
{
    name = biplanegear
    module = Part
    author = blackheart612
    mesh = model.mu
    scale = 1.0
    rescaleFactor = 1.0
    mirrorRefAxis = 0, 0, 1
    node_attach = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1.0, 90.0, 0.0, 1
    TechRequired = aviation
    entryCost = 500
    cost = 100
    category = Ground
    subcategory = 0
    title = KS-H1 Fixed Landing Gear
    manufacturer = Kerbal Standard
    description = Due to the limited usability of having only one stick to hold the wheel (LY-01), an ingenious breakthrough has been achieved by adding another stick, forming a V converging to the wheel center.
    attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
    mass = 0.0235
    thermalMassModifier = 4.0 
    // heatConductivity = 0.06
    emissiveConstant = 0.95
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.3
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 1
    maxTemp = 1000 
    crashTolerance = 125
    breakingForce = 50
    breakingTorque = 50
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    tags = aero (air aircraft ground plane roll takeoff taxi wheel
    
    //CoMOffset = 0, -0.675, 0
    
    MODEL
    {
        model = AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/biplanegear/model
        scale = 1, 1, 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWheelBase
        
        wheelColliderTransformName = WheelCollider        
        wheelTransformName = wheel
        
        wheelType = FREE

        // setting this to true will override the radius and center parameters
        FitWheelColliderToMesh = False        
        radius = 0.45
        center = 0,0,0
        mass = 0.012
        frictionLimit = 0.95    //solution attempt
        frictionPeak = 1.05        //solution attempt
        groundHeightOffset = 1.11
        
        TooltipTitle = Landing Gear
        TooltipPrimaryField = Fixed, Unpowered
        
        frictionSharpness = 50.0
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWheelSuspension
        baseModuleIndex = 0
        
        suspensionTransformName = suspension        
        
        suspensionDistance = 0.1
        suspensionOffset = -0.1
        targetPosition = 1.0
        springRatio = 16
        damperRatio = 1.0
        //boostRatio = 0.75
        //useAutoBoost = False
        
        suppressModuleInfo = True
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWheelBrakes
        baseModuleIndex = 0
        
        maxBrakeTorque = 5        //solution attempt - former: 2
        brakeResponse = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWheelDamage
        baseModuleIndex = 0
        
        stressTolerance = 2000
        impactTolerance = 1000
        deflectionMagnitude = 0.5
        deflectionSharpness = 2.0
        slipMagnitude = 1.5
        slipSharpness = 2.0
        explodeMultiplier = 1.0
    }
}


 

Edited by moguy16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tail rotors are broken. Whenever i use a helicopter with them, even the helicopters you made, The helicopters spin out of control. Please help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 10:37 PM, Horus said:

Nice to see this mod still alive :)

All rotor engines (those used for helicopters) are somewhat upside down in VAB\SPH and their attachment nodes are also turned 180°

Is it a known issue or have I installed something wrong?

This was actually really old so I forgot the reason why, they are meant to be surface attached as opposed to attached with a node, that is at least sure to me. Usually they are things I copy from firespitter which I studied for the modules that these engines use are the reason why.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, moguy16 said:

i am an encountering an issue where a plane with stationary biplane gear will start to drift around upon coming out of time warp, and if i try to counter it stuff get funky,
i tried reapplying the gear to make sure it wasn't a rotation thing and it was still there,

i tried building an entirely new aircraft, still drifts

i had a friend try and change the configs for me, still drifts

however the gear works okayish when not timewarping, 

the only thing that fixed this was switching the gear entirely 

here is an image of the plane (sorry for the over qualification it's the only one i could find)

-snip-

here are the configs my friend sent me (they still won't work)

-snip-

Ever since a few patches ago, landing gears have been through a hellish amount of changes. Wheels are one of the most difficult, least documented parts of KSP. And this is as far as my understanding goes. It just happens despite the wheels working. :( On my recent play through actually, even without wheels, the anti-roll landing skids still slide despite being just an object basically. So I guess it's also a KSP ground mechanic problem, I'm not sure... I'm sorry

4 hours ago, siklidkid said:

The tail rotors are broken. Whenever i use a helicopter with them, even the helicopters you made, The helicopters spin out of control. Please help me.

Ive been using helicopters on career mode and they are fine, assuming you did everything right, the problem I would guess is it's attached on the right side of the craft. As far as I know firespitter module tail rotors should be attached on the left side (refer to all sample crafts). That's on me if that's the problem as I wasn't clear on that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

This was actually really old so I forgot the reason why, they are meant to be surface attached as opposed to attached with a node, that is at least sure to me. Usually they are things I copy from firespitter which I studied for the modules that these engines use are the reason why.

