[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

4 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

I have no popular electric engine to base on both for dimensions of the part and for performance configuration. But yes, I was planning to. Perhaps when I get enough data but so far, I can't.

Okay then sounds good. I'll be patient :)

Siemens page is a good start to get more info about modern electric engines. I know that I readed somewhere on theirs page a more detailed datasheet about engine in the past, but they rearanged web page and I can't find it right now. I will try to search for some info, but provided link should get you a good estimated guess about size and performance. (it is written somewhere in wall of text).

EDIT:

Found some better info:

https://www.siemens.com/press/pool/de/events/2016/corporate/2016-12-innovation/inno2016-aerobatic-airplane-e.pdf

It is electric motor SP260D. I'm pretty sure that they have more than one model. It can probably be used with different propeler sizes and number of blades.

Edited by kcs123
more info found

@kcs123 I have tried searching for blueprints for the engine and the aircraft that could have it but I couldn't find one. I base my models on blueprints to get precise measures and make it exactly like the thing.

@commanderbunbun That suggests you probably have messed with the dry and wet mode of the ModuleEnginesFX as well as the EFFECTS part of the config or the .wav it is referring to in my own folder. The two modes have different curves and EFFECTS have a specific line for the sound and where it is located. Either you misspelled anything on the line, the sound isn't where it is supposed to be, or you use a custom sound file not supported by ksp.

16 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Can You make a replica of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europrop_TP400 Engine because I really want to make an A400M Atlas replica and the titan prop is just too big to look nice

Here's a shot of the engine:

0LDiacj.jpg

I think either Mk2 Expansion Pack or OPT Space planes has that very same engine. 

17 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

I don't like putting parts from different mods on one craft unless their design style is similar enough, and blackheart's design style is very nice compared to the mk2 expansion, which I don't think has this engine anyway, so that's why I'm asking for it.

gotta agree here, this mod is just incomparably better quality than anything else, parts look like they belong in the game. Other mods more often than not look out of place.

@memeconnoiseur Looks interesting, I'll look into it. If I make that engine, might be (for now) the last engine as well as probably going to slow down making parts. I really, really want to further optimize the engines (further cut-offs than right now, just better performance curves over all) But that's a LOT of engines to tweak but probably going to end up in just one small looking update.

--

Anyway, speaking of technicalities, so far testing with both new cockpits have gone well, as well as a working performance curve for the new "Tempest" engine. Just need some polishing with the config small data and visuals, as well as finalizing textures and hopefully capable of releasing when I can. I am sporadically getting more time so no waiting for new year, should be able to release an official 1.3.1 update soonTM

But not very very soon

would it be too much to ask for a size 2 AC130 cockpit please? ive seen a few mods that adds one, but they look soo out of place and they don't have an IVA 

I reeeeallly love ac130s...

Edited by SparkyFox

yes, Blackheart is currently working on Release 19, the official release for 1.3.1 and he is working on too much for it for any of our part requests to be addressed until the release after R19

I want a C-130 cockpit because my Airplanes plus A400M (with jet engines instead of turboprops) and C-130 both use the airbus cockpit and that annoys me

1 minute ago, memeconnoiseur said:

yes, Blackheart is currently working on Release 19, the official release for 1.3.1 and he is working on too much for it for any of our part requests to be addressed until the release after R19

I want a C-130 cockpit because my Airplanes plus A400M (with jet engines instead of turboprops) and C-130 both use the airbus cockpit and that annoys me

I really like the cockpits, but that helicopter cockpit is the only one that's pretty close to an ac130, but the interior doesn't match at all

On 2/21/2017 at 9:20 PM, NeoFatalis said:

Is there a chance for a real plume config for the jet engine? (I hate the stock plume and I tried to make my own and somehow messed it up) also with real plume you can make exhaust effects for props which would look dope 

Doing a bump, wondering the same thing :)

@memeconnoiseur The work isn't that much despite the difficulty of cockpits and engines compared to other parts, but my main problem is I got stuff to do in real life (not that much anymore). Probably going to end once I get my license and back from it again. About past December 10 probably.

