KSP Stuck on "Squad/Spaces/mk2InlineInternal/Internal/mk2InlineInternal" at Startup

Hello,

Just bought and installed KSP. Tried to run it for the first time and the game loaded until it reached the file "Squad/Spaces/mk2InlineInternal/Internal/mk2InlineInternal" and then freezes permanently. I checked the game files and had Steam verify them and it turned out that one of the files failed to checkout and would be re-acquired. Ran the verification again and the whole thing passed. Clicked play again and got the same problem, stuck on "Squad/Spaces/mk2InlineInternal/Internal/mk2InlineInternal". I deleted local content and re-installed the game and the problem continues to persist. 

Any thoughts? Anyone got a few tricks up their sleeve I might use to get KSP up and running?

Version: 1.1.2

Steam, clean install

Player.log file:

System Specs (screenshot and link to .rtf):

i1nk9zw.png

Screenshot of hang point:
FLg4fjp.png

Edited by Voxmortalis
More information

7 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Chances are something after that file is making it choke, but without a log, we have no way of knowing what it is.

Ah I see I have left out some expected information. I'll edit the post later today once I get back from work. 

Sounds *exactly* like when I used to get out-of-RAM failures pre-64bit and cramming in too many mods.

Sounds like you are doing this unmodded though, you shouldn't be out of RAM.

You running anything in the background?

Try temporarily removing the part that it is sticking at. If it just sticks at a different part, then it will be even *more* like an old fashioned out-of-RAM thing. Check the RAM utilisation when the loading is stuck as well.

Sorry man, this sort of thing is a pain in the backside.

PS: also, when in doubt, update video drivers. I've had that cause some weird, seemingly-completely-unrelated-to-video issues.

On 5/23/2016 at 3:43 AM, sackfalte said:

Hi,

I have not tried to run KSP on Mac yet, but on Linux, so my question is: are you sure you are running the x64 version of KSP?

I only ever had the loading-bar freeze on me when I ran the x32 version.

I'll check and see. What what I have found is that Steam automatically launches the x86 (32bit) version. I'll try and force if to lanch the x64 now.

19 minutes ago, Voxmortalis said:

Updated my post. Sorry it took so long. Anything else I might be missing?

Here is your problem:

IOException: Sharing violation on path /Volumes/DAWNWALL/Games/Steam Library/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/PartDatabase.cfg
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.SavePartDatabase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileAll>c__Iterator49.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What this scary looking message is basically saying is "I can't read this because something else is trying to".

I know your on Mac, but any anti-virus that might be interfering? Maybe you have other programs open? Otherwise, not sure, I don't use OSX, but something is trying to read that file at the same time as KSP

Possible relevant help thread (check near the bottom) - the person who had this issue said it was a problem with the filesystem they were using on an external drive?:

Edited by severedsolo

39 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Here is your problem:

What this scary looking message is basically saying is "I can't read this because something else is trying to".

I know your on Mac, but any anti-virus that might be interfering? Maybe you have other programs open? Otherwise, not sure, I don't use OSX, but something is trying to read that file at the same time as KSP

Possible relevant help thread (check near the bottom):

Hmm. No antivirus. Could it be Steam's fault? I'll try and boot the game with nothing else running. Update in a sec. 

32 minutes ago, Voxmortalis said:

Hmm. No antivirus. Could it be Steam's fault? I'll try and boot the game with nothing else running. Update in a sec. 

No luck booting KSP by itself. This weird. Nothing else is running not Steam not anything. 

Same problem in the log file:

IOException: Sharing violation on path /Volumes/DAWNWALL/Games/Steam Library/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/PartDatabase.cfg
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.SavePartDatabase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileAll>c__Iterator49.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edited by Voxmortalis

On 5/24/2016 at 3:00 AM, Claw said:

Try launching the game in full screen mode. You may need to edit the settings.cfg file and set: "FULLSCREEN = True"

This was causing issues for some folks.

No luck with the fullscreen edit.

Edited by Voxmortalis

On 5/24/2016 at 9:09 AM, p1t1o said:

Sounds *exactly* like when I used to get out-of-RAM failures pre-64bit and cramming in too many mods.

Sounds like you are doing this unmodded though, you shouldn't be out of RAM.

You running anything in the background?

Try temporarily removing the part that it is sticking at. If it just sticks at a different part, then it will be even *more* like an old fashioned out-of-RAM thing. Check the RAM utilisation when the loading is stuck as well.

Sorry man, this sort of thing is a pain in the backside.

PS: also, when in doubt, update video drivers. I've had that cause some weird, seemingly-completely-unrelated-to-video issues.

Yeah after removing the part it just sticks at another part. RAM pressure is about 1/4 of the total KSP is shown to be using only 1.12GB

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

Here is your problem:

Possible relevant help thread (check near the bottom) - the person who had this issue said it was a problem with the filesystem they were using on an external drive?:

Hmm, I checked out that link and the problem they were experiencing had to do with their external being formatted to exFAT and exFAT not supporting all "ACL flags like for single user or multiple user access mode". Which is interesting as my KSP, and all my other games, is installed on an external formatted to exFAT. I'll see if I can make a new partition that supports ACL flags and post my findings.

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.