Does anyone else screenshot profusely?

Candre

I can\'t really put my finger on why I constantly screenshot whenever I do something in-game. Stage separations, explosions, landing gear deployments, KSC flyovers, orbits in the map, or just anything somewhat significant in general - I screenshot it. I think it has something to do with never being in the same situation again, and wanting to save it. Wut? Does anyone else do this, or am I insane?

Maybe I just somehow think I\'m F5\'ing or something...

I can\'t really decide if this should be in off-topic or just general discussion. Better safe than sorry!

I don\'t go as crazy with it as you do, but it\'s reached the point where I think I need to make some sub-folders and sort my collection so that I can find the one I want when I need it. For categories I\'m thinking: scenery, achievements, comical mishaps, the staggering awesomeness that is my ship designs (that one would have a lot of crossover with comical mishaps), and stuff that illustrates ideas.

All tidily sorted now.

Achievements (rover parked by a monolith, etc.) : 103

Catastrophes: 52

Illustrations (of orbital mechanics and stuff): 16

Scenery: 240

Ship designs: 32

Knowing you don\'t care but feeling the need to post this anyway: part of the sickness. :)

285 screenshots totalling 130 mb in my development folder (no, you can\'t see any of them ;P)

except maybe this one

Dev is Classified? DANG IT! JK, though looking at those screenies would be intresting.

I can\'t really put my finger on why I constantly screenshot whenever I do something in-game. Stage separations, explosions, landing gear deployments, KSC flyovers, orbits in the map, or just anything somewhat significant in general - I screenshot it. I think it has something to do with never being in the same situation again, and wanting to save it. Wut? Does anyone else do this, or am I insane?

Maybe I just somehow think I\'m F5\'ing or something...

I can\'t really decide if this should be in off-topic or just general discussion. Better safe than sorry!

No, I don\'t really do that unless I\'m on a mission to take pictures of my mission.

Heh, it was before we had kerbal deaths coded. They would just hit the ground and keep on going, bounding across the surface.

Nova, I think people are going to try to make lots of Kerbal deaths now. Also for gravitational purposes, assuming an EVA occurs on Minmus, and the EVA keeps bouncing, can you end their \'flight\'? Also since they each control one of the motions, will you not be able to access that motion on the return trip?

I just crashed my plane because I was paying more attention to lining up the camera for the perfect screenshot than I was flying the plane. For the third time. Today.

I do that, but it\'s when I\'m adjusting my view for flight, not screenshots.

If in Windows, setting fraps to take a screenie every x seconds is a good choice for finding a good shot without necessarily arranging it, so you can have more time to fly the plane instead of taking pictures ;P

I used to document my first Mun and Minmus missions with several screenshots and a short description of each flight (the program had an 80% fatality rate :o). Maybe I was being a bit obsessive...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.