Ever since a few patches ago, landing gears have been through a hellish amount of changes. Wheels are one of the most difficult, least documented parts of KSP. And this is as far as my understanding goes. It just happens despite the wheels working. :( On my recent play through actually, even without wheels, the anti-roll landing skids still slide despite being just an object basically. So I guess it's also a KSP ground mechanic problem, I'm not sure... I'm sorry

Ive been using helicopters on career mode and they are fine, assuming you did everything right, the problem I would guess is it's attached on the right side of the craft. As far as I know firespitter module tail rotors should be attached on the left side (refer to all sample crafts). That's on me if that's the problem as I wasn't clear on that...

Still broken. I did install firespitter parts pack and put the parts in the Airplane plus firespitter. Maybe that's what's wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

This was actually really old so I forgot the reason why, they are meant to be surface attached as opposed to attached with a node, that is at least sure to me. Usually they are things I copy from firespitter which I studied for the modules that these engines use are the reason why.

Ever since a few patches ago, landing gears have been through a hellish amount of changes. Wheels are one of the most difficult, least documented parts of KSP. And this is as far as my understanding goes. It just happens despite the wheels working. :( On my recent play through actually, even without wheels, the anti-roll landing skids still slide despite being just an object basically. So I guess it's also a KSP ground mechanic problem, I'm not sure... I'm sorry

Ive been using helicopters on career mode and they are fine, assuming you did everything right, the problem I would guess is it's attached on the right side of the craft. As far as I know firespitter module tail rotors should be attached on the left side (refer to all sample crafts). That's on me if that's the problem as I wasn't clear on that...

is there ANY way to fix this? i want to use the aircraft on a carrier and it would be hard when i have them drifting all over the place, also how can i stop the drifting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also sorry for bothering you again, but wasn't this cockpit part of the mod?COBjEMz.jpg

i am looking for it but can't find it anywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I've recently started playing KSP again xD...

Anyway, on topic. Do you have potential plans for size 3 and size 4 airframe parts? Size 2 is amazing, but there are bigger things available... Size 4 should be max though... Absolutely gigantic compared to size 2 in my imagination.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, moguy16 said:

also sorry for bothering you again, but wasn't this cockpit part of the mod?COBjEMz.jpg

i am looking for it but can't find it anywhere

If I am not mistaken, that cockpit is from a mod called STRYKER'S. Try it out. I am curious too if it will work in 1.9. Then report back to us here please!

About the landing gears.... the absolute best LG mod is KERBAL FOUNDRIES - no offense to other mods, but it just is. The degree of configurations you can put into any gear part is just amazing.

In any case, there are a few rules to make your craft less uncontrollable in the runway. First thing you have to do, is to  take away all breaking power from your nose wheel or tailwheel. You only need it on the main landing gears. If breaking causes your nose to pitch down, it is vectoring nose-down towards the ground and possibly forcing your plane to veer to one side or the other. The second thing is to check if your main wheel is close enough to the CoM. It has to be offset just so that the weight falls towards the correct side (in case, your tailwheel or nosewheel), but other than that, it cannot be too far, as it will also cause control problems. And lastly, check how the forces flow through your airframe. The thrust  vector is aligned with the CoM, or is it passing above it? The higher, the more it forces your nose against the ground, which is problematic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i do have kerbal foundries, but absolutly love the biplane gear included in this mod, and i don't think the problem is with the brakes orr COM (but that will help me fix other unrelated problems in my other aircraft so thanks) 

and i am not using 1.9 i use 1.8

also: where can i get a link for stryker? their download links are all down

 

Edited by moguy16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gregory TheGamer said:

size 3 and size 4 airframe parts?

There are some nice size 3 parts for An-225 in Lack's Stock Extension (SXT continued)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manul said:

There are some nice size 3 parts for An-225 in Lack's Stock Extension (SXT continued)

Oh I know, but I'm pretty sure they that pack does not have a passenger cabin... Size 4 is nowhere to be seen though. So I think it might make a nice addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, moguy16 said:

but that will help me fix other unrelated problems in my other aircraft so thanks

Those are the most common design issues that make a plane deviate, specially so when you are breaking. But there are other factors too. Having to break hard in a short runway is usually a sure recipe to veering off, in real life as in the game. I don't know the particulars of your plane. Post a picture of it, with the CoT, CoM and CoL highlighted on the SPH so we can see it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Prates said:

Those are the most common design issues that make a plane deviate, specially so when you are breaking. But there are other factors too. Having to break hard in a short runway is usually a sure recipe to veering off, in real life as in the game. I don't know the particulars of your plane. Post a picture of it, with the CoT, CoM and CoL highlighted on the SPH so we can see it!

i didn't mean that quite literally with a specific aircraft, but too many of my planes have veered off so this can help me diagnose or even fix the problem

do you know where can i get stryker? all their download links are down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, moguy16 said:

i didn't mean that quite literally with a specific aircraft, but too many of my planes have veered off so this can help me diagnose or even fix the problem

do you know where can i get stryker? all their download links are down

That plane you posted way above. Show it on the SPH with the centers on, I would like to see it. Its the one you reported having issues with. I'm curious.

