Jump to content

[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)


Recommended Posts

@blackheart612: Yeah; I was running an outdated version. I think the last time I updated APP was like... 5 or 6 months ago. Either way, the issue is fixed, and I can go on making Blackhawks to my hearts content. Also, great texturing on the new winglet! I'm a massive fan. 

What's up with the Hercules landing gear? I was it in the ground tab but it's not functional.. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

@blackheart612: Yeah; I was running an outdated version. I think the last time I updated APP was like... 5 or 6 months ago. Either way, the issue is fixed, and I can go on making Blackhawks to my hearts content. Also, great texturing on the new winglet! I'm a massive fan. 

What's up with the Hercules landing gear? I was it in the ground tab but it's not functional.. ?

The Hercules landing gear is not working and blackheart stated that he has no plans to fix since is a PITA. Maybe we can join together and make a petition to Kerbal Foundries guys to make hercules wheels :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lttito said:

The Hercules landing gear is not working and blackheart stated that he has no plans to fix since is a PITA. Maybe we can join together and make a petition to Kerbal Foundries guys to make hercules wheels :)

@Shadowmage Actually said that he won't be working on them but would be glad to offer assistance to @blackheart612 or anyone else who wanted to try and take them on. If I had any skill at all I'd take him up on that offer because I'd love the Hercules gear and what it could lead to. (Like gear for a C-17, or an AN-225)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

@Shadowmage Actually said that he won't be working on them but would be glad to offer assistance to @blackheart612 or anyone else who wanted to try and take them on. If I had any skill at all I'd take him up on that offer because I'd love the Hercules gear and what it could lead to. (Like gear for a C-17, or an AN-225)

Thanks for correct me and sorry to put words in mouth of others... I would offer myself for help also, but real life activities prevents me to have all the time I wish :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lttito said:

Thanks for correct me and sorry to put words in mouth of others... I would offer myself for help also, but real life activities prevents me to have all the time I wish :(

No need to apologize. I was just letting you know. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lttito said:

The Hercules landing gear is not working and blackheart stated that he has no plans to fix since is a PITA. Maybe we can join together and make a petition to Kerbal Foundries guys to make hercules wheels :)

If someone would like to donate some finished models + textures to KerbalFoundries -- I would be willing to do the rigging / config work to get it all working.  I simply don't have the time to work on creating more new models at the moment though (or even in the near future).

 

33 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

@Shadowmage Actually said that he won't be working on them but would be glad to offer assistance to @blackheart612 or anyone else who wanted to try and take them on. If I had any skill at all I'd take him up on that offer because I'd love the Hercules gear and what it could lead to. (Like gear for a C-17, or an AN-225)

Its not so much that I refuse to work on them, but that @blackheart612 doesn't want to use / include KSPWheel, which is necessary to have complex wheels like that (with multiple wheel-colliders).  I think he stated though that he might be willing to put together a secondary / smaller mod for wheels that needed KSPWheel functionality.  If/when he gets to that point, he knows how to get ahold of me :)

Or, as I stated previously, I'm more than willing to help walk someone else through the process of the rigging and config setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you make a sopwith camel engine?

Yes, I know that you are thinking "What about the shaped of the nose in the Sopwith camel?"

Well, why don't you make a flat part? And before you ask why don't I used the firespitter parts pack, its because the sopwith camel engine over there is overpowered :P

Also, like @inigma said, you should really add a wooden propeller engine. Not a lot of people know how to change the right thing in the cfgs.

Or I could just change some cfgs of the tail rotor engine, add some wooden paint on the prop, and then I could release it with your premission?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Can you make a sopwith camel engine?

Yes, I know that you are thinking "What about the shaped of the nose in the Sopwith camel?"

Well, why don't you make a flat part? And before you ask why don't I used the firespitter parts pack, its because the sopwith camel engine over there is overpowered :P

Also, like @inigma said, you should really add a wooden propeller engine. Not a lot of people know how to change the right thing in the cfgs.

Or I could just change some cfgs of the tail rotor engine, add some wooden paint on the prop, and then I could release it with your premission?

The baron is the sopwith camel engine. And yes, you can change cfgs and distribute, if you post it here. If you make another thread, I'm fine with it too, as long as you give credit, and tell me about its existence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:
8 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

The baron is the sopwith camel engine.

Yes, but it's too long for firespitter biplane parts, much less a sopwith camel.