@Cratzz I'd like to focus on the mod itself for now. It's one of the biggest reasons why I am not doing any mod compatibility patches of my own for now. I'm easily distracted and like I said, takes my focus off the things that I need to put in. Not to mention I think some more useful patches would be better done first If I do so. You're free to take it off the real plume, I don't mind. :) 

@Lan_Morehell As I said above this sentence, I don't have any added mod compatibility for the mod. Made and tested with stock + firespitter. Though most of the parts work well with FAR and I made efforts fixing the cockpit collider holes for FAR but no configuration for it. I am interested but like I said, I got more to do (I haven't even fully tested and applied the new engine curve and air intake curve I have in mind to all engines). If there are people who'd like to make configs for FAR, that's fine anywhere in the forums. Making wings compatible with FAR is more complicated than usual, iirc, and requires measurements of the model itself. Takes some time compared to other mods in terms of making compatibility.

--

Anyway, back to developing, tested and finished the parts as well as added two more parts, Size 2 Booms. They look similar with the booms of the Mk1 and I'm thinking of making short booms for Size 2 as well. For people who use a custom config for Tweakscale, it might not be a problem but this is a custom made Size 2 Boom with its own texture and texture switch connecting to the black stripe alternative of the size 2 parts. Only needs a few more testing and if I do implement a short boom for Size 2, got to test that as well. Once done, might be set for release! 

Oh, and the engine cowling works nicely now.

Q3uFPQU.png

26 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

@memeconnoiseur The work isn't that much despite the difficulty of cockpits and engines compared to other parts, but my main problem is I got stuff to do in real life (not that much anymore). Probably going to end once I get my license and back from it again. About past December 10 probably.

@Cratzz I'd like to focus on the mod itself for now. It's one of the biggest reasons why I am not doing any mod compatibility patches of my own for now. I'm easily distracted and like I said, takes my focus off the things that I need to put in. Not to mention I think some more useful patches would be better done first If I do so. You're free to take it off the real plume, I don't mind. :) 

@Lan_Morehell As I said above this sentence, I don't have any added mod compatibility for the mod. Made and tested with stock + firespitter. Though most of the parts work well with FAR and I made efforts fixing the cockpit collider holes for FAR but no configuration for it. I am interested but like I said, I got more to do (I haven't even fully tested and applied the new engine curve and air intake curve I have in mind to all engines). If there are people who'd like to make configs for FAR, that's fine anywhere in the forums. Making wings compatible with FAR is more complicated than usual, iirc, and requires measurements of the model itself. Takes some time compared to other mods in terms of making compatibility.

--

Anyway, back to developing, tested and finished the parts as well as added two more parts, Size 2 Booms. They look similar with the booms of the Mk1 and I'm thinking of making short booms for Size 2 as well. For people who use a custom config for Tweakscale, it might not be a problem but this is a custom made Size 2 Boom with its own texture and texture switch connecting to the black stripe alternative of the size 2 parts. Only needs a few more testing and if I do implement a short boom for Size 2, got to test that as well. Once done, might be set for release! 

Oh, and the engine cowling works nicely now.

Q3uFPQU.png

so @blackheart612, wil you ever, in the near or distant future, add official ASET or RPM internals to the cockpits?

@memeconnoiseur He said multiple times that he doesn't think he should do configs because he doesn't want this mod to have multiple dependencies. So for now you have to ask other users for patches. Although, I do remember someone was working on an ASET patch for the helicopter cockpits. Also, there is already an RPM patch in the OP :P

10 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

@memeconnoiseur He said multiple times that he doesn't think he should do configs because he doesn't want this mod to have multiple dependencies. So for now you have to ask other users for patches. Although, I do remember someone was working on an ASET patch for the helicopter cockpits. Also, there is already an RPM patch in the OP :P

I deliberately said in the near and distant future because people have asked about it so much

I understand that @blackheart612 doesn't want APP to have multiple dependencies, I just wanted to know if he would ever make ASET or RPM internals 

I have the RPM patch but it doesn't contain any internals for the Airbus cockpit, which I use alot and its lack of functioning MFD's annoys me greatly

I did not make that post in order to ask him to make internals,  I only asked because I wanted to know if he would eventually make some