Cant say about Stryker, I'll take a better look though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

That plane you posted way above. Show it on the SPH with the centers on, I would like to see it. Its the one you reported having issues with. I'm curious.

Cant say about Stryker, I'll take a better look though.

ok so i managed to get a download link (can't remember where though) V.2 

the game opened, but the parts were okayish at best, the textures were missing, (like the short tails from this mod) and some of the nodes didn't work

RkJhJcU.jpg

sF3uas7.jpg

KDBqbUl.jpg

if someone can find the source i'd like it if they could share it with me

as for the plane i'll see what i can do, but the issue wasn't plane specific

Edited by moguy16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, moguy16 said:

ok so i managed to get a download link (can't remember where though) V.2 

the game opened, but the parts were okayish at best, the textures were missing, (like the short tails from this mod) and some of the nodes didn't work

RkJhJcU.jpg

sF3uas7.jpg

KDBqbUl.jpg

if someone can find the source i'd like it if they could share it with me

So you really don't want to show that monoplane posted on the sunset pic earlier, huh? Ok. Insofar I will keep thinking it performes badly on landings due to some design flaw, and not an "issue".

There are two more things you always have to check on your design, to mitigate t/o and landing control on the runway which may appear to be (but are not) landing gear issues.

1. Deactivate all control wheels. They conflict with the control surfaces.

2. Is the rudder effective enough? Try another part, or increase authority.

Those two, with the three I mentioned earlier, are normally the true reasons to blame when you think you have landing gear issues.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Prates said:

So you really don't want to show that monoplane posted on the sunset pic earlier, huh? Ok. Insofar I will keep thinking it performes badly on landings due to some design flaw, and not an "issue".

There are two more things you always have to check on your design, to mitigate t/o and landing control on the runway which may appear to be (but are not) landing gear issues.

1. Deactivate all control wheels. They conflict with the control surfaces.

2. Is the rudder effective enough? Try another part, or increase authority.

Those two, with the three I mentioned earlier, are normally the true reasons to blame when you think you have landing gear issues.

 

 

no i'd like to share it, it is just that loading ksp will take some time, and i moved to another copy of the game, and due to bad naming it was probably replaced
if you want to you can probably find it in one of these files, it uses b9 part switch, tweakscale, all tweak and bd armory
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gekfjoCY5jYTpRGRn0JQs1PAniSy3ftx
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1twCJ0TNX_-5uRnvSDiyUHJQzSOzKcCK3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oaNZmndi1a_TTKppDsWW7NA7mNAAZH_d

also blackheart replied a few posts up and said that the issue was with the game not the plane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, Gregory TheGamer said:

Oh I know, but I'm pretty sure they that pack does not have a passenger cabin... Size 4 is nowhere to be seen though. So I think it might make a nice addition.

Oh and @blackheart612 to add up on my previous messages, great uses would be cargo aircraft. I forgot to mention the possible uses for such huge fuselages. A 3.75 m Hull is big, but sometimes not quite big enough. An example: I want to build a base on the south pole. Some parts for bases are simply too big transport  in an aircraft. Lift is not an issue, as the modular wing pieces in this mod allow you to build wing for heavy-duty purposes. Size 3 would be 3.75, size 4 would be 5 meters, and size 5, the largest of the bunch, and impressive 6.5 meters or something like that... Makes transporting proper base pieces over atmospheric planets much easier. Or passenger aircraft with a huge capacity. Just an idea though so I don't expect you to do anything with it... Keep up the great work by the way, still love the mod! Stay healthy as well during these times. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gregory TheGamer said:

Some parts for bases are simply too big transport  in an aircraft.

I barely made it. F9, F9, F9 and F9.

a8xPIoe.png

1L3SmfH.png

Fairing? Yes, I tried to use it but it explodes on deployment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manul said:

I barely made it. F9, F9, F9 and F9.

a8xPIoe.png

1L3SmfH.png

Fairing? Yes, I tried to use it but it explodes on deployment.

Haha, look cool! But not what I initially had in mind. Shows though that what I said is correct. It's possible, but a pain to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 12:57 AM, Gregory TheGamer said:

But not what I initially had in mind.