Update on this, the baron has a weaker engine than the camel in real life.

So you either:

1. Mixed them up

2. Tried to lie to me so you didn't have to make another engine (I hope you cant see through this totally protective black line)

2.5. You are too hungry and sleepy to make another engine, so you need a bag of Cheerios. :)

Spoiler

cheerios.jpgHealthy snack for a kerbal :)

 

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

1. Mixed them up

It's based on the fokker, though I'm not claiming to give you the best performance, disregarding the fact that KSP and real life have very different part weight and all those variables, I based it on the 9JA which is installed on both Fokker Dr.I and Sopwith Camel. That's why the name is 9J "Baron" Rotary Engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

It's based on the fokker, though I'm not claiming to give you the best performance, disregarding the fact that KSP and real life have very different part weight and all those variables, I based it on the 9JA which is installed on both Fokker Dr.I and Sopwith Camel. That's why the name is 9J "Baron" Rotary Engine.

Oh okay, didn't realize it was different versions.

Did you like the cheerios?

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, halo fan 117 said:

if its possible might i suggest an engine to add ?, the p-61 black widow's double wasp radial engine Image result for p-61c

Download SXT and take the four bladed engine. Then put a nosecone on the engine...

I don't see how you didn't know this before :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind some more propeller engines with twin-propellers, like the Bear Turboprop has, but smaller and in a few different blade counts.

I know, those kind of engines are rare, but it just seems like such a Kerbal thing to do, adding an extra propeller to an engine.  My 'big issue' with the Bear is that the housing is very long, limiting the aircraft I can put it on, and the propellers are equally large, meaning the only planes it fits on are huge aircraft.  (Yes, I do know it's based on a real Russian aircraft engine that was used on a big aircraft.)

Call me crazy, but I like building small, fast planes I can fly close to the ground, and I think it'd be fun to have an engine on the front built mostly for that purpose, to go fast (or at least, fast for a propeller engine) for ground-skimming high-speed flying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@commanderbunbun I like the craft, though I don't think it's possible to make the cockpit fit the Mk2. I'll look for workarounds to implement side intakes, hopefully I can do something  as I'll probably be off of my PC for a month in 2 weeks. I'll think things through there.

@Madrias The KP-12 is meant to be heavy and for bigger aircrafts, yes. I like the idea of a performance type contraprop, but nothing stands out in mind. I know a few though. 

Anyway, I spent my freetime developing the IVA of the upcoming cockpit, as well as looking for electric engines which have both blueprints and performance I can base on to make configs with. So far, the probably most popular option is already in KAX. So I'm stumped on that, I for one, would like to get my hands on some electric engines. Pics for IVA: Very spacious, actually. It's difficult to make it feel fighter-y with this much space.

qI8zE9x.pngswNCrGo.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll admit, it doesn't feel very fighter-ish to me...  But it has a few hints of SR-71.

As for performance-based contra-props, perhaps looking at air-race planes would help?  It's what inevitably got me interested in contra-prop aircraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@commanderbunbun I like the craft, though I don't think it's possible to make the cockpit fit the Mk2. I'll look for workarounds to implement side intakes, hopefully I can do something  as I'll probably be off of my PC for a month in 2 weeks. I'll think things through there.

@Madrias The KP-12 is meant to be heavy and for bigger aircrafts, yes. I like the idea of a performance type contraprop, but nothing stands out in mind. I know a few though. 

Anyway, I spent my freetime developing the IVA of the upcoming cockpit, as well as looking for electric engines which have both blueprints and performance I can base on to make configs with. So far, the probably most popular option is already in KAX. So I'm stumped on that, I for one, would like to get my hands on some electric engines. Pics for IVA: Very spacious, actually. It's difficult to make it feel fighter-y with this much space.

qI8zE9x.pngswNCrGo.png

Cool looking cockpit.

Also, I really miss some different types of air intakes, like F-4, B2 or F-117. Retrofuture had some models for intakes, but I miss some more variety

Edited by lttito
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.09.2017 at 2:12 PM, blackheart612 said:

 

Anyway, I spent my freetime developing the IVA of the upcoming cockpit, as well as looking for electric engines which have both blueprints and performance I can base on to make configs with. So far, the probably most popular option is already in KAX. So I'm stumped on that, I for one, would like to get my hands on some electric engines.

Tbh kax electric engine is bit outdated and not very well adjusted. You'll probably do new and fancy one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...