Yes, carrying parts of huge ships is not what airplanes are supposed to do. This base is made of SM Marine parts and the main part is from Large Ships pack (it's designed to keep aircraft inside not to fit inside an aircraft). :D

Edited by Manul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Manul said:

Yes, carrying parts of huge ships is not what airplanes are supposed to do. This base is made of SM Marine parts and the main part is from Large Ships pack (it's designed to keep aircraft inside not to fit inside an aircraft). :D

Is SM Marine still working btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Is SM Marine still working btw?

Why it shouldn't? Even better than before, huge parts colliders had been broken since 1.4 update due to Unity bug, after 1.8 update they started working, you can land on a carrier without crashing into invisible wall.

Edited by Manul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, Gregory TheGamer said:

A 3.75 m Hull is big, but sometimes not quite big enough. An example: I want to build a base on the south pole. Some parts for bases are simply too big transport  in an aircraft. Lift is not an issue, as the modular wing pieces in this mod allow you to build wing for heavy-duty purposes. Size 3 would be 3.75, size 4 would be 5 meters, and size 5, the largest of the bunch, and impressive 6.5 meters or something like that...

Must take note that most parts in this mod is made mainly as a replica for real-life airplanes. Take the Size 2 fuselages as an example. It fits very well for narrowbody jets such as the A320, 757, and even smaller transport aircraft such as the C-130, C-123 Provider, etc.

While Size 3 (3.75m) is more suitable for jumbos such as the 777 and 747, which virtually shared the same fuselage diameter, which leaves space for Size 2.5 (3.125m) for widebodies narrower than the well-known Boeing Jumbos (A300-A330 sans A320, 767, 787). For the A380, @blackheart612 can go with Mk3S4, which is the 5m equivalent of the Mk3 parts.

So to ease things (from existing to suggestions) up, here you go:

  • Tubular
    • Size 0 = 0.625m = Tiny engines (e.g the Kitty and Tiger) or cockpits with windows above the fuselage (Take SXT's for example)
    • Size 1 = 1.25m = (Usually) Private / charter aircraft fuselages, fighter jet fuselages,  CFM56-based jets or large turboprops
    • Size 1.5 = 1.875m = CRJs, Embraers (or Embruh like what avgeeks love to call), 1960-70s High-Bypass Turbofans that powered jumbos, huge Cold War turbojets
    • Size 2 = 2.5m = Big Bois Regionals (737 (and Early-Boeing Jets), A320, 747 upper deck), the Two Gianormous Jets (GE90 (we need an even higher thrust one based on the -115B with swept fan blades, the Stock one is -94B (straight blades are dead giveaway) and not OP enough tbh) & GE9X)
    • Size 2.5 = 3.125m (A300-A340 (excluding A320), 767)
    • Size 3 = 3.75m (777, 747 main deck, Beluga's cargo hold, C-17)
    • Size 4 = 5m (uhh... Beluga's cargo hold?)
  • Mk3Sx
    • Mk3S0 = 0.625m Mk3 (tiny little fighter fuselage, as tail booms for twinboom designs or as floats)
    • Mk3S1 = 1.25m Mk3 (News choppers such as the Bells, maybe some larger WW2 fighters?)
    • Mk3S1.5 = 1.875m Mk3 (Beechcraft 1900, Hueys, some larger helis n' stuff)
    • Mk3S2 = 2.5m Mk3 (WW2 bombers such as B-24, Lancaster, Halifax, Ju-52, Tupolev ANT TB-bombers) (747's upper deck may use this form factor as well, it's up to OP)
    • Mk3S2.5 = 3.125m Mk3 (Vickers VC-10?)
    • Mk3S3 = 3.75m Mk3 (Dreamlifter's cargo hold? VC-10? Space Shuttle?)
    • Mk3S4 = 5m Mk3 (A380, Dreamlifter's cargo hold, should have an adapter to standard 747 parts, hinge may come from this mod since Stock ones are too flimsy to build something larger, harder, better, faster, stronger than a girder-legged spider)

Which means Size x.x is for 'exotic' cross-sections which 'rarely' show up in the (virtually) Stock game (No DLCs, just other mods n' stuff).

Spoiler

But yea before everybody preach me I know 1.875 emerged in the stock game, but in form of DLC or other mods, while 3.125m often emerge in other mods, but never in the Stock, even the DLCs.

So there may be more use for those parts than the ones mentioned, so what's up for us is being creative, but some quality-of-life parts such as more landing gear options (e.g bogied LY-35-height LY-60, LY-10-height LY-99, LY-99-height LY-35 landing gears, Size x radial Liquid Fuel Mounts for different fuselage sizes and shapes) could be more important for now.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.